Pattaya Live Streams >> Pattaya Girls Livestreaming

IGNORED

Are there many fakes about?

I hear sometimes people talking about fakes and copies in Thailand. So those mobile phone stores in places like Tuk Com, are they safe to buy from or not? I know there are obvious copies, like I saw i-Pad 4 copies for 1,500Bt and the gal behind the counter told me they're copies. But what about the other stuff, like Sangsum and Nokia? I presume these are the genuine articles. How can one be sure?

I hear sometimes people talking about fakes and copies in Thailand. So those mobile phone stores in places like Tuk Com, are they safe to buy from or not? I know there are obvious copies, like I saw i-Pad 4 copies for 1,500Bt and the gal behind the counter told me they're copies. But what about the other stuff, like Sangsum and Nokia? I presume these are the genuine articles. How can one be sure?

It sounds daft I know, but I think most proper shops are quite likely to tell you which are the copies, if they have them.

Many of the copies aren't bad value. I bought an iPhone4 in PP for $32 and it's crap compared with a real one, but at maybe 13-14k Baht cheaper than a real one it doesn't do a bad job and, being Chinese it takes 2 SIMs.

Anyway, until someone tells me different, I'd have no great fear about buying a genuine Nokia or Samsung in TukCom, subject to getting one in a sealed box and seeing the Warranty Registration etc.

Maybe someone will tell me different but I haven't heard of copies being passed off as originals.

PS - I hadn't heard Sangso(u)m were making phones now. Has there been a merger :Drunk:

yeah the sumsang and nukias are fine and the blueberry phones are also real :):):):)

Generally the phones or tablets are subsidised by the carrier to get you to use their network so it is difficult to gauge the actual price of these products. I often buy these at wholesale prices and get reimbursed by the carrier once I supply them to my client. I can tell you there is very little markup on most of these so if it looks very cheap then it is hot or a fake.

I am impressed by the talents of some of the Tucom guys when it comes to unlocking a phone. Getting a prepaid phone on a plan and then having them unlock it is a pretty good way to get a cheap phone. (Most carriers will subsidise a phone if they can lock you into a plan at higher rates. They get their money back on your calls) I wouldn’t touch a copy phone or tablet unless I was prepared to replace it within 6 months, Cheap batteries, screens, and basic software are a few of he issues.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

copy what is not copy haha you inform me when you know!!

Fake copies normally comes from China, some are 1:1 copy. Almost all major brands has fakes, especially the Android phones.

Look out for these signs.

1. Dual sim slots.

2. Poor responsive screen.

3. Look at the battery, most are 3rd party.

4. Logos may have typo.

5. Lack GPS or 3G (for smartphone)

6. For smartphones, if you see MTK65xx or unknown processor used in specs, it's a fake phone.

It's better to pay now then to pay later. Nothing is free.

Where are you coming from and why do you want to buy in the first place?

Pretty much all goods coming into Thailand are faced with heavy duties which means that they are a lot more expensive than in the USA via Amazon.com/Walmart/Kmart/Target.

With fakes, it is hard to tell value because you have good and bad fakes and everything in between. That said, I'm sure that if you manage to find comparable fake quality, it will be cheaper via a web site that sells fakes in the USA as well.

And if you just need a phone while in Thailand, just get the cheapest thing. They all make phone calls.

Where are you coming from and why do you want to buy in the first place?

Pretty much all goods coming into Thailand are faced with heavy duties which means that they are a lot more expensive than in the USA via Amazon.com/Walmart/Kmart/Target.

With fakes, it is hard to tell value because you have good and bad fakes and everything in between. That said, I'm sure that if you manage to find comparable fake quality, it will be cheaper via a web site that sells fakes in the USA as well.

And if you just need a phone while in Thailand, just get the cheapest thing. They all make phone calls.

Well I live in Thailand but home is in Australia and I go back their for a short visit about once a year.

Why do I want to buy? Good question. I have absolutely no need whatsoever to buy myself a smart phone. I have 2 very basic mobiles already, someone phones me, the phone rings, I pick it up and speak, or reply to an SMS.