IGNORED

The Golf Club LK Metro

my mate from uk told me this week that he had the fillet steak there and it was the best he'd had in thailand .he is going back to uk on sat and is going to the golf club again for his last meal tomorrow night

any holes a goal

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sitting at Golf Club now after finishing a good breakfast. Over the past month ive eaten here several times and have to say it has always been consistently good quality, the owner is very friendly, and the waitresses even get my order additions/extras correct!

This type of consistency is very rare in pattaya, so i felt compelled to come make this post about it. Usually i prefer places with aircon, but golf club is one of the few places im willing to sit open air just to support their good efforts.

Just visited the Golf Club after reading this thread... and it was excellent.

It's a weds so its one of their BBQ nights where the chef is out front working the Weber grill.

I had the rack of ribs, along with fries and corn on the cob (295 baht). Everything was verrrry good. The ribs especially!

As for staff attitude, they were quick and courteous. When finishing up my dinner the owner must have noticed I was a new face and came over to introduce himself, asked how my meal was, and made some small talk.

I'm not a golf fan at all so I don't have much to talk about with the regulars, but that won't stop me from going back soon.... great food and great attitude.

Don't need to be a golf fan to enjoy the place.One of the owners is a Bruins fan,and will gladly talk hockey or football.We are there watching English football on Saturday nights.And I will never forgot where I was when Crosby scored to win Gold.At The Golf Club with the whole of LK Metro dark and quiet.Will never forget that.

It's our place when we are there.My missus loves it and the lad always gets hugs from all the girls when he is there.Some of girls can be grumpy,but fuck me,you get more than one girl in one place at anytime,and one of them is gonna get pissy at some point.

I urge anyone to find a better deal than that fuckin pork chop that they serve on BBQ nights.I reckon I might have had close to a hundred of those bastards,and they get better every time.

Anyways,the guys are friends of ours and when they started it,LK Metro Didnt even have agogo bar on it.They just wanted a place to Golf out of and have some good food and drink.I think they have done well to last as long as they have.

Don't need to be a golf fan to enjoy the place.One of the owners is a Bruins fan,and will gladly talk hockey or football.We are there watching English football on Saturday nights.And I will never forgot where I was when Crosby scored to win Gold.At The Golf Club with the whole of LK Metro dark and quiet.Will never forget that.

It's our place when we are there.My missus loves it and the lad always gets hugs from all the girls when he is there.Some of girls can be grumpy,but fuck me,you get more than one girl in one place at anytime,and one of them is gonna get pissy at some point.

I urge anyone to find a better deal than that fuckin pork chop that they serve on BBQ nights.I reckon I might have had close to a hundred of those bastards,and they get better every time.

Anyways,the guys are friends of ours and when they started it,LK Metro Didnt even have agogo bar on it.They just wanted a place to Golf out of and have some good food and drink.I think they have done well to last as long as they have.

Agree with all you say, Been using the place for breakfasts lately and it's been superb everytime, long may it continue.

What time does it open for breakfast? It is a good spot for certain

I think around 7 AM.  There is a night shift there all night but early AM she is usually asleep and I will vouch for her attitude being really bad.  As a regular, who is friends with all the owners, I STILL almost have to beg for a cup of coffee if I show up before the cooks and morning staff.

And I agree with the above.  The pork chop dinner on BBQ night is excellent and great value.

I have had breakfast in there several times and gone out of my way to do so. i never notice the alleged attitude of the staff other than it being positive. I complained about my coffee and they sorted and apologised and give me a free one.

what i did notice was a bunch of wankers masquerading themselves as regular customers who incessantly took the piss out of many of the people walking past (sorry to say they were all americans making the comments but im sure brits do the same) . these were not jack the lad types they were guys in there 50's and 60's who did not have a nice word to say about anybody . Of particular joy to them was ragging on about guys walking past with TG'S who were older than their personal taste and when a young guy walked past with a thai wife and family pushing a buggy they had a field day sniping. As the guy was on his way and after he walked past (strangely silent when within earshot) .

