Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

DOGS DOGS DOGS and shite that dog almost got me :)

Danielvp

far out i couldnt get over the amount of dogs wondering around, and the ones that are hurt and need to be put down but you cant do anything for them as a animal lover its hard to just walk away but with some many of them its hard to help its just not possible

Has anyone here ever helped a street dog

far out i couldnt get over the amount of dogs wondering around, and the ones that are hurt and need to be put down but you cant do anything for them as a animal lover its hard to just walk away but with some many of them its hard to help its just not possible

Has anyone here ever helped a street dog

Many times, have also taken 3 dogs and 4 cats of the street(my pets now)

Mate you are absolutely right, its impossible to help as there are so many, but can do little things, like feed them, maybe put anti mange medicine into a sausage(anti mange is only 100 baht for 10 tabs)

and i think most important help one can do is take girls to be de-sexed (thats only 1000 baht )

Oh - I thought you were going to post that one attacked you or something.........I used to have to mace them when I was in South America as they were viscious and rabid !

But.........I think its good Karma to help them also :)

Helped many a Street Dog during my Trips. Thing is though I didn't relise until the Morning what a Dog they were but 1000 Baht plus Tip soon sorted the problem

Mate you are absolutely right, its impossible to help as there are so many, but can do little things, like feed them, maybe put anti mange medicine into a sausage(anti mange is only 100 baht for 10 tabs)

and i think most important help one can do is take girls to be de-sexed (thats only 1000 baht )

lol... I think you mean bitches to be de-sexed...lol

I think some bargirls have been desexed :GoldenSmile1:

Laamok and myself have rescued and rehomed many + found homes for puppies we keep fining in our car park. I have two of them personally but lost count of all the ones we have taken in or taken to vets.

My oldest (name Lucky) was about 4 weeks old when I found him in the road. Broken back, broken pelvis, two broken legs. Took him to the vet to get put down but as is "normal" she refused although she did say that from the X-Ray a recovery was possible. Sat and weaned him for a few weeks all night long. he is 5 now, still cant sit down (kind of flops over) and cannot jump up on back legs but seems happy enough. Other one is just a little git - period :)

Heres a conundrum for you.

The UK has very few street dogs, or dogs out on the streets, compared to Thailand.

Where does all the dog shit go???? Given the amount you see in the UK you might expect Thailand to be drowning in the stuff.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Yes i agree but wouldnt wormer's and flea drops help along with anti mange

Oh - I thought you were going to post that one attacked you or something.........I used to have to mace them when I was in South America as they were viscious and rabid !

But.........I think its good Karma to help them also :)

Haha yea almost got the mace out haha just kidding you just gota stand your ground when they come for you as they can sense if your a woose and then they will go for you its funny some of them scatter off when you run at them but i shouldnt really try my luck i know hahah

Laugh my fukin ass off haha so true

I think some bargirls have been desexed :GoldenSmile1:

Some if not all :P

all comes down to when you decied to help and how im sure i will make the right decision ,my farther lives there and hes a good man he will help where he can and when he can i just think most of the females and if not all of the dogs should be removed sorry but if people cant take care of them there is not bloody point having them ,i heard there was a program a while back where they rescued alot of dogs and more or less culled them (goverment run)

Yes i agree but wouldnt wormer's and flea drops help along with anti mange

i do not think fleas are the major problem for them, mange is the the real problem-the no hair, blood etc etc

wormers are good idea, but can be a challenge because its a large size tablet and even if you put it into sausage, you find they leave it out, while the mange tabs are small in size, so they usually just eat it., also the mange tabs also are heart wormer and tick killer,

Laamok and myself have rescued and rehomed many + found homes for puppies we keep fining in our car park. I have two of them personally but lost count of all the ones we have taken in or taken to vets.

My oldest (name Lucky) was about 4 weeks old when I found him in the road. Broken back, broken pelvis, two broken legs. Took him to the vet to get put down but as is "normal" she refused although she did say that from the X-Ray a recovery was possible. Sat and weaned him for a few weeks all night long. he is 5 now, still cant sit down (kind of flops over) and cannot jump up on back legs but seems happy enough. Other one is just a little git - period :)

The UK has very few street dogs, or dogs out on the streets, compared to Thailand.

Where does all the dog shit go???? Given the amount you see in the UK you might expect Thailand to be drowning in the stuff.

