IGNORED

The Golf Club LK Metro

I have visited the Golf Club on several occasions I have given it the benefit of the doubt and even though I really enjoy the food the service is awful

There are so many girls in Thailand who smile at the drop of a hat - yet in the Golf Club the waitresses cannot muster a grin between them

I even noticed when you look for a wi-fi connection it is mentioned people naming and referring their wi-fi name to the unfriendly service

If anyone knows the bosses please please tell them to sort this out - its a great spot for people watching, the food is good its just the sour faced waitresses that spoil it

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have visited the Golf Club on several occasions I have given it the benefit of the doubt and even though I really enjoy the food the If anyone knows the bosses please please tell them to sort this out - its a great spot for people watching, the food is good its just the sour faced waitresses that spoil it

outside chairs are the best in town for viewing the DD girls right next door, didn't notice the service

Stevie

outside chairs are the best in town for viewing the DD girls right next door, didn't notice the service

When the best thing about the bar is not actually in the bar itself, question marks are raised.

I've never set foot in the place myself, and to be honest it's never looked like a pace that a) I want to go into and b) wants me to go into it

Damn bro sorry you had such bad service..I eat there a fair amount and never had bad service! Not great but not bad! and the breakfast is very good!

Yes the food is very good , but it would be nice to get a smile or two and there's no need to get downright rudeness , there's to many good places to eat they won't be getting my custom anytime soon

Seems to be a common complaint here in Pattaya, unless a farang mgr. is working/overseeing

the service staff. It is what it is, any more I just want my food served hot, and getting food for

2 or 4 poeple all at the same time is just way beyond most places.

I will give them a try next time I'm on LK but things like this don't usually change.

What time of the day or night was this ?

T I A

Mark

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

I am a regular at Golf Club. Here is my take on it:

The location is great. Middle of Soi LK Metro surrounded by eye candy and walk by entertainment.

Bar itself is as good as can be with the size they have. Some inside some outside. Seating is OK.

Drinks are reasonable and a decent selection.

Food is very good. The BBQ is top notch IMO.

Service is generally good. For ME it is always good. I'm a regular and they like me. But I see what goes on. In general orders are taken and filled well. If they were rude you should have asked for a manager. There is usually one about. Now if you also want a smile I can't comment on that. They have up days and down days and sometimes the place is very busy. But the smile is optional IMO. You get that with spending more than 5 minutes there and return business.

BTW, would you actually write to complain about a restaurant in England because the staff didn't give you a great big smile when you sat down on a busy night? If they came up to you and just asked what you wanted to order?

BTW, I used to feel the same way you do about the Sportsman on Soi 13. Great food/ambiance and location but the staff seemed distant. Now I am a regular. But if I go in at night which is NOT normal for me I still get that distance. But I get what I came for. Good food and setting. I'd complain only if the speed of service was bad or outright rude.

I ate in the Golf Club everyday in December 2011 (28 times) for breakfast and never encountered un-smiling waitresses. The food is excellent and the waitresses Joy and Meow who served me throughout the trip were always laughing and joking with me. Highly Recommended. :GoldenSmile1: The views of the Devils Den enhances the experience and aids the digestion. :Think1:

I worked in the catering world for 12 years man and boy - even owned our own restaurant - unless the staff in there have had a personality transplant we cannot be talking about the same people - I challenge anyone from here to take a look - now if you were staying there and saw them every day - perhaps they treated you differently - IMO - it should make no difference

Either way I will not be going there again unless there are staff changes - for those who get excellent service and smiles - good luck!

I worked in the catering world for 12 years man and boy - even owned our own restaurant - unless the staff in there have had a personality transplant we cannot be talking about the same people - I challenge anyone from here to take a look - now if you were staying there and saw them every day - perhaps they treated you differently - for those who get excellent service and smiles - good luck!

