IGNORED

Russians overtaken Phuket and behaving bad or?

Fancy having a sign "All Russians Are Prohibited" written in English.

How the hell are the Ruskies going to read that????

F*ck Sake, has anyone actually got anything BAD to report? Apart from getting short shrifted in the cue at 7/11?.

Like a bunch of Russkies negotiating for a TG to come back to the loom then gang banging her?

Or any violence at all?

Get a grip.

I was in Patong for a week in July. I did notice a few more Russians than last time I had visited (3 years ago), but far from being overrun by them. Aussies seemed the main tourists from what I could tell.

Anyway didn't notice or hear about any bad behaviour. Having travelled to Russia the people are naturally serious, and can be blunt (to the point), it may be a throw back to communism but service is terrible, you never get a smile from anyone serving you, I learnt the word Nuet "No" very quickly. There mannar can come across as rude although for them they may just say they are being direct and to the point.

As some have said many are first time travellers and not used tohow to behave when overseas.

And now that I'm warming to the subject (rant), has anyone ever seen a story regarding a Russian person running drugs, hookers, dodgy card games, bootlegging, gold scams, paedophilia, or ANY other questionable behaviour (apart from the aforementioned que jumping at the 7/11) in the Local Rag?

Surprised they let us ogle their Girls in the face of this Expat-centric discussion.

"they let us ogle their Girls"

Very good point, this is one thing I love about the Russian guys, they bring their sexy girls with them to Pattaya (talk about bringing sand to the beach).

"they let us ogle their Girls"

Very good point, this is one thing I love about the Russian guys, they bring their sexy girls with them to Pattaya (talk about bringing sand to the beach).

And a special kind of sand it is too.

There's no denying it, these Women are Hot, so where is the Russki- phobia coming from?

YANKS are known to be obnoxius (see how easy it is to flame another country)

my best pal in los is american and he's the nicest most chilled fella you could meet, i've bumped into a couple of other polite americans too but have also met the USA chanting lot they're fun for 5 minutes then get annoying...'spose same as any drunk

Not 'everywhere'. It's on a beach & there is a sign in Thai above it. :LOL2:

I wonder why the sign is in English? The Russians wouldn't be able to read it. :Think1:

i'll bet that's been put up by a farang...just the same as the famous sign in pattaya about arabs," we don't want to confuse your religeous beliefs so don't drink our beer or grope our women"...no way that was wrote by a thai

its just small minded farang feeling threatened

i've spoke with a couple of russians in los, 1 was a married couple at pattaya tower, nice couple and friendly...bumped into a drunk russian ejit on walking street/lucifers and he wanted to fight, i touched him on the shoulder to tell him to relax and he started mouthing off, i nearly bit but walked off...heard later he had followed me but guess he had second thoughts when he saw i was with a group of thai's

..you get ejits of all nationalities in pattaya

• 2 months later...

In Samui yesterday Russian fella walking along with his sexy Gf with what could only be called the shortest tightest shorts I've ever seen, they were obscene for a high street, if I see her again I'll post a photo here/

:GoldenSmile1:

• 1 year later...

Spent a week at Nai Harn beach over Chinese New Year and the place was full of Russians. Mainly families and honeymoon types. Some decidedly hot women wearing very little on the beach.

Didn't see any trouble, but did notice that a lot of Thais seem to be learning at least some Russian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw plenty of Russians when I there a few weeks ago. The plane over from BKK was literally all Russians on board! Didn't notice it so much in Patong as Patong is a mixed bag but I did a few days out to Karon and Kata and the beaches there were full of them. Didn't come across anything I would class as behaving badly tbh.. 

Karon beach is full of very hot looking russian girls. Definately worth a motorbike ride, and swim at the beach

12 Pints in Know it all

Archived