On the back of my Fecking Flip Floos Mate that where it Bloody goes 5555

Easy peasy - ants mate........Ants_eating.jpg

One more? - Why are there less ants in Cambodia than Thailand? :Think1:

I don't know if there are really.

Easy peasy - ants mate.

One more? - Why are there less ants in Cambodia than Thailand? :Think1:

I don't know if there are really.

too clever by far you are mate :):) :)

errrr...less dog poo?

all comes down to when you decied to help and how im sure i will make the right decision ,my farther lives there and hes a good man he will help where he can and when he can i just think most of the females and if not all of the dogs should be removed sorry but if people cant take care of them there is not bloody point having them ,i heard there was a program a while back where they rescued alot of dogs and more or less culled them (goverment run)

Never heard of them being culled.

Occasionally the government runs "neutering" drives.

Indeed there are several charitable organizations that do this, literally set up shop on the street and neuter the females. However despite their good intentions they barely scratch the surface of the problem.

too clever by far you are mate :):) :)

errrr...less dog poo?

Errrrrr yes, because they ate all the dogs.........good idea IMO. :hello09:

i do not think fleas are the major problem for them, mange is the the real problem-the no hair, blood etc etc

wormers are good idea, but can be a challenge because its a large size tablet and even if you put it into sausage, you find they leave it out, while the mange tabs are small in size, so they usually just eat it., also the mange tabs also are heart wormer and tick killer,

You can buy 20 ml phials of something like Ivomec or Flubinol at the farm shop near Naklua Market for about 30 Baht.

Inject it if you want/can, but it works just as well if you just carefully take off the cap and pour it into the nape of their necks.

Good for all worms, mange mites and ticks............may not be good for you so wear gloves.

You can buy 20 ml phials of something like Ivomec or Flubinol at the farm shop near Naklua Market for about 30 Baht.

Inject it if you want/can, but it works just as well if you just carefully take off the cap and pour it into the nape of their necks.

Good for all worms, mange mites and ticks............may not be good for you so wear gloves.

Ivormecine -100 baht for pack of 10 tabs, tiny in size, just put 1-2 tabs into a piece of meat or sausage and throw it to them, no need to worry about being beaten(as no way of knowing how dog will react if you try to touch it, especially the one who is covered with bloody scratches)

This tabs available for 100 baht from the Buakhao market on Tue and Fri, i am sure also available from other markets for the same price. Though does cost almost double from the vets or pet shops. This are 4000ml(i think thats the concentrate), better give 2 every 2-3 week to seriously infected dogs, once skin clears up, cut back to 1 per month.

Though can not be given to border collies or any from the same family, as for some reason it kills them

I give any leftover food to the pack that lives outside my apartment. Might stop them from attacking me when I return home late at night.

I give any leftover food to the pack that lives outside my apartment. Might stop them from attacking me when I return home late at night.

Or make them more likely to attack because they think you have food?

Personally I would round up the lot and send them to Bantharae in Sakon Nakhon from there they usually end up in some restaurant in Vietnam.

Personally I would round up the lot and send them to Bantharae in Sakon Nakhon from there they usually end up in some restaurant in Vietnam.

are not you just a great addition to Thailand?!

I have no affection for Thailand's soi dogs, to me they're just vermin like the rats and cockroaches that live in the sewers. In fact ending up in a Vietnamese restaurant is too good for the majority of the filthy bastard things.

Quite right, nothing but a f***ing nuisance, along with all the so called 'cared for' dogs that are simply allowed to walk around freely.

Get rid of the lot I say.

are not you just a great addition to Thailand?!

Depends what way you are looking at things? But I dare say if you had a 4 year old daughter that was attacked by 2 stray dogs just over a year ago and injured quite badly, and is now terrified to walk around outside anywhere. Your thoughts would probably concur with my own.

In my mind, any dog that is not cared for responsibly should be rounded up and destroyed, be it in Thailand or anywhere else.

If it wasn't for a certain person (not PHL) declaring his love of dogs, I think there might be more control.

There are quite a lot of problem dogs disposed of on the quiet IME. It isn't difficult to obtain a 'remedy'.

Vets will not put dogs down as long as they think they can extract Baht from the owner, even when they are terminally ill and suffering (I mean the dog lol).

Nice read. (the entire thread)

Seen lots of threads and news stories similar to this.

I've often thought that the whole thing could very nicely be applied to humans as well.

Sure would make all the other critters feel more comfortable.