Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

China Garden Review – Jacuzzi Room – Soi Lengkee

Sentaur

The entrance is a little bit weird, but as the rooms are good I don't see that as much of a problem. I do wish it wasn't quite so hot in that corridor, though, what with all the fridges/freezers pumping out heat it can turn into a pretty toasty (if short) walk through there.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a separate entrance to the hotel, you do not walk though the restaurant to access the rooms. There is a secure door with electronic key tags and someone of the front desk 24/7, but as the restaurants gotten so busy build some work surfaces in the corridor to do some kitchen prep in. However we are looking at some re-modelling and moving the entrance completely.  

ohk ok i understood so its the same as i was in june 2016 there.

the fridges and coolers dont matter me as long as the door is seperate .

yes i too have seen the tall chef doing some meat preps and choosing outside on the fridge . which dint disturb me at all.

ian i have sent yuri my details hope to get it confirmed . thank u

ps: i had inquired here about the entrace thinking u have broken down the seperate entrance and made it thru the  restaurant

ohk ok i understood so its the same as i was in june 2016 there.

the fridges and coolers dont matter me as long as the door is seperate .

yes i too have seen the tall chef doing some meat preps and choosing outside on the fridge . which dint disturb me at all.

ian i have sent yuri my details hope to get it confirmed . thank u

ps: i had inquired here about the entrace thinking u have broken down the seperate entrance and made it thru the  restaurant

It's still the same as before, I'm sure Yuri will get back to you shortly. We just took over Jocky's next door and I'm considering "options" of making a doorway between the buildings but nothing final yet....they will have a separate entrance ! 

Cheers,

Ian

It's still the same as before, I'm sure Yuri will get back to you shortly. We just took over Jocky's next door and I'm considering "options" of making a doorway between the buildings but nothing final yet....they will have a separate entrance ! 

Cheers,

Ian

yes mate

yuri has confirmed my reservation :GoldenSmile1:

wowo taking over jockys thats goood ,sad for lek stayed a few days in june(when china garden was full :( ) at jockys but seemed since allan is out she cudnt manage the show well.

and yes yes plz keep seperate entrance . :GoldenSmile1: most like me are shy

hey mate does english metro apt have seperate entrance to room?

No but the bar is huge and air conditioned is great. , you can walk in easy no troubles ambiance is fine and quality rooms.

yes mate

yuri has confirmed my reservation :GoldenSmile1:

wowo taking over jockys thats goood ,sad for lek stayed a few days in june(when china garden was full :( ) at jockys but seemed since allan is out she cudnt manage the show well.

and yes yes plz keep seperate entrance . :GoldenSmile1: most like me are shy

Some of the best food I had was in Jockys recently .,  hope it continues ,keep the high standards up there..

• 2 weeks later...

We just took over Jocky's next door and I'm considering "options" of making a doorway between the buildings but nothing final yet....they will have a separate entrance ! 

:hello09:

Let's go

Work underway :Photo1:

CGCG1.jpg

:SoWhat1:

I'm checking in to China Garden on the 22nd. Bringing a guest back to the room through a kitchen prep area sounds interesting. I'm envisioning slipping myself and lady friend past some 5' tall sweaty dude holding a meat cleaver and dressed in a bloody apron chopping on a side of beef. :)

I stay at Swiss Chalet when I visit AC, and they have hotel guests walking through the dining area to get to the room. It's not so bad.

Question, where do I go to check in? Inside the restaurant?

I'm checking in to China Garden on the 22nd. Bringing a guest back to the room through a kitchen prep area sounds interesting. I'm envisioning slipping myself and lady friend past some 5' tall sweaty dude holding a meat cleaver and dressed in a bloody apron chopping on a side of beef. :)

I stay at Swiss Chalet when I visit AC, and they have hotel guests walking through the dining area to get to the room. It's not so bad.

Question, where do I go to check in? Inside the restaurant?

Jocky's has a separate side entrance which you might be able to see on the photograph Benny31 took (to the left of the white window), our plan is to join the two buildings on the first floor and have the same electronic key card entry systems. Guests will be able to use either door to access their room (Steak & Co side or Jocky's side) .. hopefully it will add some more discretion. We will open up the patio area at the front of the building so it becomes one long space, Jocky's will become "Smokin' Joe's BBQ" and hotel guests are entitled to 10% discount in either restaurant simply by presenting their key (table of 2 people max for the discount).

Jock'ys rooms are really large, we are still planning what to do, perhaps jacuzzi room's or make them in to one bedroom with sofa's and a lounge area. We are putting the floor back-in so eventually we will have 6 rooms. Work is scheduled to be completed in November 2016, we will of course try to keep the noise down, largely it's re-tiling and giving the place a face-lift / the restaurant change.

Thanks,

Ian 

My apologies for the questions. I'm not a picky customer, I promise! Just read a couple of the posts that piqued my interest. I tried to send you a pm, but it said I was unable to message you directly.

