IGNORED

WOW Gym life time deal

devee8

I had a phone call from a Thai lady iin Pattaya informing me that WOW Gym in the Avenue shopping centre has a deal which is Bht12,500 and you get a life time membership which you don't have to pay anymore money for 3 years then you have to pay Bht2,000 per year to maintain your membership. Has anybody heard about this or has anybody got more details on this as it sounds a good value deal

It's sounds a great deal, like many others I've heard, but I'd never pay for anything in advance in Thailand, it's a mistake I made once & once only.

Tony's has this too

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

It's sounds a great deal, like many others I've heard, but I'd never pay for anything in advance in Thailand, it's a mistake I made once & once only.

Tony's has this too

I agree with that, never pay in advance.

Just to add, Tony's is up for sale - what happens to the lifetime membership then?

They were dishing them out for next to nothin when it first opened and no mention of 2k per year to maintain it.

IMO theres no such thing as a lifetime deal.

Last year it was 10K and nothing about the 2K a year .

just a way to generate some cash to keep the doors open

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

Yes....as above.

It is a well known scam all over the world and recommended by government in Australia not to eneter into long term gym memberships.

This recommendation came after numerous Gyms offerred long term deals just to bring some money in before going bankrupt or sold.

Gym is still open the next week but your membership is not valid as the company name of the owner has been changed (and sometimes even sold by one company to the same owner's other company!)

I was there a few weeks ago-made the mistake of sitting down with the manager to talk about 'the deals'...apart from the fact I wasn't impressed with the gym, it was really embarrassing how desperate she came over ...even coming over all tearful when I said I'd think about it !! Not a good sign !

For those that are interested. If I want a quick work out, I sometimes use the Gym at A1 cruise ship hotel soi 2. Its always quiet, and has adequate kit, also has a sauna. 250bht a session.

Edited by kikielee

• 1 month later...

There are not too many alternatives to WOW gym atm. There is Tony's which is okay but they have this rip off strategy (I have not idea why but they kept offering me some really expensive deals even though I told them I could get much better deals at California WOW... naturally I declined).

In WOW gym they are very quick at offering you a lifetime membership.

I was there a few weeks ago-made the mistake of sitting down with the manager to talk about 'the deals'...apart from the fact I wasn't impressed with the gym, it was really embarrassing how desperate she came over ...even coming over all tearful when I said I'd think about it !! Not a good sign !

She 's taking her job a bit too personally ............................she sounds like she needs a cock up her arse to put her mind on other things.

You really should of asked her to suck your cock.

Anyone know the price of a 1 month deal at California WOW and the price of a 1 day session. I know it's different for everyone and depends on how much you can get away with (rather how much THEY can get away with) but I just want some rough estimates so I can a better budget plan.

Thanx.

She 's taking her job a bit too personally ............................she sounds like she needs a cock up her arse to put her mind on other things.

You really should of asked her to suck your cock.

Best post ever.

• 2 weeks later...

California WOW Fitness Bankrupt Sued By Bangkok Bank

(PattayaDailyNews Source)

WOW.jpg

Bangkok Bank Plc has sued Thailand's biggest fitness operator: California WOW Xperience Plc (CAWOW).

Bangkok Bank, the creditor, filed a lawsuit after the company was unable to service debts totalling 75.87 million THB (debt of 71.90 million THB and default interest of 3.97 million THB).

The report said CAWOW, founded by Mr. Eric Levine, “is continuing to make progress on the existing rehabilitation plan”.

There have been consumer complaints about the fitness company, which sells lifetime memberships but regularly closes facilities. Members have also complained about below standard services and breach of contract details, according to the Office of the Consumer Protection Board (OCPB).

Now we know why they were pushing lifetime memberships. Those who took them out 3 years or more when it opened have had their moneys worth but I'm pleased I never bought in last October.

I paid 11,000 for lifetime in mid 2009, and have paid 100 a year to renew it.

So around USD$130 per year for membership. Good for me, but probably explains why they are being sued by their bank.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

classic thai style business - get the money upfront, worry about details later. Their business model wasn't sustainable - you can't sell a lifetime mebership for 10,000 baht and then stay open, unless you're always finding new members, so in effect it becomes a ponzi scheme... once you run out of enough new members it all collapses.

The playa haters ball gives us an opportunity to hate on a diversionary of markass marks, trickass marks, punk bitches, and skip skaps, skanks, and scallywags...hoes, heffers, he ha's, and hulyhoops. 

- Silky Johnson

i got life membership for me and the wife 4 years ago for 10,000 each with a 100b renewal fee each year.great deal if it goes tits up it still been a great deal.

Any update on this gym? Will the bank keep it open? I doubt it as everyone has paid in advance so there will be no new money to pay staff ect!

I am exercising in this gym everyday and I don't see any signs of it closing down. In fact I see them selling new memberships downstairs every time. I guess people just have no idea...

Yes....as above.

It is a well known scam all over the world and recommended by government in Australia not to eneter into long term gym memberships.

This recommendation came after numerous gyms offerred long term deals just to bring some money in before going bankrupt or sold.

Gym is still open the next week but your membership is not valid as the company name of the owner has been changed (and sometimes even sold by one company to the same owner's other company!)

Every where I go they offer me a lifetime membership but I think they take one look at me and think....He will only turn up a few times and if it is more often it will probably kill me anyway. :GoldenSmile1:

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

• 2 weeks later...

So guys, does this mean that California WOW is being taken over by the Bank of Bangkok for failing to pay their loans? Just want a 10-4 on that... coz I'm considering making a lifetime-deal there very soon.

Club seems to be running as usual...full class schedule, cleaning and maintenance and even new people signing up. Hope it continues.