IGNORED

Need Tourist or non B visa Mynamar

I Love You Longtime

Looking to go to mynamar over songkran with gf also can somebody please tell me the dates for songkran this year in Pattaya?

was going to go to Cambodia but been there loads of times now, so think i will go to Mynamar for a change.

So can and where can i obtain a visa? we will be flying into the city also if someone can recommend some accomodation would be much appreciated. thanks

Also has anyone ever got Tourist Visa or a non B visa from here.

Thanks in advance

in 2010 i got my burma visa in Sathorn Rd. in BKK, they only give you 28 days, no extensions possible unless they changed the rules and no visa on arrival.

it's a nice and bizarre place, looking more like India than SE asia actually, you will either love it or hate it.

accomodations are rough apart in the best hotels.

no foreign ATMs ! you need brand new dollars, i got mine in Silom,BKK.

Went to a travel agency on soi 8 for visa $75 for 1 person.

For hotel a guy outside the airport helped me, he also helped me exchange money and book flight to Mandalay. For hardly anything.

Bring plenty of US 1 dollar bills the people really like them. Also bring your money in US if you can.

No tears theywill even turn it down for wrinkles. No CB series 100's, cb being the first letters of the serial number.

Good luck

Edited by Anokanite

Shit i didn't even know you had to apply for visa before you went no wonder the airfares are cheap at 3000 baht.

But i am wanting to travel there and obtain a visa to get back into Thailand for as long as possible can this be done?

for the visa it's easy, just go in Sathorn at the burmese embassy or pay an agency, i think i paid 25 or 30 euro in 2010.

as far as i know there's NO thai embassy in burma.

There is a Royal Thai Embassy at

No.94, Pyay Road,

Dagon Township Yangon

Union of Myanmar

Tel. (951) 222-784,226-721,226-728

Satellite Phone : (02)354-6200,(02)354-6201

Fax. (951) 221-713

Satellite Fax : (02)3546198

Email. [email protected]

You don't need a visa to get back into Thailand. At least that's what they told me in 2006.

There is a Royal Thai Embassy at

No.94, Pyay Road,

Dagon Township Yangon

Union of Myanmar

Tel. (951) 222-784,226-721,226-728

Satellite Phone : (02)354-6200,(02)354-6201

Fax. (951) 221-713

Satellite Fax : (02)3546198

Email. [email protected]

Cheers for that mate.

You don't need a visa to get back into Thailand. At least that's what they told me in 2006.

No you don't as you would get 30 days but i am looking for a 1 year non B ideally then apply for work permit, if not i want a 60 day tourist visa which is good for 90 days. Thanks any info would be great.

Cheers for that mate.

No you don't as you would get 30 days but i am looking for a 1 year non B ideally then apply for work permit, if not i want a 60 day tourist visa which is good for 90 days. Thanks any info would be great.

You probably need some documentation in order to get the non-imm B for working. I got no idea how strict the Thai Emm is at Yangoon, but I know at other Emms/consulates this is how it goes. So if you have a job already, or one lined up, then get an official letter stating this.

You probably need some documentation in order to get the non-imm B for working. I got no idea how strict the Thai Emm is at Yangoon, but I know at other Emms/consulates this is how it goes. So if you have a job already, or one lined up, then get an official letter stating this.

Yes mate according to the website i need quite a bit of documentation and letter from my prospective employer.

If you require non-imm B then at min you will have to open your own thai company with 2 mil bht

capital and then you can be eligible to sponsor yourself for work permit for an year. Lots of

paper work involved and you may like to appoint a lawyer for this.

Much simpler to take Non-Imm O from your own country, then get it converted for a

"consideration" at Jomtien to Non Imm B.

If you require non-imm B then at min you will have to open your own thai company with 2 mil bht

capital and then you can be eligible to sponsor yourself for work permit for an year. Lots of

paper work involved and you may like to appoint a lawyer for this.

Much simpler to take Non-Imm O from your own country, then get it converted for a

"consideration" at Jomtien to Non Imm B.

This class of visa seems to be much more difficult to obtain now. Usually a man needs to be legally married to a Thai woman to get one outside the country. I got one inside Thailand but paid quite a bit to get it.

You should really really dig into the current requirements of the non b visa before you go. When I was getting my work permit, I flew to Penang to get my B visa with a pile of paper from my company. They would not give it to me because they needed a letter from the labor department confirming my employment. The labor department will not give a letter unless you have the non imm b visa. Wasted trip for me. Get a lawyer or visa agent to help you sort it out. My experience was only 4 months ago.

You should really really dig into the current requirements of the non b visa before you go. When I was getting my work permit, I flew to Penang to get my B visa with a pile of paper from my company. They would not give it to me because they needed a letter from the labor department confirming my employment. The labor department will not give a letter unless you have the non imm b visa. Wasted trip for me. Get a lawyer or visa agent to help you sort it out. My experience was only 4 months ago.

Sound advice, as all these visa regulations seem to get tighter by the year it makes sense to pay a professional to sort your shit out.

• 3 weeks later...

There is an agent on Soi 6 Queen vic pub she said get all the paper work together and she will check it thinking of going to Loas now.