Sorry Socrates, i was not staying here as where i stay is about a 10 minute scooter ride away so i would hardly travel that distance for a bad service and food. :Think1: I also had breakfast quite a few times with another BM on here who also enjoyed the food and the "eye candy". :GoldenSmile1: I am sure that you have visted other establishments around Pattaya that i too had a different experience to yours but at the end of the day it is "up to you". Good luck

No offense Socrates but I still haven't heard about any BAD service. Only you don't like their lack of smiles or something. Not to put a fine line on it but that is a horseshit complaint to open a thread on the internet about.

DISCLAIMER - I have no personal interest in the place. No money or tilac working there. I do know the owners who started the place and consider them friends.

OK, please clarify for everyone reading this so they can decide for themselves if this is a legitimate complaint. Was the service slow? Was it actually rude in any way? Was the order not properly taken and filled?

Be honest. If your only complaint is lack of smiles and they didn't warm to you well OK, don't go back fair game if that is part of the dining experience you wish. Just tell the rest reading this if the service was fine excepting their "personality". Peapole make a living running places like this and others might not have the same issue.

No offense Socrates but I still haven't heard about any BAD service. Only you don't like their lack of smiles or something. Not to put a fine line on it but that is a horseshit complaint to open a thread on the internet about.

DISCLAIMER - I have no personal interest in the place. No money or tilac working there. I do know the owners who started the place and consider them friends.

OK, please clarify for everyone reading this so they can decide for themselves if this is a legitimate complaint. Was the service slow? Was it actually rude in any way? Was the order not properly taken and filled?

Be honest. If your only complaint is lack of smiles and they didn't warm to you well OK, don't go back fair game if that is part of the dining experience you wish. Just tell the rest reading this if the service was fine excepting their "personality". Peapole make a living running places like this and others might not have the same issue.

The service was unfriendly almost as if they are doing you a favour - if you think thats acceptable then - actually - 'up to you'

Furthermore stand outside the place and look for a wi-fi connection and see what is available - there are a few named after the unfriendly service etc - so its not just me

The service was unfriendly almost as if they are doing you a favour - if you think thats acceptable then - actually - 'up to you'

Furthermore stand outside the place and look for a wi-fi connection and see what is available - there are a few named after the unfriendly service etc - so its not just me

Fair enough. Just so we're being fair to Golf Club and the service is not friendly. It doesn't cross into rude or poor service.

As I said I used to feel that way about the staff in Sportsman on Soi 13. But it is so convenient for me for breakfast and the food was really good so I persevered. As time has gone by they have warmed a bit. Perhaps the staff at Golf Club is also cold at first. I'll never know first hand cause I'm a regular since they opened.

Odd that there would be Wi-Fi on the street with comments like that. I mean, hmmm, who would be operating these wi-fi? Where do you suppose they originate? I mean if it was an unhappy customer would he buy space on the street and install a wireless router and purchase internet access just to make this point? Perhaps one person nearby with a business is offering these? Consider the source.

I had some nice breakfasts at Golf club, both alone and with a 'friend'. Service was fine but ......

One day there was some American guy who spent nearly an hour complaining loudly to anyone that would listen about another players 'illegal driver'. Something to do with golf but after about 30 mins of this I did think FFS give it a break. He then changed the all the TV channels from the football to wrestling and continued to blah on and on about that. :Hair_Out1:

We just finished our breakfast and left. Went elsewhere after that.

It may have been the owner or a customer but it was really quite irritating.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

I will agree, they are weird. 90% of the time they are the most miserable set of staff I've come across. Then one day in 6-7, they are warm and welcoming. They have got slightly better with me as I've gone more over trips...

There's just one girl, young, tall, thick set that is always in a nice manner. The rest treat you like shit.

It's bearable for the quality of food they do, but quite a few times now I've put-off ordering that extra side, coffee, drink just because the staff are cold as F

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

Listen all I really want is someone who has the ear of the bosses to have a word - its a shame that a place like the Golf Club has such cold miserable unfriendly staff - as I said the place is fine BUT it is noticeable enough to be a problem

He will have read/will eventually read this,

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

If it is that bad and you enjoy eating there why not give them a nice big tip and the next time they see you they will be on their knees blowing you while you eat. Figuratively speaking of course.

