Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Globetrotter Hotel

p3squid

I know Bazzap stays here, as it is featured in his kick-ass TRs. Just wondering if anyone can throw some pics and/or info up for me. Looking to change hotels on my next trip. Any positives/negatives I should know about? Thanks.

Squid

• 1 month later...
is anybody stayed in welcom Inn hotel?worth or not?

I stayed at welcominn once when I was on a tight budget. For 500 Baht a night it's fine. I was there a few years ago and the rooms were clean, althought he beds are hard. There's a decent restaurant, The bar isn't bad.

You probably should have started a new thread for this question rather than tacking it to a thread about another hotel.

Edited by BassGod

Globetrotter hotel? i'd be interested in hearing about that one too.

Not sure if these rooms are the same as what you stay there in but, the rooms were

sort of small, some have no windows and the bamboo wall coverings and furniture

reminded me of the huts on of gilligans island.

Had AC in the rooms too.

Edited by kw59

Not sure if these rooms are the same as what you stay there in but, the rooms were

sort of small, some have no windows and the bamboo wall coverings and furniture

reminded me of the huts on of gilligans island.

Had AC in the rooms too.

that sounds like the same rooms I'm talking about. Some smell funky, and some don't have a window, so see the room before you take it. I consider it a good deal for 500 Baht. There is, or at least was, no safe in room. You put your valuables in an envelope that goes in the big safe down stairs.

Edited by BassGod

Stayed at Globetrotter. Older room but good location. Low season special was not advertised on internet so got one free night. They do charge extra for electric, also not advertised. MANY CATS all over this place. Would I stay again. Yes, it has character and and great staff. Also have stayed Welcom Inn twice. Also old and funky. Rooms with no windows are short time rooms. Will rent when everything else full. A bit too overpriced for an older place but it has a funky feel from the old days and places like this are very few in the constantly changing Pattaya. I will also stay here again.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Have stayed at the Globetrotter twice. Last time in november 2005. Good location, and the room I got had a small balcony with seaview. The electric meter is only connected to the aircon, so you do not have to pay extra unless you use it.

At 450 bath for the room it was great value IMO. The restaurant downstairs is excellent.

Yeh I just got a e mail from them at globetrotter I think the price and location are spot on,going to stay there when I go back in june. :D

Enjoy life,its too short not to.

Hi,

I've heard positive things about it, but alas I have never gone in there yet.

No man is a hero to his valet.

Just wonderd about the noise seeing as its on soi 7?

Enjoy life,its too short not to.

Just wonderd about the noise seeing as its on soi 7?

stayed there two times and never had problems with the noise from the bars. There is a couple of open air beer bars in front of the building but they have to switch off the music at around 02.00 am. The first bar in front of the restaurant features a couple of stunners as well ...

im staying there end of may and will take a few pics im staying from a reccomendation from bazzap,large room stay 5 nights get 2 free its only costing me 5K to stay 10 nights not bad eh

• 3 years later...

Didn't stay there, but would definitely recommend the food, both Swedish & the pizzas, tasty and good-value. Lasse is a nice old guy, very friendly & his staff competent, and the atmosphere is relaxed. Location 75m from Beach Road is also excellent !