IGNORED

bus from patts to suk,bkk

Guiness

hi all, i need advice on getting a bus from patts to bkk . i looked up many threads but couldnt find anything.

i need running times if possible and departure location etc.

no way am i giving my baht to the mafia any more !!!!

thanks lads.

BTW the weather is brilliant here at the moment !!

Transportation forum,

"Bell travel" located in the back of the bus station on

Pattaya north, about 100 yds from suckyvit road.

200B and a mini-bus will pick you up from hotel-condo,

change to full size but at station, direct to BKK

They leave on the hour from ( i think)7 am until 8 pm

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

Pattaya has several bus stations. The bus station located at North Pattaya Road is exclusively for buses going to and coming from Bangkok. One bus line goes to Bangkok Eastern Bus Terminal (Ekamai, Sukhumvit Road), one goes to Bangkok Northern Bus Terminal (Morchit) and one goes to Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal (Sai Tai). The buses leave every 30 to 40 minutes, are very cheap (113 Baht), air-conditioned, fast and easy. I use them all the time. Travel time from Pattaya to Ekamai e.g. is about 2 hours (sometimes less sometimes more depending on the traffic in Bangkok). You just go to the bus station, buy the ticket and jump on the next bus leaving. Details can be found on http://www.pattayabus.com/en/route_schedule.htm (select "Pattaya to Bangkok").

To get to that Pattaya bus station at North Pattaya Road will cost you 20 Baht: The first 10 Baht for the bath taxi on Second Road to get to the dolphin roundabout in North Pattaya. There you have to jump off because your baht bus will either go straight to Naklua or turn left down to the beach, but you have to turn to the right into North Pattaya Road. There you jump on the 2nd baht taxi waiting for customers on North Pattaya Road (dolphin roundabout to your right). The baht taxi driver normaly waits until he has collected about 8 people and then the baht taxi will leave and take you for another 10 Baht to the bus terminal.

Inside at this very same Pattaya bus station there is on the right a second small building where you can buy tickets in advance for the daily buses leaving from there to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport for only 200 Baht. Details can be found on http://www.belltravelservice.com/routes_rates.php (select "Pattaya - Suvarnabhumi Airport"). I always go there 2 days before to buy my ticket. Never had any problems.

I am not going to give 1000 Baht to the taxi mafia each time if there are such cheap and reliable bus connections between Pattaya and Bangkok.

Best to go to the bus station on north road and not pick up the many busses that stop along the sukhumvit road. Most of these busses go along the old road and are constantly stopping and can easily double the journey time.

The bus to ekamai from pattaya bus station is generally the best bet, it travels along the motorway only stopping briefly in bangna and a couple of places along sukhumvit in bangkok.

On your arival in Bangkok, you are right next to the skytrain which can than easilly connect with the underground and can easilly and quickly reach most destinations in the city.

Pattaya-Ekkemai is like 120 baht and departs every hour during most of the day, but I'm still partial to taking a cab for 1200-1400baht.

This is because a cab gets you door-to-door. Whereas with bus, you still have to cab it to the station, wait, then probably cab from Ekkamai to your hotel. That's a good bit of extra time and inconvenience.

I guess it depends on how much luggage you are dragging around and how much time you have...

There are mini buses that leave near Tops market every 30 mins or hour for 100 baht or so. I believe they go to Victory Monument which is a BTS station as well.

Used one of those mini bus services myself a couple of years ago, think I paid around 300bt and have never been so scared in a vehicle in my life, the driver was an absolute maniac and ultimately it took almost as long as the bus.

Never again, not prepared to risk my life to save 10 minutes on a journey.

thankis everyone for your help ! much appreciated , thanks.

Seriously dont use the mini bus its a death trap,use the bus service.

I've used the bus from Pattya North Bus Station to Ekamai and to Sai Tai.

No problems, cheap and simple.

Checked luggage if you need it.

Best to go to the bus station on north road and not pick up the many busses that stop along the sukhumvit road. Most of these busses go along the old road and are constantly stopping and can easily double the journey time.

The bus to ekamai from pattaya bus station is generally the best bet, it travels along the motorway only stopping briefly in bangna and a couple of places along sukhumvit in bangkok.

On your arival in Bangkok, you are right next to the skytrain which can than easilly connect with the underground and can easilly and quickly reach most destinations in the city.

Let me just add something : if you're going to Ekkamai, you should get off the bus at On Nut, and take the Skytrain from there (it's just a 1 minute walk from the bus stop). Because with traffic jams, the bus can take a very long time from On Nut to Ekkamai.

Let me just add something : if you're going to Ekkamai, you should get off the bus at On Nut, and take the Skytrain from there (it's just a 1 minute walk from the bus stop). Because with traffic jams, the bus can take a very long time from On Nut to Ekkamai.

Would agree with that.

What would be the best Bus options to get from Nana in Sukhumvit (BKK) to the LK Metro Royal Suite on Soi 9 on Buakhao? Or should I get over to Suvarnabhumi and take something from there?

What would be the best Bus options to get from Nana in Sukhumvit (BKK) to the LK Metro Royal Suite on Soi 9 on Buakhao? Or should I get over to Suvarnabhumi and take something from there?

By going to Suvarnabhumi first you dont win anything.

Going from Nana in Sukhumvit to Pattaya by bus is very easy:

You take the skytrain (BTS) from Nana (E3) to Ekamai (E7). At Ekamai bus terminal (which is just outside E7 on Sukhumvit Road) you take the bus to Pattaya as described above. There is only one bus line going to Pattaya and only one counter selling the tickets so you cant do anything wrong. Ticket price is 113 Baht, travel duration 2 hours, bus leaves on platform 1 every 30 to 40 minutes. When you arrive at Pattaya bus station you take a baht taxi or a motorbike taxi to your hotel (price probably somewhere between 60 to 100 baht). There are baht taxis for 20 baht leaving from that Pattaya bus station but they all only go the same route along beach road to Walking Street which would mean that you had to jump off somewhere along beach road and then walk from beach road the way up to soi buakhao or take a motorbike taxi (price 30-40 baht) from there to get to your hotel.

The one being discussed above.

Skytrain about 2-3 stops to ekamai

bus from ekamai to north pattaya

taxi from north pattaya to LK Metro.

The one being discussed above.

Skytrain about 2-3 stops to ekamai

bus from ekamai to north pattaya

taxi from north pattaya to lk metro.

The last post is not 100% correct, there are numerous buses that will take you to pattaya but most go along the old road, are constantly stopping and take for ever. Dont make the mistake as I did once of listening to a Thai guy shouting 'pattaya pattaya' and buying a ticket on the bus. Go into the terminal and buy your ticket for the direct bus at the kiosk.

I second that, make sure to buy your ticket from the window at Ekamai station and get on the blue bus behind the gate, not one of the old buses standing in front of the station that take the old road (just buy from the window an you'll get on the right bus).

Also in Pattaya station you can take the bhat bus as mentioned above for 20 baht, but tell the driver you're going to Buakao, he'll stop on the intersection of Central Pattaya Road and Bokao, from there cross the street and get on the Bokao baht bus for only 10 baht anywhere down soi Bokao. Cheap and easy and that's how I did it on my trips. Alternatively, you can take a taxi from Pattaya bus station to your hotel in the Bokao area for 100 baht.

Edited by crumbs

I agree with JK, take the bus from the bus station opposite Pan Pan restaurant on Thap Praya Road, to the airport, for 124 baht, bus leaves every hour and it is a very comfortable ride (Minivans are fuckers) and nice view of the countryside. At the airport take lift down to basement and catch the City Line which I think was 60B or so into Phaya Thai BTS station. Then get a BTS ride down to Nana or wherever for 25 baht.

All up about 220 baht....

And yes alternatively take baht bus up to Pattaya Bus Terminal, Stop at Ekkammai, then BTS up Sukhumvit to Nana.

Two quite neat options.

The bus will now also stop at Udom Suk BTS, which takes another 5-20 minutes off the journey, depending on the traffic on Suk Road.

The bus will now also stop at Udom Suk BTS, which takes another 5-20 minutes off the journey, depending on the traffic on Suk Road.

I wasn't sure about that, so thanks Brewster for this info.