Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Copy of rental agreement for address reporting or visa extension?

Tamada

I'm on a retirement visa and also do the 90-day address reporting and thus far have been renting a condo unit from a Thai real estate company. For each ereport / extension, I give immigration a copy of the first and last (signature) page of the current lease agreement with the reak estate company.

The lady (a Thai) who actually owns the unit has decided to no longer have the real estate company handle the rentail (and take a cut) so she'll now me renting it to me directly. Therefore I'll need to give her some guidance on how to make up some paperwork for a "rental contract" that looks official and that will satisfy immigration.

Are there particular details that need to be on it? I can thnik of some that are logical:

• My full name
  • My passport number
  • The time period that the agreement will cover (e.g. "One year commencing on ____")
  • The amount of the monthly rent in baht
  • The full address of the property being rented
  • Her name (as the owner)

Are there any other details needed to keep immigration happy (proof that she actually owns the place, for example)?

Also, is there any reporting she'll have to do (as in, provide immigration with a copy of my passport within some time frame)?

Thanks much for any light you can shed on these topics.

I own a condo in Bangkok and use the annual service charge bills/receipts to validate my address when seeking annual visa extension (take the originals and photocopies). Never been asked to produce them when doing 90 day check-ins.

You definitely have to provide something at Jomtien.

When I last used a rental agreement it was in the GF's name, so it didn't have anything about me.

I usually use either a services bill like TOT which only has my name & address on, but lately I've used my Thai DL.

I believe it only requires your name & the address, the rest of the info' is on your Passport copy.

They don't need to know how much you pay and all that stuff.

I'm pretty sure some use a hotel bill in their name.

The guy I rent from has a duplicate book of what I assume are standard rental agreements. The copy I have has never created any problems with immigration. I would guess that these can be bought from a good stationery supply shop. He didn't take a copy of my passport or anything so I'm not sure if he has reported to immigration that I am staying in the property. I know hotels are supposed to report guests but maybe this doesn't apply as you are providing the rental agreement for the immigration office.

I'm on a retirement visa and also do the 90-day address reporting and thus far have been renting a condo unit from a Thai real estate company. For each ereport / extension, I give immigration a copy of the first and last (signature) page of the current lease agreement with the reak estate company.

The lady (a Thai) who actually owns the unit has decided to no longer have the real estate company handle the rentail (and take a cut) so she'll now me renting it to me directly. Therefore I'll need to give her some guidance on how to make up some paperwork for a "rental contract" that looks official and that will satisfy immigration.

Are there particular details that need to be on it? I can thnik of some that are logical:

• My full name
  • My passport number
  • The time period that the agreement will cover (e.g. "One year commencing on ____")
  • The amount of the monthly rent in baht
  • The full address of the property being rented
  • Her name (as the owner)

Are there any other details needed to keep immigration happy (proof that she actually owns the place, for example)?

Also, is there any reporting she'll have to do (as in, provide immigration with a copy of my passport within some time frame)?

Thanks much for any light you can shed on these topics.

You can buy a standard Lease document in the stationary shop on Pattaya Klang just up from Leng kee, its about 20 baht I think. Fill in the details once leaving the period of Rental open then merely take a photo-copy when you go to soi 5 every 3 months.