Im about as dry or sarcastic as you can get but for heavens sake you miserable old bastards if you have got nothing better to say shut the fuck up and let people enjoy there life and me my food.

rant over and finished breath deeply etc.

Marit

I'm not much of a breakfast (I get a BLT sandwich for BF) guy but I do like to stop in for the morning NFL when I'm in Pattaya.

Also stop by for lunch every so often. One word of warning is in the afternoon when when a golf tour gets in the place can go from quiet and relaxed to busy and noisy in an instant.

I have had breakfast in there several times and gone out of my way to do so. i never notice the alleged attitude of the staff other than it being positive. I complained about my coffee and they sorted and apologised and give me a free one.

what i did notice was a bunch of wankers masquerading themselves as regular customers who incessantly took the piss out of many of the people walking past (sorry to say they were all americans making the comments but im sure brits do the same) . these were not jack the lad types they were guys in there 50's and 60's who did not have a nice word to say about anybody . Of particular joy to them was ragging on about guys walking past with TG'S who were older than their personal taste and when a young guy walked past with a thai wife and family pushing a buggy they had a field day sniping. As the guy was on his way and after he walked past (strangely silent when within earshot) .

Im about as dry or sarcastic as you can get but for heavens sake you miserable old bastards if you have got nothing better to say shut the fuck up and let people enjoy there life and me my food.

rant over and finished breath deeply etc.

I've been a breakfast regular the Golf Club for a couple of years now, and cannot fault the food or, eventually, the friendliness and efficiency of the service.

A consistent issue however is like that outlined above by Maritwells. Some of the golfing regulars are a pain in the ass - talking loudly and rudely about passersby, smoking fat cigars and blowing the smoke straight back into the restaurant, reaching over customers who are eating, to take the golfing sign-up sheets without even an "excuse me"  and genrally acting as if they own the place.  Maybe the management needs to decide if it is a golf club or a restaurant.

Fantastic food though.

Can't fault the Golf Club at any level - it's our semi-official meeting point to start the day when our little Crew is all in town at the same time.

The food is excellent, the waitresses are an amusing little bunch once they've got to know your face a little, and it's right next to DD for some casual visual entertainment.

Yes, it does have its own little core of regulars, and like most venues the guys treat the place like a second home and act accordingly.  Even so, they're actually quite a friendly mob and will chip in on the conversations if they've got something useful to add.  I don't think that's any different from anywhere else in the world, where the regulars of a bar or cafe feel a little more entitled than casual visitors.

Favourite place for brunch to have a good feed, excellent coffee, and plan the day.  We'll be back there this May to resume the daily routine.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a breakfast regular the Golf Club for a couple of years now, and cannot fault the food or, eventually, the friendliness and efficiency of the service.

A consistent issue however is like that outlined above by Maritwells. Some of the golfing regulars are a pain in the ass - talking loudly and rudely about passersby, smoking fat cigars and blowing the smoke straight back into the restaurant, reaching over customers who are eating, to take the golfing sign-up sheets without even an "excuse me"  and genrally acting as if they own the place.  Maybe the management needs to decide if it is a golf club or a restaurant.

Fantastic food though.

+1 That's been my experience as well.

If you take a walk across the road to the Bar/Restaurant on the corner called Billabong you will have a Marvelous Assie Full Breakfast ,

A Big Mug of Tea or Coffee - Large Glass of Orange - Great tasting sausage - Perfectly cooked Fried Eggs - Tasty Tomatoes - Large portion of good Baked Beans - Bacon you can taste ( Not burnt ) Plus Hash Brown and Perfectly cooked TOAST.

Plus Friendly Service .

Followed by a small plate of Fruit.  ( Pineapple and Watermelon ) Total price is 100 Baht.

Sorry, I had breakfast at THE GOLF CLUB and and left most - wasn't impressed.

I have no connection with the Billabong.

Why would that particular owner complain about the PSC Handicaps, he is 1 of the greatest beneficiaries in town of the system?  I can recall mid - high single figures, now 14 !!  

