Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Facebook Login Problem

player

Can someone tell me what to do?

The steps I take are

1. Enter username and password and press 'login.'

2. I get a page saying "security check" which requests my phone number

3. I enter my phone number, and get a message saying a text "confirmation check" will be sent to me.

4. I get the text message on my mobile phone.

5. There is [Thai script] followed by the words "Facebook Security," then [Thai script] then the letter 'F,' some more

[Thai script], then a 5 digit number (42665, in my case), [Thai Script], the word 'Code,' then [Thai script], the number 9, [Thai Script], the number 7, [Thai script], and that's it.

6. Then there is a box on the screen where it says to enter the "Code," so I do, and the next screen says

"invalid code." Then I try putting the 'F' in front of the code, i.e. F42665, and it also says 'invalid code.'

I took my laptop and the instructions on the mobile to a Thai person who can read what to do, and she couldn't figure it out.

Does anyone out there know what to do??? Has anyone else had this problem?

I tried to set up my account again, using the same info- name, D.O.B., password, etc, but not surprisingly it said it looks like there's already an account with that info in existence....

So, I can't get into FB. Help!!!!! Please!!!!

Try putting the whole message into google translate and see if that comes up with anything.

Try putting the whole message into google translate and see if that comes up with anything.

Why?

Why?

So you can see what the Thai script says yourself!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

If you can't copy and paste from your phone get the Thai person to type it into google for you or simply tell you what it says?

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

It’s a SCAM by Facebook. The Thai text “คุณต้องการสมัครใช้ facebook security พิมพ์ F ส่งมาที่ 42665 เพึ่อขอรับ Code, ค่าบริการสัปดาห์ละ 9 บาท ใช้งานฟรี 7 วัน” says that you have to SMS an “F” to Facebook’s short number 42665 AND that they are going to charge you 9 baht every 7 days.

If you can't copy and paste from your phone get the Thai person to type it into google for you or simply tell you what it says?

From some mobiles you can e-mail SMSs as attachments and on some mobiles you can copy SMSs to your memory card and from your memory card to your PC. I guess you can also transfer over Bluetooth. If the results are the hexadecimal UTF-8 values, you have to convert them to Thai characters. UTF-8 codes for Thai characters are 3 bytes long (E0B8xx and E0B9xx).

It’s a SCAM by Facebook. The Thai text “คุณต้องการสมัครใช้ facebook security พิมพ์ F ส่งมาที่ 42665 เพึ่อขอรับ Code, ค่าบริการสัปดาห์ละ 9 บาท ใช้งานฟรี 7 วัน” says that you have to SMS an “F” to Facebook’s short number 42665 AND that they are going to charge you 9 baht every 7 days.

I got the same Thai SMS. These are the screen captures of the successive Facebook screens:

Facebook1.jpg

Facebook2.jpg

Facebook3.jpg

Facebook4.jpg