IGNORED

@Mind Serviced Residence

felix the cat

I stayed 4 nights at @Mind http://www.atmindgroup.com & found the hotel ok but not great. The only down side is that the reception girls were pretty hopeless (at the best of times) i requested for eg: fresh towels, sugar (with your complimentry coffee) they wouldn't do anything straight away....sometimes never!

The maid service was lame at times...forgetting toilet paper,tissues etc etc....you get the point.

The up side is its away from the action & very quite, so if you want some quality time with your tilak...this place would be great. The facilities are good...nice pool,Gym & Suna,Mini Mart,Laundrette,Massage (i think no happy endings). I paid through Agoda & cost around AUD$50 per night (that's with taxes) so around 1600b per night.

Here are some pixs...hope you like.(scoll down a bit)

DSC01401 (Small).JPG

DSC01402 (Small).JPG

DSC01379 (Small).JPG

DSC01380 (Small).JPG

DSC01381 (Small).JPG

DSC01382 (Small).JPG

DSC01383 (Small).JPG

DSC01384 (Small).JPG

DSC01386 (Small).JPG

DSC01387 (Small).JPG

DSC01389 (Small).JPG

DSC01390 (Small).JPG

DSC01391 (Small).JPG

DSC01392 (Small).JPG

DSC01393 (Small).JPG

DSC01394 (Small).JPG

DSC01397 (Small).JPG

DSC01398 (Small).JPG

DSC01395 (Small).JPG

DSC01396 (Small).JPG

DSC01407 (Small).JPG

DSC01408 (Small).JPG

DSC01401 (Small).JPG

DSC01402 (Small).JPG

Edited by whitespider

Looks pretty good dude, which is just as well because I'm booked in there for 2 weeks in May :D .

I was looking for something a little distance from the action, as I like a good sleep at night without the walls vibrating from the nearest bar's music. Couldn't resist when the rate for a suite was so good.

Hopefully my habit of a daily tip for the maid will circumvent any difficulties over missing loo-paper. Other than that I generally expect the service to be a bit wonky in the average Thai accommodation, TiT after all.

I'll try to put up an extended review once I'm back from my trip.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

I stayed there one night last year in october. It's new but couple of things i wasn't really over the moon about.

1. Vinyl floor coverings combined with a bed on wheels makes the bedroom olympics very challenging

2. early in morning random TG (drunk and possibly otherwise intoxicated) calls room from front desk berating me for "forgetting her". I tell her I don't know who she is and to beat it. Next thing they have let her upstairs and is beating on door of my room.

Apart from that it is nice and handy to Soi 6.

Clarky

The funny thing about first impressions is you don't get a second chance at them!

Have had a look at it to. I like the idea of a gym and a pool. Although i liked staying on the six and might do that again i plan on seeing more of a particular lass when i am there next time so somewhere a bit more "homey" does appeal. I see it is close to Soi Six. How long would it take to walk to Second road? and how late is the pool open? Some places shut the pool at nightfall. Others later.

Looks pretty good dude, which is just as well because I'm booked in there for 2 weeks in May :D .

I was looking for something a little distance from the action, as I like a good sleep at night without the walls vibrating from the nearest bar's music. Couldn't resist when the rate for a suite was so good.

Hopefully my habit of a daily tip for the maid will circumvent any difficulties over missing loo-paper. Other than that I generally expect the service to be a bit wonky in the average Thai accommodation, TiT after all.

Cheers

Perthie

Yep its a pretty good location & it gives you a good excuse to go up soi 6/1 (from Beach rd) when walking back to the hotel...I had a great perve at all the LB's...some fuckin hot!

Yes i tip the maid 20b but she still stuffed it up...Oh yeah i forgot to mention that there were many Russian's staying there, but they didn't bother me really....also, there's a small laundry shop out the back side....so if you turn right at the driveway & head down to Phettrakul rd you'll see it near the corner. Also if you head down that rd there's a great Buffet place called IE or AI (cant remember) but its open late...from 6pm to 3am....here are some pixs..

DSC01411 (Small).JPG

DSC01413 (Small).JPG

DSC01410 (Small).JPG

Edited by felix the cat

Have had a look at it to. I like the idea of a gym and a pool. Although i liked staying on the six and might do that again i plan on seeing more of a particular lass when i am there next time so somewhere a bit more "homey" does appeal. I see it is close to soi six. How long would it take to walk to Second road? and how late is the pool open? Some places shut the pool at nightfall. Others later.

It would take only 1min to walk to 2nd rd...2mins to the Corner Bar Soi 6.

The pool is open till 11pm...pretty good IMO.

Yep its a pretty good location & it gives you a good excuse to go up soi 6/1 (from Beach rd) when walking back to the hotel...I had a great perve at all the LB's...some fuckin hot!

Yes i tip the maid 20b but she still stuffed it up...Oh yeah i forgot to mention that there were many Russian's staying there, but they didn't bother me really....also, there's a small laundry shop out the back side....so if you turn right at the driveway & head down to Phettrakul rd you'll see it near the corner. Also if you head down that rd there's a great Buffet place called IE or AI (cant remember) but its open late...from 6pm to 3am....here are some pixs..

DSC01411 (Small).JPG

DSC01413 (Small).JPG

DSC01410 (Small).JPG

Excellent, thanks for the tip on the BBQ, love eating in those places. I notice Jameson's is just up the road too, must call in and take a look.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Cheers

Perthie

Sorry to disappoint you but i had the same plan but it didn't work. The place is quite good, new furniture you can get easily to Soi 6 but if you are looking to have some rest when u get back to your room....forget it. I was there in december and honestly the price is not so cheap as someone is saying so i thought that the clients would be different. Long story short: people getting back at 03.00 AM yelling and making noise either inside the building or by the swimming pool and from 08.30 the maintenance work starts so u can't sleep during the night and the morning. It's a shame bc the place is looking very nice. That was my experience so if anybody knows if something changed pls let me know.

Cheers

felix do you know how much the monthly rate is?

Had a quick look at there web site but they did not show a monthly rate.

Thanks

I was looking at, at mind resort,different.

I found the mind service residence prices on there site.

Studio room 55000bt/month

1 bedroom 75000bt/month

2 bedroom 95000bt/month

+elect , water,

A bit too much for my budget.

It looks like u got a much better price from Agoda.

Edited by rickyt

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

I nearly booked this place last trip.

I'm still tempted to try it next trip.....

I love how close it is to Soi 6.....passed it many times scooting around the back streets.

Perthie- Jamison's was not that great when I tried it but give it a try.

Didn't know about the Buffet place...it that just before Hollywood?

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Sorry to disappoint you but i had the same plan but it didn't work. The place is quite good, new furniture you can get easily to soi 6 but if you are looking to have some rest when u get back to your room....forget it. I was there in december and honestly the price is not so cheap as someone is saying so i thought that the clients would be different. Long story short: people getting back at 03.00 AM yelling and making noise either inside the building or by the swimming pool and from 08.30 the maintenance work starts so u can't sleep during the night and the morning. It's a shame bc the place is looking very nice. That was my experience so if anybody knows if something changed pls let me know.

Cheers

Damn!!

Mind you, I stayed at both Tim's and LK Royal on previous trips, and there were nights when a bunch of lads would come home roaring at 3am and wake everyone up.

Acting in some advice from tripadvisor I've requested a top floor room, so perhaps the added altitude will help :D . I'm pretty good at sleeping through noise, as I work permanent night-shift, so daytime sleep is always assailed by street noise.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the low-season will be better.

Cheers

Perthie

I nearly booked this place last trip.

I'm still tempted to try it next trip.....

I love how close it is to Soi 6.....passed it many times scooting around the back streets.

Perthie- Jamison's was not that great when I tried it but give it a try.

Didn't know about the Buffet place...it that just before Hollywood?

Hi mate,

Being in a slightly different part of town I might as well try Jameson's just to add to my experiences. I'm assuming it's basically just a pub, so may be a calmer spot to retreat to sometimes.

I tried to suss out the BBQ joint on the Pattaya Photo Guide, without any success. As it's a local dining spot, I'm assuming the hotel staff or the moto-taxi guys will know where to find it. If that fails, at least I know where to find Ninja and a couple of BBQ joints on Soi Buakhao.

