Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

tarave

Hello! I am moving to Ban Chang in a few months and looking for some advice of what to bring (...not to bring) and some of the things to look forward to! I have been to southern Thailand, and have experience living abroad, in Shanghai China. I am aware of culture shock and all that good stuff.

Are there any local Gyms around, or yoga studios? I know it will just be hot and humid and rainy, so exercising outdoors may be tricky. I will be working at one of the International schools and very much looking forward to the transition. I also will be bringing my dog, so any suggestions as far as that goes would be very welcome as well!

Have you looked into everything with reference to bring your dog? Will you be able to bring the dog back to the states?

Edited by Pile

Hello! I am moving to Ban Chang in a few months and looking for some advice of what to bring (...not to bring) and some of the things to look forward to! I have been to southern Thailand, and have experience living abroad, in Shanghai China. I am aware of culture shock and all that good stuff.

Are there any local gyms around, or yoga studios? I know it will just be hot and humid and rainy, so exercising outdoors may be tricky. I will be working at one of the International schools and very much looking forward to the transition. I also will be bringing my dog, so any suggestions as far as that goes would be very welcome as well!

You really bringing your dog from USA? I'm not too sure if that's a good idea or not. You'd need to make sure your dog is kept securely & safely while you're at work all day. If dog gets out into crazy Thai traffic it'll get hit. Plus there's lots of filthy shit and baits lying around that dog could eat. Thais often throw baits down if any dogs are annoying them. Plus being hot all day you'll need to be sure dog is comfortable, cool, has plenty of water while you're away all day. Then if dog socializes with local dogs at all there are diseases, mange for one. As I say I'm not sure, maybe OK maybe not. I just want to alert you to a few issues....

Thanks for the insight, I have been researching it and it will be okay. Definitely nice to have her as I will be there for over a year. She will stay inside while at work, making sure there is air conditioning will be necessary, and I will have her on leash when walking around outside unless there is a gated yard. I have been in touch with some people who have brought there dogs in and out of Thailand and the actual process of it sounds simple and easy.

Good luck mate, looks as though you have done your research, you'll be fine, enjoy!

Do you know where you'll be living yet? If you rent a house with it's own elect meter and get bills directly from the elect department then the rate is cheap. However, if you rent a flat, apartment, condo, or room then the owner will be working out your elect bills and charging you a much higher rate. Owners make extra income this way with their rental properties, so if you're leaving the AC on all day every day for the dog you'll be facing some horrific bills.

Just another thing to be aware of in advance.

Hello! I am moving to Ban Chang in a few months

I am curious as to why you chose Bang Chang instead of Pattaya.

I am curious as to why you chose Bang Chang instead of Pattaya.

. I didn't choose Ban Chang as it chose me....was offered a teaching position at one of the International schools. Applied at a few in the area though (including Pattaya). I am looking forward to the more chill lifestyle though, was in Shanghai previously which was great, but got a bit crazy ;-)

. I didn't choose Ban Chang as it chose me....was offered a teaching position at one of the International schools. Applied at a few in the area though (including Pattaya). I am looking forward to the more chill lifestyle though, was in Shanghai previously which was great, but got a bit crazy ;-)

How much are they paying teachers in these schools, if you don't mind me asking?

A USA dog !!! He is lucky, loads of beautiful Thai Bitches for free.... :D

A USA dog !!! He is lucky, loads of beautiful Thai Bitches for free.... :D

I think USA dog is a bitch. So probably OP doesn't want those filthy Thai mongrels humping her...lol

How much are they paying teachers in these schools, if you don't mind me asking?

i am getting just under 60,000+ housing and flight. What I understand that will go pretty far there- thoughts? And yes, USA dog is a bitch :-)

i am getting just under 60,000+ housing and flight. What I understand that will go pretty far there- thoughts? And yes, USA dog is a bitch :-)

Good luck to you mate, that's a very good salary. The average teacher in a Thai high school gets about half that and no accommodation or airfare included. So you're doing well. If you don't allow a Thai girl to attach herself to you and siphon off your money you should be able to save most of that. I live alone and could bank half that salary monthly, $USD 1,000 a month, you could have $12K at the end of your contract.

Send me a pm when you get here.

Who is fit to govern others?

He who governs himself. ?

You might as well have said: nobody.

60 plus housing sounds better than what the usual English teacher makes. What are you teaching? Also, does your housing have air con or only the ceiling fan most Thais have?

Can anyone in Ban Chang recommend a condo/villa/ser.aptt owner who rents out short term (daily/weekly/monthly).

Must be fully furnished of course.Do not look at hotels as a rule.

Checked in the board but found little info. Tks.

Trying to find the number for you mate, I lived there for a year, great place, he's a member on here but I can't find him, apartments 1 bedroom with everything , air ,tv bed ,sofa all that shit 4,500 a month

Thanks. If you can find the contact please pm. Would be interested in one yr rental.

Its a great place to live, more bars will be arriving!

Yes, there are some Gyms around.

hi

if you have a facebook account contact Mark from

Mambeerbar Ban Chang (Mam Beer Bar)

he will help you out

[b][size=3]The Drunken Duck - The place to stay in Soi LK Metro[/size][/b]

60 plus housing sounds better than what the usual English teacher makes. What are you teaching? Also, does your housing have air con or only the ceiling fan most Thais have?

He did say one of the International Schools so in Ban Chang that means St Andrews or Garden. 60,000 is average start salary at these schools but they only take properly qualified teachers.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

He did say one of the International Schools so in Ban Chang that means St Andrews or Garden. 60,000 is average start salary at these schools but they only take properly qualified teachers.

I assume you mean qualified to teach English. The word is that such teachers make about 30,000, so he must have exceptional qualifications if he's making twice that amount.

I assume you mean qualified to teach English. The word is that such teachers make about 30,000, so he must have exceptional qualifications if he's making twice that amount.

Teachers do make an average of 30K THB a month in regular Thai schools and Language Centers. The qualifications are not too high for those positions and any degree or a TEFL certifcate will suffice, sometimes just being a native English speaker will get you a job. The International Schools pay approx double the salary the regular schools offer but naturally requirments are higher. They usually only take fully qualified teachers who hold a teaching degree from a university in their home country.

Correct, I am fully qualified in USA with Bachelor's degree and teaching at the Primary level, so not specifically English. Can't wait to get over there, 5 months to go!

Correct, I am fully qualified in USA with Bachelor's degree and teaching at the Primary level, so not specifically English. Can't wait to get over there, 5 months to go!

You'll probably be teaching other subjects, not just English, but of course teaching in English. How come you're starting in September, joining them for the second semester? Or do they follow a different academic calendar to the rest of Thailand?