IGNORED

Sak Yant

Hello again just decieded to start this thread because i have been doing alot of reasearch and looking around asking around so on and so forth,i have just recently purchased

Lonely planet :Thailand

wich will help me find temples places to go trekking ect ect as i am a young man and i want to see thailand not just pattaya learn more about the culture ect i have already learned a fair amount about the culture and am now learning to speak thai i am coming along quite good I think haha

I talk to my thai girlfreind on skype and she helps me learn some thai aswell as learning on my own.

well anyway the reason i started this thread is because i have been looking at geting a Sak yant tattoo

By a master or a monk same same but different haha anyway i have been looking at some websites and came across a wat caulled WAT BANG PHRA wich looks like there are alot of farang going there geting tattoos ,it seems ligit and all

the website is here http://www.wat-bang-phra.com/tattoo-festival.php

anyway the guy that makes the website said that you dont really go there with a design in your hand wich is what you would normally do when geting a tattoo,insted you sit down with a monk and the monk will look into your soul and he will decied what sak yant to tattoo on you to put it simple well this just made me want to get one even more so when i am in thailand i am going to go to either

WAT BANG PHRA or a temple that my girlfreind recommends ,

I also have alot of tattoos (sak yant) that i know i want but if a monk decieds wich one i need and where and why i am happy with that,i belive in them so if you dont please dont bother taking the piss out of me just shut it and dont bother posting,on a better note i would love to hear from people that have a sak yant ,or similar done by a monk (khmer) ect sanskrit meanings what ever

If you know of some good tattoo palors in pattaya please let me know (not for sak yant) just for sanskrit meaning i have what i want i just need to find a decent artist that is recommended

I can and will ask my girlfreind but i think the more reasearch i do is better

Peace to all :D

Use the search function there are many threads on Tattos there is even a good thread on sak yants

Use the search function there are many threads on Tattos there is even a good thread on sak yants

will do thanks mate

but what i was asking and doing was making another thread a NEW one about recent tatto palors ect temples ect

and just a thread to start talking about it

well done mate

There are two books you should check out

1. Sacred tattoos of thailand - exploring the magic, masters, and the mystery of sak yan

2. Sacred skin - thailands spirit tattooo

l have plans of getting a yant while lm in surin hopefully around songkran on my chest l have spoken with a monk and been made aware of what is expected now l justhave to get it done..

There are two books you should check out

1. Sacred tattoos of thailand - exploring the magic, masters, and the mystery of sak yan

2. Sacred skin - thailands spirit tattooo

l have plans of getting a yant while lm in surin hopefully around songkran on my chest l have spoken with a monk and been made aware of what is expected now l justhave to get it done..

thanks mate i will check them out

nice to see your from aus as well

yer

• 6 months later...

After 2 years, I just had a 3 day marathon to complete my back piece of sak yant. It's was tough but now that it's over, worth it. My friend (was a monk when we started) is now an ajarn and he did it all as a friend. Only paid for one yant that I had done in Wat bang phra, witch was not a great experience as they mostly cared about my Baht. But now, SABAI SABAI!

• 5 months later...

I had a Sak done many years ago. When it was finished to prove it 'power' I was smashed to nits with a meat cleaver. It never hurt but he caught my shoulder bone and open it up a bit.

Had to go to the hospital for a few stitches when I took my shirt off the nurses went crazy. Have a look why.....

DSC01582.jpg

DSC01586.jpg

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

Archived