IGNORED

China Garden Review – Jacuzzi Room – Soi Lengkee

Sentaur

I stayed at the China Garden Hotel for six nights in August 2011. I got room #104, which was a Jacuzzi Room at 800 baht/night. The hotel is located at about the middle of Soi Lengkee off of Soi Buakhao.

Though its name says hotel, I believe this place is actually considered to be a guesthouse. The first floor of the building is a Chinese restaurant, which is where the front desk is located. To get to your room, there is an outside entrance on the side of the building, so you do not go through the restaurant. The staff was friendly and they’ll hold your barfine’s ID. There was no joiner fee.

The hotel’s location is very close to the LK Metro area, which of course means bars, restaurants, and “entertainment” are all within a short walk. WS is a little far to walk, but you can easily take a baht bus on Soi Buakhao, which will unload at the South Rd/2nd Road intersection.

The room was clean and nice with new furniture. There were two flat screen TVs, one for viewing from the bed and one from the Jacuzzi. There was a safe in the closet. My room had a long balcony facing the street. The bathroom was a little small, but very nice. It had a walk-in shower with a rain shower head.

There were a couple issues. One, there’s a karaoke place next to the hotel, so the noise was noticeable. I don’t remember the noise being an issue late at night. If you’re an early or light sleeper, then it’s something to consider. Two, an odor would emanate from the shower drains if the drain covers were removed. The shower would drain too slowly while the covers were on, so I needed to take them off when showering and put them back on when I was done. It wasn’t much of an inconvenience, but something that needed to be remembered.

No elevator for the four story building.

No swimming pool.

I really liked China Garden and will probably stay there again. For the money, it’s a great value in a good location.

Pics of my room:

ChinaGarden_01.JPG

ChinaGarden_02.JPG

ChinaGarden_03.JPG

ChinaGarden_04.JPG

ChinaGarden_05.JPG

ChinaGarden_06.JPG

ChinaGarden_07.JPG

ChinaGarden_08.JPG

ChinaGarden_09.JPG

ChinaGarden_10.JPG

My Trip Reports: Newbie . 2nd TripPattaya Hotel Reviews: China Garden . The Vault Hotel - P4 Bangkok Hotel Reviews: Phachara Suites . Jasmine Suites

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank You for review of the room, because this is my room in October.

Much appreciated, Beaverhunter

Thanks @Sentaur. That looks like a nice thick mattress, which is great. Can you comment on the comfort of the bed?

LM

Thanks @Sentaur. That looks like a nice thick mattress, which is great. Can you comment on the comfort of the bed?

LM

I thought the mattress was comfortable and none of my barfines complained. However, I rarely find hotel beds to be uncomfortable for me, so I'm easy to please.

My Trip Reports: Newbie . 2nd TripPattaya Hotel Reviews: China Garden . The Vault Hotel - P4 Bangkok Hotel Reviews: Phachara Suites . Jasmine Suites

I am very happy you enjoyed your stay, I think its very hard to beat this room VFM. As another BM said please try to book early as 90% of guests who stayed last year rebooked !

How long did the jacuzzi take to fill? :GoldenSmile1:

45 minutes, when i was there, but no problem, plenty of time for a drink on the balcony while you wait.

45 minutes, when i was there, but no problem, plenty of time for a drink on the balcony while you wait.

dont worry about 7/11, he is never happy.

How long did the jacuzzi take to fill? :GoldenSmile1:

555, do you also want to book a room for six months?

But seriously, I don't know. I never used the jacuzzi.

• 5 months later...

Hows the Chinese restaurant in China Garden?

What else does the restaurant serve besides chinese food?

Do they serve breakfast as well?

Hows the Chinese restaurant in China Garden?

What else does the restaurant serve besides chinese food?

Do they serve breakfast as well?

I have had the chinese food a couple of times and have always been pleased. The portions are big too. My dates have had thai food from the menu.

Don't know about breakfast.

nice--%C3%A0-classe_medium.jpg

In Thailand money talks and I am all talk.

No breakfast but Le Katai / 18 Coins / Witherspoons and Robins Nest are only 2 minutes walk !

The Chinese restaurant opens at 12 noon if you get peckish for some Cripsy duck rolls !

The Chinese restaurant opens at 12 noon if you get peckish for some Cripsy duck rolls !

I could have my arm twisted for some of these, look forward to my stay in 3 weeks

Dodgy

I stayed there last year really nice room & location, didn't use the jacuzzi to full effect sadly :)

I am thinking about staying there again this trip. Is it just the one jacuzzi room or are there more as my mate is coming too so two jacuzzi rooms would only be fair!!

Cheers

Rich

thanks for the review! I envy you, this is my first choice but all booked!

I feel very bad having to turn down so many bookings, its pretty much gridlocked from now until early February ... Xmas / New Year is full booked unless someone cancels.

Thanks for all the support guys

Ian

do i have this rite? 800baht is roughly £15 GBP?

do i have this rite? 800baht is roughly £15 GBP?

http://www.xe.com/uc...From=THB&To=GBP

Yes, that's about right.

Looking at China Garden's website, the Jacuzzi rooms are currently 1000 baht per night.

• 9 months later...

Just got my reservation.  Seems like a great place.  Can anyone advise if the Jacuzzi is a true "two person" Jacuzzi or some that (depending on some factors) a 1 1/2?

D69

Just got my reservation.  Seems like a great place.  Can anyone advise if the Jacuzzi is a true "two person" Jacuzzi or some that (depending on some factors) a 1 1/2?

D69

I hope you dont mind me commenting, definitely a two person jacuzzi ..maybe room for a third!!

Here's a picture... not bad for 1,200 baht a night! 

China-Garden-30.jpg

These babies cost me about 160,000 Baht each ... and have multi colours LED's ! 

China-Garden-12.jpg

I hope you dont mind me commenting, definitely a two person jacuzzi ..maybe room for a third!!

Here's a picture... not bad for 1,200 baht a night! 

Mate I got 3 girls in there lucky they were good friends..

Will stay again next year, construction next door should be finished by then if not already.  :GoldenSmile1:

Archived