tarave

International schools typically follow the calander of the curriculum they teach. It is British curriculum, so follows the typical Aug-June school schedule.

International schools typically follow the calander of the curriculum they teach. It is British curriculum, so follows the typical Aug-June school schedule.

British curriculum. You'll have to adjust your pronunciation of some words or you'll confuse students. Like it's tomarto not tomayto...lol

Sorry should have made clear. 60k salaries are quite normal in the International Schools but they usually employ FULLY qualified teachers (not always). By "fully" I mean have a B.Ed or at least a degree in the relevant topic i.e. Chemistry (+ TEFL etc) to teach Chemistry.

It is quite correct that 30k would be more "normal" (and even less in government schools) but there is a world of difference between the International Schools and "good private schools" (such as Assumption for example, whcih is NOT an Int' School).

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Sorry should have made clear. 60k salaries are quite normal in the International Schools but they usually employ FULLY qualified teachers (not always). By "fully" I mean have a B.Ed or at least a degree in the relevant topic i.e. Chemistry (+ TEFL etc) to teach Chemistry.

It is quite correct that 30k would be more "normal" (and even less in government schools) but there is a world of difference between the International Schools and "good private schools" (such as Assumption for example, whcih is NOT an Int' School).

Assumption Sri Racha offered me a teaching position a few years ago, 38,000 Bt a month. Certainly better than the usual 30K offered by Thai Gov schools (and many private schools) but not up to the international schools. I also taught at a couple of bilingual colleges, and they paid around 35K. Teaching salaries are terrible in Thailand. Today the majority still offer about 30K a month, but they been offering that for near on 20 years now. I was getting 40K back in the 1990s when gas was 15Bt a litre and bungalows at Samui were 100Bt a night. It's always amused me how at interviews they offer me 30K a month and I say that's not enough and the Thais say I can live OK on that, rent an AC room and eat in the market, 30K a month is heaps. Yet according to immigration a farang needs 80K a month to survive in Thailand.

• 3 months later...

I leave in a month! Any last minute advice of what I should bring with me? (sunscreen, bug spray, bedding? etc...)

Thanks so much, can't wait!!