As for the @Mind, well I doubt if any place in Pattaya is quiet all the time, just depends on who's staying there at the moment. Fingers crossed for a bunch of old Perthie-types, although I'm not averse to the thought of a lot of hot Russki chicks staying there.........

So, how's May looking for you?? :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers

Perthie

So, how's May looking for you??

You know I would love to....unfortunately there is no leave available then.

The best I could do is extend my holiday a little in August to compensate for missing out in May.

The long wait begins again....sigh.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

You know I would love to....unfortunately there is no leave available then.

The best I could do is extend my holiday a little in August to compensate for missing out in May.

The long wait begins again....sigh.

No worries Mr B, I was just taking the mickey, I know you're already committed for your trips this year. :GoldenSmile1:

We won't be crossing paths in 2012, but 2013 may be different. We will undoubtedly manage to co-ordinate our trips at some point down the road.

Cheers

Perthie

felix do you know how much the monthly rate is?

Had a quick look at there web site but they did not show a monthly rate.

Thanks

I was looking at, at mind resort,different.

I found the mind service residence prices on there site.

Studio room 55000bt/month

1 bedroom 75000bt/month

2 bedroom 95000bt/month

+elect , water,

A bit too much for my budget.

It looks like u got a much better price from agoda.

Sorry m8 i only stayed here for 4 nights & got a cheap price through Agoda. Probably better for you to stay in a guesthouse instead.

Edited by felix the cat

Sorry to disappoint you but i had the same plan but it didn't work. The place is quite good, new furniture you can get easily to soi 6 but if you are looking to have some rest when u get back to your room....forget it. I was there in december and honestly the price is not so cheap as someone is saying so i thought that the clients would be different. Long story short: people getting back at 03.00 AM yelling and making noise either inside the building or by the swimming pool and from 08.30 the maintenance work starts so u can't sleep during the night and the morning. It's a shame bc the place is looking very nice. That was my experience so if anybody knows if something changed pls let me know.

Cheers

Gee you must of copped the bad end of the year because i didn't have any problem with the noise level. Yes, there was a little construction noise at times, but nothing to be concerned about....& for the customers...not a problem! The joint was full of Russian's & Chinese/thai's, didn't hear a thing from them.

Sorry m8 i only stayed here for 4 nights & got a cheap price through Agoda. Probably better for you to stay in a guesthouse instead.

Just booked a month in a 1 bed suite in diana estate, not as flash as this hotel, But the price is a lot more reasonable at 25,500 + elec and water. free breakfast,2 swimming pools,euro kitchen flat screen tv, free internet and dvd with free movies,

Thanks for posting Felix , i am always interested in looking at new places to stay, and 10 out 10 for your review and pics of mind service residence.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

• 1 month later...

I stayed in @mind Residence 15 days at March 2012 . Price 32 $ + Fee (Studio Room) at day on Agoda . Place Fine , Modern , but if You have Wrong Room like me (Building B - 2 Floor ) , It's very walking-far from Lobby , if you open the curtains , people easylook all that You do... and Internet Connection are really poor (for someone this is no problem , but for me that I used It for work , really trouble...) , Cleaning room has made afternoon very late and if You have neighbours Russian Group like me , the noyse is really considerable ( and I am not irritable man.... ) . Someday no seat around pool because few sunbeds . Positive Restaurant/Snack and massage in Room... and the place is near the action (Soi 6...)

Felix thanks for starting this thread. I have stayed 3 times at the @Mind complex over the last 6 months or so. On the plus side, clean, modern and well finished little studio condo setup. Its also got a gym and a nice pool. Two other plus points spring to mind - near to second road and Bhat buses and next to Jameson Irish bar for footy, food and drinks - oh next door from Jameson is a really good lil thai breakfast lunch place. The downside, well not too many issues - noisy neighbours and problems with surly holidaymakers grunting bout lack of sunbeds....sorry to say it was our Russian friends. My personal choice would be further up the soi past Jameson Nova Suite (really good but expensive), in the same price bracket as @Mind and again next to Jameson would be Nova Gold great rooms, classy and nice staff (only downside is that the pool is small and always in the shade)....hope this helps guys.