Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Agoda..... Hotel tax & service fees?

barmatt

Can someone enlighten me, because agoda dont respond to the numerous email's I've sent asking the simple question, "are the hotel tax and service fees ($14.91) , which are below the nightly room rate ($70.21) at bottom right of page, are they also a nightly rate charged on top of the room rate or is it a one off fee for the entire stay??

I dont want to fill out the CC details in case the room is booked and cant see the point of handing over all your details when all I want is a total cost of the stay before booking.

So my question is...

Will I be charged $70.21pd + $14.91 x 11 nights = $936.32

or $70.21 x 11 nights + $14.91 = $787.22 ??

I'd appreciate some clarification

Edited by whitespider

Just go in and do a pretend booking (all the up to entering your credit card details

To me it sounds like a per night rate, so I believe the $936.32 is the amount. But doing the above step will tell you for sure

I used Agoda to book for my trip in April. The taxes weren't that bad. I think it gives you a total for your whole stay before you book. But don't worry if you don't like the prices at the end just cancel. I hand to cancel to change my dates. Had no problem. The only thing that got me about Agoda is that by it being a UK site my bank charged my a foreign fee which added maybe another 5 a night to my total price. So for 10 nights I roughly paid about 530. Which to me isn't bad because in the US hotels are much higher.

I've booked through both Agoda and other online booking agents before. Tax and service fees are a nightly rate.

If you have any doubts, try looking at asiawebdirect.com and putting in a dummy booking there - the total costs will be displayed on the booking page and you won't have to enter any CC details. Their rates are pretty much same-same as Agoda.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Just go in and do a pretend booking (all the up to entering your credit card details

To me it sounds like a per night rate, so I believe the $936.32 is the amount. But doing the above step will tell you for sure

I have done just that but to get the total cost you need to enter CC details. See attached doc if that dont work then hopefully the url does if not expired.

Doc1.doc

https://hkg.reservation.agoda.com/en-us/BookingForm.html

I've booked through both Agoda and other online booking agents before. Tax and service fees are a nightly rate.

If you have any doubts, try looking at asiawebdirect.com and putting in a dummy booking there - the total costs will be displayed on the booking page and you won't have to enter any CC details. Their rates are pretty much same-same as Agoda.

Cheers

Perthie

Thanks Perthie, then that makes it a very expensive room $85.12pn, fuck that, cheaper to book direct.

cheers

Thanks Perthie, then that makes it a very expensive room $85.12pn, fuck that, cheaper to book direct.

cheers

Try at a different time. Agodas rates can change very frequently. They are not "fixed" but change depending on capacity.

Here is an example.

Last November I booked two rooms for one night at April Suites - got the amazing price of 330 baht per room.

Told a mate who asked me to get him one too. Went back on Agoda (literally a few hours later) to book a 3rd room for the same night - price now 1300 Baht.

Likewise, if you have a booking keep checking back too. If you find it cheaper later there is no fee to cancel and do again although you do have to wait a few days for the refund.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

why pre- booking ? plenty of hotels just about everywhere and whenever i show up at their reception they always offer promotions or discounts, booking on the internet instead you will always pay full price and hidden taxes, for nothing !

the only real issue in patts is between christmas and early january where even the worst guesthouses are fully booked.

I have done just that but to get the total cost you need to enter CC details. See attached doc if that dont work then hopefully the url does if not expired.

Doc1.doc

https://hkg.reservat...ookingForm.html

You do have top input payment method but the total price comes up on the next page BEFORE you click "pay now". Entering the CC details does not make the booking.

Doc1.doc

https://hkg.reservat...ookingForm.html

That's DEFINITELY a per night tax/service charge

why pre- booking ? plenty of hotels just about everywhere and whenever i show up at their reception they always offer promotions or discounts, booking on the internet instead you will always pay full price and hidden taxes, for nothing !

the only real issue in patts is between christmas and early january where even the worst guesthouses are fully booked.

True but prebooking guarantees the hotel you want for the number of days you want. It also means no trudging around with a bag on arrival. I used to just turn up but one time the first 3 choices were all full and the 4th choice could not give me the full number of days i wanted. Even in low season the better hotels still fill first. If you dont mind where you stay then yeah its fine but there will always be some risk involved, however small.

Try at a different time. Agodas rates can change very frequently. They are not "fixed" but change depending on capacity.

Here is an example.

Last November I booked two rooms for one night at April Suites - got the amazing price of 330 baht per room.

Told a mate who asked me to get him one too. Went back on Agoda (literally a few hours later) to book a 3rd room for the same night - price now 1300 Baht.

Likewise, if you have a booking keep checking back too. If you find it cheaper later there is no fee to cancel and do again although you do have to wait a few days for the refund.