The owner who was complaining/moaning about an “illegal driver” is part of the charm of the place; it is called The Golf Club. If you really want to see him go off, ask him about PSC Handicaps… turning the TV’s to wrestling; he is an ex NCAA and US Army champion wrestler; his bar his choice. It is owned primarily by Americans, the food and the sports on the TV reflect that. Who else in town is doing steaks out front on a Weber grill?

Like many of the posters before me, I've been a regular at the TGC for many years. I've met many friends out of there and to this day when I'm in town we always try and get a game in. Complain about John all you want, as mentioned before, his antics right or wrong are part of the charm.  He's going to voice his opinion if asked just like anyone else would. Steve and John McQ are awesome and will try and meet any request you might have.

You can marked me down as being a huge fan of their BBQ pork chops, the best I've tasted in town.

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Joy, I can see how she can rub people the wrong way.

I'm actually looking forward to stopping by there in about 60 days and challenging John to a few rounds.. 

-Aloha

Kalani

If can, can.. If no can, no can..

Why would that particular owner complain about the PSC Handicaps, he is 1 of the greatest beneficiaries in town of the system?  I can recall mid - high single figures, now 14 !!  

No kidding.Lol.Pretty tough 14.

Give me a break.  John is now a 14??????

Jeez.  I haven't a chance.  Now to expand the handicap debate I was on CONGU for years and have now been on USGA for several years.  Change to my handicap?  None.

I believe if people post all their scores the two systems will balance out long term.

Now back to Golf Club and tonights BBQ pork chop.   :GoldenSmile1:

Give me a break.  John is now a 14??????

Jeez.  I haven't a chance.  Now to expand the handicap debate I was on CONGU for years and have now been on USGA for several years.  Change to my handicap?  None.

I believe if people post all their scores the two systems will balance out long term.

Now back to Golf Club and tonights BBQ pork chop.   :GoldenSmile1:

Mmmmmmmmm pork chop.

It's the only farang food I like to eat in Patts. Last trip I'd order a big breakfast and a few iced coffees. Hang out with a friend and comment on the DD girls and their FB activities.

It's the only farang food I like to eat in Patts. Last trip I'd order a big breakfast and a few iced coffees. Hang out with a friend and comment on the DD girls and their FB activities.

Its good but hardly the only place to eat Farang food there are loads of places to try

• 3 weeks later...

Gave this place a try a few times for breakfast on my last last trip in March and was very impressed.  Had been sticking to my regular spots (PignWhistle; Stags Head, Sportsman  etc) but will certainly revisit on my way back...  Overall quality of the food and just a good place to hang out in the morning, read the paper, watch some sport after a late night was appreciated...

Just been in there this afternoon and had my usual eggs benedict which they do well there, as not many places in patts do this particular dish.

A quality place and well furnished bar so its run well and no probs with the staff, obviously with the name of the place its bound to be a bit "clicky" with its usual golfing guys there.

Only a few in there today and when a few US guys arrived and started talking loudly and put the hockey on the TV was time to check-bin lol!!!

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Just been in there this afternoon and had my usual eggs benedict which they do well there, as not many places in patts do this particular dish.A quality place and well furnished bar so its run well and no probs with the staff, obviously with the name of the place its bound to be a bit "clicky" with its usual golfing guys there.Only a few in there today and when a few US guys arrived and started talking loudly and put the hockey on the TV was time to check-bin lol!!!

Don't like hockey?lol.

Terrific food at the Golf Club, in fact just about the best farang food in Pattaya.

I hate the cliquey atmosphere though and the way every single loud-mouthed, cigar chomping tit stops and fucking stares when you walk in.

The food is too good to miss though, so I get myself decent air conned company at Metro Bar and they order the food in.

Great food, not enough tables and full of wankers about sums it up.

Terrific food at the Golf Club, in fact just about the best farang food in Pattaya.

I hate the cliquey atmosphere though and the way every single loud-mouthed, cigar chomping tit stops and fucking stares when you walk in.

The food is too good to miss though, so I get myself decent air conned company at Metro Bar and they order the food in.

I had to chuckle

they might be wankers, but id say it also takes an even bigger wanker to be scared off by a few stares and loudmouths, then come hurl insults in privacy

Archived