Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Billabong problem at the moment.

swedude

Just a bit of warning about Billabong in soi LK Metro. At the moment they are rebuilding the place next to it and it's fucking impossible to sleep between 7am - 5pm. I'm not normally the one to complain about noice, but it is SO LOUD and I can feel the vibrations from the drilling. I don't know if it's as loud in the other hotels on the soi?

Oh and to top it off... The water stopped working! Which means I have to go to Irish Rovers across the street, buy a beer, to just use the toilet!

I know it's not their fault but if things aren't working with the water tomorrow, I'm checking out.

I would go and speak to Greg and tell him about your frustrations with the ongoing building work as this is unacceptable and then MOVE to a quieter place ASAP IMO. Let us all know how you get on and enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Sorry to hear your trip is getting vandalised swedude, tough on Greg too as this is obviously something beyond his control. I'm sure he'll understand if you have a quiet word and tell him why you need to change hotels.

After all, it's a bit counter-productive to have to take another drink just so you can use the toilet.............

Hope things improve.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

I had 8 nights in Heaven@4 in Bangkok in Dec

awoke every morning at 7am to the sounds of drilling and jackhammering .. kinda didnt mind cos I was up and out and about early

instead of sleeping the day away.. but given the choice i would have rather not had to put up with it...

that's the trouble with pre paying hotels !!

Just a bit of warning about Billabong in soi LK Metro. At the moment they are rebuilding the place next to it and it's fucking impossible to sleep between 7am - 5pm. I'm not normally the one to complain about noice, but it is SO LOUD and I can feel the vibrations from the drilling. I don't know if it's as loud in the other hotels on the soi?

Oh and to top it off... The water stopped working! Which means I have to go to Irish Rovers across the street, buy a beer, to just use the toilet!

I know it's not their fault but if things aren't working with the water tomorrow, I'm checking out.

Dude - take a walk to the end of the soi - Armageddon. Ask if they have any of the four big rooms available....they are VERY nice for the price.

OR...I know Nickys in Buhkao has a room right now.....700 baht, huge with sofa etc, and you can use the hotel swimming pool at the back....

http://www.nickysbar.com/

Yeah I'm getting on fine now. Seems like the worst noice has stopped but they're still rebuilding the place next to the hotel.

The water thing was only on 2 occations. First time I was on my way to the six, so a ST there took care of the shower problem. Second time was late at night when I got home. That's when I went to Irish Rovers.

I still like Billabong and this is a temporary thing so I hope they don't loose too much business just because I complained here a little.

I stayed here anyway just because I'm too lazy to pack up everything and switch hotels. It's ok now, only heard the jackhammer for about 30mins this morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive just returned from Patts and I stayed at the Billabong for my whole trip. Yes the construction work next door was annoying at first and then I kinda got used to it. The water situation was a hassle but Greg was onto it pronto and it was sorted.

Greg and Kung were/are as frustrated as their guests at the constant noise and dust and have both been to speak with the builders/new owner of the place next door re their frustrations at seeing their guests checking out, both Greg and Kung totally understood why people wanted to leave and on one occasion I witnessed Kung giving the builders a real dressing down re the noise.

Yes it was a pain in the backside but it didnt spoil my holiday. The Billabong remains in my opinion a great place to stay, good atmosphere, girls and food.

Greg, if you read this mate thanks for another great trip and I hope the next door work gets sorted out quickly,see ya soon.

Simon.

Yes the construction work next door was annoying at first and then I kinda got used to it

.......like Nelson Mandela got used to be locked up ?

I come to Thailand for the beaches.....How about you ???

Yeah if you like Mav. Greg and his Mrs have always strived to run a decent ship at the Billabong , and they do, so maybe I wanted to stay loyal to them and give them my money and just get on with it. Its a minor inconvinience, thats all and Im sure it wont go on as long as Mandelas prison term! We would all hate to see them suffer financially after this. I stay there because i like it and ill stay there again. The noise is a temporary thing.

Even through all this Greg still threw a blinding birthday party recently with free food (which was welcomed by everyone and nobody mentioned the noise then as they stuffed their faces) and the girls in the bar are having to put up with the noise more than the guests have too. They are keeping up the great level of service and almost laughing it off, at least guests can get up and go out if they want to.

The builders next doors of the Billabong are completely ripping out the guts of the first and second floor of it. My guess is that it will be a gogo bar. Anyone knows what it will be?

Edited by wadman

know what you mean about the noise, ive just got home and have always gone to the Billabong for breakfast... only once this time though!

must be killing there daytime buisness

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

Having just returned to the UK following a 2 week stay at the Billabong I have to agree with Simon. Greg and Kung have both worked really hard in making the Billabong what it is today. Lets all be thankful that they are still there and the place hasn't been sold. Yes the noise was loud and it did upset some people who were staying there. I for one saw Greg and Kung show their frustration at the situation and their disappointment at the few who checked out. Lets face it the problem was beyond their control at the time and I'm sure that if something could have been done they would have done everything to keep their customers happy. After all the last thing they want is to lose money. I still had a fantastic holiday and a great time at Gregs party. The girls there are awesomr!! Thanks for everything Greg and look forward to seeing you and Kung soon!!

Hmmmm I don't intend on deserting the Billabong as I like it but what's the chances of this construction stuff still happening come May?

I stayed in the Sunshine hotel on Soi 8 in June 2010 when part of it was being knocked down and it wasn't very pleasant 5555

I know how the OP feels as the new place I moved into was still being finished so hammer drills were the norm for about a month.

Its not the Billabongs fault in any way. But maybe the best thing is move until things are sorted. I didn't have a choice as I had a contract. But once it was finished life was good as normal.

To be honest Digsy when we checked out yesterday the noise was no where near as bad so I would think by the time you go over it won't be a problem.

The builders next doors of the billabong are completely ripping out the guts of the first and second floor of it. My guess is that it will be a gogo bar. Anyone knows what it will be?

I dont know them personally but everyone seems to be saying Gogo. I heard that it was the owner of a big walking st gogo that bought the place. Maybe someone who knows more than me can confirm?

Hopefully the new business next door will be a benefit to Billabong down the road. If it does end up being a Gogo bar I could see myself barfining a lady and taking her next door for a drink. Then up stairs to my room.

The noise during the day is terrible........I had trouble there the last few weeks (March 10 - 25) just trying to watch the NRL with the noise. They are jack hammering two floors out.

Poor greg but the noise is really bad. Im not staying there but there would be no chance of me being able to sleep when I get in at 7am....blind drunk or not.

I believe the place next door is going to be a gogo bar. Good!

Thank goodness the worst of the jackhammering is over. Should be finished by the end of the month (I bloody hope so) and it is going to be a gogo with an open area in front. Owned by the same lady owner as Iron Bar I believe.

Cheers to all and thanks for sticking in there.

Greg & Kung

By the way we have a new band on Thurs nights and Sundays from 4 to try and give them a bit of noise back.

Edited by gregj69