Thats a pretty amazing price for April Suites 330baht pn you did well

Like your theory but I havent done that since i was backpacking a long long time ago. Now days I like to have everything pre-booked which saves on time trying to find something suitable which allows for more poontang time.

True but prebooking guarantees the hotel you want for the number of days you want. It also means no trudging around with a bag on arrival. I used to just turn up but one time the first 3 choices were all full and the 4th choice could not give me the full number of days i wanted. Even in low season the better hotels still fill first. If you dont mind where you stay then yeah its fine but there will always be some risk involved, however small.

agree but the most important reason for me is to see the hotel and the room in person.

many hotels look good in photo and then when you go there it's quite another story....

said that, Agoda seems to have very good prices, surprising.

You do have top input payment method but the total price comes up on the next page BEFORE you click "pay now". Entering the CC details does not make the booking.

Fair enough but i cant see why I have to provide my CC details including the CVC code (which can be save in the system somewhere) when all I fuking want is the total cost prior to providing those details.

Edited by barmatt

agree but the most important reason for me is to see the hotel and the room in person.

many hotels look good in photo and then when you go there it's quite another story....

said that, Agoda seems to have very good prices, surprising.

I agree with you about hotels pictures. I think thaifix was referring to people who KNOW the hotels they want i.e have probably stayed there before or been recommended, perhaps by another Addict..

Fair enough but i cant see why I have to provide my CC details including the CVC code (which can be save in the system somewhere) when all I fuking want is the total cost prior to providing those details.

Have to say I agree its a little strange. Here's a work around, not that you should have to, I agree.

On the CC page select PayPal as your payment method. That then gives you the TOTAL in the box on the right. Then click "back" to go back to the CC input page.

I have emailed them to point out the concern but we are pretty small beer for them so I doubt they will listen to me.

I agree with you. I suggest you have a look around the net and you will find many hotel booking sites. Unlike Agoda many of them quote an all inclusive price before you get to the payment details part. I've used Agoda many times and the same thing pisses me off as well. Tax and service fees with Agoda are a daily charge.

Have to say I agree its a little strange. Here's a work around, not that you should have to, I agree.

On the CC page select PayPal as your payment method. That then gives you the TOTAL in the box on the right. Then click "back" to go back to the CC input page.

I have emailed them to point out the concern but we are pretty small beer for them so I doubt they will listen to me.

Thanks for the suggestion I'll give it a try next time i consider using Agoda

They may not answer your email but they answer the phone. I have called them twice to make sure my bookings were good. All was fine. Here is the US number. Not sure where u are. (212) 444-0600

Hmm all seems not worth using Agoda.

Ktk for example the 1 bedroom suite 1800 odd on Agoda and 2200 all inclusive on the ktk site.

Total up the additional fees and you get just over 2200 with Agoda.

looks like the attractive rates are not all they seem.

Can someone enlighten me, because agoda dont respond to the numerous email's I've sent asking the simple question, "are the hotel tax and service fees ($14.91) , which are below the nightly room rate ($70.21) at bottom right of page, are they also a nightly rate charged on top of the room rate or is it a one off fee for the entire stay??

I dont want to fill out the CC details in case the room is booked and cant see the point of handing over all your details when all I want is a total cost of the stay before booking.

So my question is...

Will I be charged $70.21pd + $14.91 x 11 nights = $936.32

or $70.21 x 11 nights + $14.91 = $787.22 ??

I'd appreciate some clarification

If you use directrooms.com (a comparison site) they show the final cost with any Agoda offer.

Many many times Agoda are not the cheapest.

I used Agoda to book for my trip in April. The taxes weren't that bad. I think it gives you a total for your whole stay before you book. But don't worry if you don't like the prices at the end just cancel. I hand to cancel to change my dates. Had no problem. The only thing that got me about Agoda is that by it being a UK site my bank charged my a foreign fee which added maybe another 5 a night to my total price. So for 10 nights I roughly paid about 530. Which to me isn't bad because in the US hotels are much higher.

Change the currency to US Dollar that way you don't get charged the conversion fee by your bank.

If you use directrooms.com (a comparison site) they show the final cost with any Agoda offer.

Many many times Agoda are not the cheapest.

I've found it cheaper to book direct got a price of 2290baht pn for the same room as apposed to 2720baht pn with Agoda.

Will look at using other booking agents in the future but until Agoda change their booking system I will stay away...dont like handing over personal details just to find out the total cost of a transaction when this info should be made available to you prior to booking.

With all the internet bookings I have made, Agoda is the only site that asks for your details before you know what the total cost is, seems dodgy to me.

Not often the cheapest-but usually you will get least impressive rooms in each category.