IGNORED

betting online

ivan77

I'm guessing if you live in thailand fulltime theres nothing stoping you from betting online with a uk bookies like ladbrokes who allow residents of thailand to have accounts, they even have accounts in baht. Someone told me betting is illegal in thailand but if the bookies is in the uk the money is in the uk is it really going to matter, no one would even no. But i find it hard to believe betting online in an offshore bookies is illegal.

Any thoughts

i have an account with Bet 365 and have placed bets on the football from Pattaya no problems. unless the BiB are in the internet cafe watching they can't possibly know you are gambling.

Stevie

You're fine. You're a foreigner. You're using a foreign site. You're using foreign money.

Thai law enforcement doesn't care to make it a priority. That said, they do shut down a lot of Thai gambling around soccer season/etc.

Of course if you don't keep your month shut, you might find the trouble you are looking for.

I'm guessing if you live in thailand fulltime theres nothing stoping you from betting online with a uk bookies like ladbrokes who allow residents of thailand to have accounts, they even have accounts in baht. Someone told me betting is illegal in thailand but if the bookies is in the uk the money is in the uk is it really going to matter, no one would even no. But i find it hard to believe betting online in an offshore bookies is illegal.

Any thoughts

Betting is illegal in Thailand ?

So is prostitution.

I think the law treats them both the same.

With prostitution it's the girls that fuck you over.

With betting it's the bookies that fuck you over.

Same, same, money is still gone.

When Thais get caught gambling they get away with a 500 to 1000 thb fine and can go home again...

same as sometimes police takes motorbikes that are parked in places where they can't park bikes....pay a fine and you can park the bike on the same place again after a few hours....

Same as the coconut bar girls....sometimes the police come to take them from beachroad police station....they will be fined....and will get released the in a few hours so they can go back to their spot....working for the 1000 thb the police just took...

Rules in Thailand are as joke...and i am Thai!!...

Only one rule, stay away from hard drugs for the rest....we'll get a deal. :GoldenSmile1:

Dont want to be a wet blanket here guys ...but I also dont want to see anyone getting banned for not knowing the rules :

9. Gambling or discussion about gambling is not permitted.

:68:

Added : Of course if any of the Admin think im out of line here then Sorry and please delete.

Edited by Gixxer

None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the 5" tall space aliens that live under my desk. In return for these ideas I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there

.http://www.shakegirl.com/

Lucky us the Pattaya Addicts moderaters are reasonable....not the same as some FU.. moderators of Thaivisa, that just ban you if they think they are right!!!!

Long Live Pattaya Addicts :Help_Wanted: