IGNORED

30 Visa and Overstay Question

Keen Punter

I am flying into Thailand landing on the 2nd May. I don't depart till the 1st June which is 31 days.

What is the best thing to do ?

Get a visa in advance or overstay and pay a fine when I am departing.

Thanks for your help in advance.

31 days is fine, 1 day extra is free, 2 days is 500 baht, 3 days 1000 baht..etc

just play dumb, you will be fine

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

you can pay at the airport 500bt per day. my friend did it last month.2 days over & he had to pay 1000bt.

Edited by flynn

Dodgy one this as you could and I say could have your card marked as an overstayer and next time you come the Computer draws attention to this thus then causing problems Oops !!

Being realistic unlikely to happen but it has before

So what to do well maybe a quick trip out of Thailand if you can afford it and hey presto problem solved

Pay for extension and go down the 60 day thing or just hope all works out

If it were me I would cover my Ass

I have done three times... One day extra, Free but if more than one day pay 500 bt daily.... Dont worry..

I overstayed two days on a recent trip and paid 1,000 baht fine on departure.

Passport was stamped detailing overstay.

Returned to Thailand several times since without problems.

Probably safer to get an extension from immigration at Jomtien, from memory 1,900 baht for additional seven days.

Dodgy one this as you could and I say could have your card marked as an overstayer and next time you come the Computer draws attention to this thus then causing problems Oops !!

Being realistic unlikely to happen but it has before

So what to do well maybe a quick trip out of Thailand if you can afford it and hey presto problem solved

Pay for extension and go down the 60 day thing or just hope all works out

If it were me I would cover my Ass

Right on. IMO it's foolish to consider overstay as an option. I'd only overstay if circumstances were totally out of my control, like an accident. Why not make a short trip to Cambo, come back in with 15 days to cover you past your departure date? Better still plan a couple days in Cambo, go see the marvelous Angkor temples at Siem Reap.

you dont need to go to cambo http://www.1stclassv...s.com/index.htm will do a visa extension for you about 1200 bht I think drop it of with a photo pick it up the next day

Have to give this some serious thought.

It's illegal for someone else to get your visa extension by doing the visa run for you, even though it's commonly advertised in Patts.

Would you be comfortable giving your passport to a stranger and risking not being allowed back into Thailand at a future date ?

Alternatively, if you do the visa run to Cambodia with them it will cost you 2,500 baht plus you will lose 6 or 7 hours of your time.

This will give you another 15 days.

If you don't want this long, then get an extension from Immigration at Jomtien - 1,900 baht for 7 days.

Not to much to worry about as earlier posts have advised,

Not to sure if it will be recorded as an over stay in thailands immigation records, but easy to just apply for an extension over at jomtien.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

Agree extension or short side trip but don't use overstay. There's always the possibility of having passport checked before getting to the immigration counter to pay the overstay penalty. If that happens it's "go to jail, go directly to jail, do not pass go..."

I've googled around and I can get a Tourist Visa from the Thai UK consulate for £35. This surely is the safest option.

Yes indeed, way to go, play it safe, don't ever give the Thais any excuse to ream your ass...

if you have time just get it before you go they told me in hull up to six weeks but was back within a week .as you say not worth chancing it if you were to be syoped for any reason ON YOUR LAST DAY YOU WOULD BE NICKED, IMPISONED AND AND THEN DEPORTED

A Thai girls arsehole is just like a 9 volt battery you know you shouldn't but sooner or later you will put your tounge in it

if you have time just get it before you go they told me in hull up to six weeks but was back within a week .as you say not worth chancing it if you were to be syoped for any reason ON YOUR LAST DAY YOU WOULD BE NICKED, IMPISONED AND AND THEN DEPORTED

Correct, and that's why I can never understand why people deliberately factor overstay into their travelt plans - DUMB. DUMB. DUMB.

I overstayed two days on a recent trip and paid 1,000 baht fine on departure.

This is correct! For one day there is no fine but if you stay 2 they hit you for the first day, ie one day free, two days 1000B then 500B for each additional day. Never a good idea to plan to over-stay.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Probably safer to get an extension from immigration at Jomtien, from memory 1,900 baht for additional seven days.

If you are on a 30 day visa waiver, I don't think you can get an extension. That is only an option if you have a visa already.

If you are on a 30 day visa waiver, I don't think you can get an extension. That is only an option if you have a visa already.

You can apply for an extra 7 days.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

You can apply for an extra 7 days.

Just to add that they will usually ask for proof you are leaving (flight tickets, etc..) before giving the 7 extra days.

Just to add that they will usually ask for proof you are leaving (flight tickets, etc..) before giving the 7 extra days.

Also, some airlines can be a pain about letting you on a flight to Thailand without a visa if you don't have a return or onward ticket within the 30 days.

What a great service.

Posted it on Thurs Special Delivery, it was returned today with a 60 day Tourist Visa.

Cost £25 for the Visa + £10 for the special delivery return.

No worries in Thailand now and no pissing about going to immigration for an extension or risk overpaying.

What a great service.

Posted it on Thurs Special Delivery, it was returned today with a 60 day Tourist Visa.

Cost £25 for the Visa + £10 for the special delivery return.

No worries in Thailand now and no pissing about going to immigration for an extension or risk overpaying.

wise man