Work is scheduled to be completed in November 2016, we will of course try to keep the noise down, largely it's re-tiling and giving the place a face-lift / the restaurant change.

What are the working hours for construction, and is this in close proximity to China Garden rooms? Hopefully it's not too loud, or too early. I don't expect to be waking up very early during my stay. :)

The jacuzzi didn't work the first night so was told that it would be fixed the next day.I come back from lunch today and was told it would be fixed tomorrow.

Are Jacuzzis in good working order at this time? The jacuzzi was the deciding factor for staying at China Garden. I'm not sure what rooms i will be staying in. (I will need to change rooms from one jacuzzi room, to a second jacuzzi room for my last night. I'm fine with changing rooms, I was very appreciative of Yuri accommodating my schedule.)

We dont take deposits in order to make things easier for guests but when people let us down I feel deeply disappointed if they didn't bother to just email me and let me know...

I was asked to pay a 2000bht deposit. Is this a new policy?

I appreciate any responses, and am very much looking forward to my stay.  Having a representative of the hotel participating in this forum is an excellent resource!  Thank you!

I stayed in the same jacuzzi room back in 2011/2012 (I even think, that it was the exactly same room).

Really nice place. Windows were facing bussy street, but it wasn't a problem even at high seasson. Have to agree, that entrance was very weird, going through kitchen etc. Nothing what would ruin your stay, just something what will stick in your head even after these years. :D Price is unbeatable for what it offers.

Only problem with China Garden is, that its always full!!!

I definitely recommend this place.

23 24 25 26 27 28 years old farang & living in Pattaya north Thailand. :Finger4:

And I ride Kawasaki KSR only!

My apologies for the questions. I'm not a picky customer, I promise! Just read a couple of the posts that piqued my interest. I tried to send you a pm, but it said I was unable to message you directly.

What are the working hours for construction, and is this in close proximity to China Garden rooms? Hopefully it's not too loud, or too early. I don't expect to be waking up very early during my stay. :)

Are Jacuzzis in good working order at this time? The jacuzzi was the deciding factor for staying at China Garden. I'm not sure what rooms i will be staying in. (I will need to change rooms from one jacuzzi room, to a second jacuzzi room for my last night. I'm fine with changing rooms, I was very appreciative of Yuri accommodating my schedule.)

I was asked to pay a 2000bht deposit. Is this a new policy?

I appreciate any responses, and am very much looking forward to my stay.  Having a representative of the hotel participating in this forum is an excellent resource!  Thank you!

The 2000 Baht thing has been going for around 18 months, we are a small place and had a sudden up-turn of no shows so we now take the refundable deposit. The jacuzzi room's have all been redecorated in the past 2 months, new AC fitted (inverted ones) and the tubs are working fine ;-)

Re the building work next door, our builder doesn't surface before 10 am, if there's a problem with noise let Yuri know (the manager) and we can always start after 12 noon, mostly its going to be tiles going down and that decorative

cement going on the walls. 

Cheers,

Ian

I stayed in the same jacuzzi room back in 2011/2012 (I even think, that it was the exactly same room).

Really nice place. Windows were facing bussy street, but it wasn't a problem even at high seasson. Have to agree, that entrance was very weird, going through kitchen etc. Nothing what would ruin your stay, just something what will stick in your head even after these years. :D Price is unbeatable for what it offers.

Only problem with China Garden is, that its always full!!!

I definitely recommend this place.

With a little luck we will be adding 6 more jacuzzi rooms !!! 4 with balconies :-)  

What is the closest pool to the place? 

Directly across the street or slighly down the street at Opey De place, 2 minutes max

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked online and waiting for confirmation. I'm trying to book the Jacuzzi room for December 14- January 7. Really looking forward to this trip.

Longwood23

AKA

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Interested in possible booking and info on renos for April/may 2017 timeline. What is the website to use now? Still the China garden or is there something new?

Interested in possible booking and info on renos for April/may 2017 timeline. What is the website to use now? Still the China garden or is there something new?

Still the China Garden website, once the rooms are finished at the old Jocky's they will be sold on the same website too  

www.chinagardenpattaya.com

It's bloody noisy at present with constant drilling from next door. Used to be jockeys.

I'm sorry about any undue noise, they don't start until after 10 am but I understand people are on holiday. I hadn't planned on expanding and would have closed the room or warned customer in advance if I knew of the work being done, I literally knew a week before that Jocky's had become available.  In a few weeks it will all be over and we will have 6 more great rooms and a BBQ restaurant to boot ! 

Sorry again for the short term inconvenience 

Ian

Thanks for the website info. Rates inlcude taxes?

Thanks for the website info. Rates inlcude taxes?

Yes no hidden charges ;-) or joiner fee's etc

• 3 weeks later...

The website seems to be down...??

Any updates?

Hi. Re the pool across the road at Opey. Is there some deal on using it - what does it cost?

Archived