I am a regular at Golf Club. Here is my take on it:

The location is great. Middle of Soi LK Metro surrounded by eye candy and walk by entertainment.

Bar itself is as good as can be with the size they have. Some inside some outside. Seating is OK.

Drinks are reasonable and a decent selection.

Food is very good. The BBQ is top notch IMO.

Service is generally good. For ME it is always good. I'm a regular and they like me. But I see what goes on. In general orders are taken and filled well. If they were rude you should have asked for a manager. There is usually one about. Now if you also want a smile I can't comment on that. They have up days and down days and sometimes the place is very busy. But the smile is optional IMO. You get that with spending more than 5 minutes there and return business.

BTW, would you actually write to complain about a restaurant in England because the staff didn't give you a great big smile when you sat down on a busy night? If they came up to you and just asked what you wanted to order?

BTW, I used to feel the same way you do about the Sportsman on Soi 13. Great food/ambiance and location but the staff seemed distant. Now I am a regular. But if I go in at night which is NOT normal for me I still get that distance. But I get what I came for. Good food and setting. I'd complain only if the speed of service was bad or outright rude.

I agree. I generally eat 1 or 2 meals a day there, also play golf out of there. I always get great service with a smile.

I like going there once or twice on every trip for steak night - that guy really knows how to prepare steaks.

To be honest I had never given their service staff any thoughts - good or bad - before I read this thread.

nice--%C3%A0-classe_medium.jpg

In Thailand money talks and I am all talk.

Maybe they should turn it into a GoGo? :hello09:

Listen all I really want is someone who has the ear of the bosses to have a word - its a shame that a place like the Golf Club has such cold miserable unfriendly staff - as I said the place is fine BUT it is noticeable enough to be a problem

OK. there are actually at least 4 partners in this but I'll see to it the one who does most of the day to day operations reads this thread.

BTW, I was thinking of this today eating breakfast at Sportsman. They KNOW me in there. This AM I got serious cold shoulder from the one girl there. Later others showed up with a bit more personality but I know what you mean.

I will agree, they are weird. 90% of the time they are the most miserable set of staff I've come across. Then one day in 6-7, they are warm and welcoming. They have got slightly better with me as I've gone more over trips...

There's just one girl, young, tall, thick set that is always in a nice manner. The rest treat you like shit.

It's bearable for the quality of food they do, but quite a few times now I've put-off ordering that extra side, coffee, drink just because the staff are cold as F

She is in my condo now cleaning. And not exactly showing particular aptitude for the job. But a sweet girl none the less.

Behavior breeds behavior…

Were you a smiling happy customer… or an old curmudgeon?

You admit that you had good service and good food… sounds like the latter.

I have been staying at, eating at and playing golf with The Golf Club since it opened; I consider it my “home away from home”. The staff has changed a bit in the last year, but they still reflect the friendly “no-nonsense” style of the owners. They do a lot of business in that small 6 table clubhouse; and they run food to many other guesthouses on the Soi. The fact that they are the preferred caterer of the guesthouses without foodservice should tell you something about the quality of their food and service. It also tells of the jealousy of the other couple of guesthouses that offer food and explains the wireless thing.

The owner who was complaining/moaning about an “illegal driver” is part of the charm of the place; it is called The Golf Club. If you really want to see him go off, ask him about PSC Handicaps… turning the TV’s to wrestling; he is an ex NCAA and US Army champion wrestler; his bar his choice. It is owned primarily by Americans, the food and the sports on the TV reflect that. Who else in town is doing steaks out front on a Weber grill?

The Golf Club and its staff are very much like a good small country club men’s grill (with the added benefit of the DD next door). If you understand that statement you will love the place; if not, there are many other choices.

"It takes a lot of good beer to make a great wine"

OK I will bow out of this thread - I stick by what I said - being a golf club or tennis club has no bearing on friendly service - otherwise make it into a members only place and you can all sit there and convince yourselves that the staff are friendly and welcoming - which they are not - have fun!

Archived