Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Weight loss & toning (calling all fitness people)

jumpman233345

Hey all 

I ,like others on this forum at the moment, am embarking on a weight loss journey. My goal is to get to around the 11 1/2, 12 stone mark 

At the moment I am a touch over 13 stone. I want to fit in to jeans with a 30inch waist.

So far I have been going to the gym and doing the following things every session, about 4-5 times a week. I also buy a whey protine shake most times after working out.

1. 45- 1 hour on the tread mill ......speed at 6 with an incline of 6 also (can really feel the burn!) 

2. 15-20 min jog/run without an incline with a speed of 8.5

3. rowing machine for about 5 mins 

4 shoulder press weight machine , at least 3 reps of 10 @ around 25kg

5. Chest press weight machine , again, at least 3 reps of 10 at about 28kg

6. Various other weight machines ....ab crunches, legs etc.

On top of this I am eating very healthy (drinking more water), cereal for breakfast, fruit, veg....... lots of protein, and as little carbs as possible (no bread, no sweets, buiscuts, butter) 

At the moment I'm eating about 1000 cal per day.

So some questions if I may?

1. If I follow what I am doing I WILL loose weight quite easily won't I?

2. Is the amount of weight training enough to start to put muscle on? (I lift for about 30-45 mins) 

I also attend a body combat fitness class at the gym once a week and plan to do it twice, as well as attending a kettle ball toning class very soon.

Thanks for reading

Posted Image

It is damn near impossible to put on muscle and lose weight at the same time unless you are a complete newbie at which point you will gain a bit of muscle since you are working your muscles for the first time.

Focus on one, then on the other one.

Are you counting your protein shake calories in your 1000 calorie total? That doesn't sound right. 1000 cal is very little for adult male. With the exercise regiment on top of this, it sounds like you are taking in more calories than you think, or very tired all the time.

Also, do not avoid carbs. You need to have a balance between calories coming from fat, protein, and carbs. Avoid simple sugars. Everything else is pretty good if it's not screwing up your fat/protein/carbs ratio.

1000 calories/day? How do you manage on so little? I don't know the stone-to-pounds conversion rate, but I'm guessing you weigh substantially less than 200 pounds. Anyway, I think you'll definitely lose weight on your exercise regimen. Don't know if you'll gain any mass, however.

I exercise 5-6 days/week, lifting mostly free weights, but I'm pushing 220+ pounds. I need at least 2000 calories/day to make it thru the workday and then to the gym at night.

BHP

I've been running in the mornings before breakfast. was told your body goes straight to fat supply rather thancarb supply for energy because you havnt eaten for 8 hours while asleep.

don't know how true it is but it's been working very well for me non the less.

note: running at 5am is a fukcing hard :)

i want to go to DISNEYLAND!!!!!

Keep doing what youre doing.

You cannot bulk up and lose weight at the same time.

It's good you know to avoid carbs, they are not needed. The caveman lived on protein and fats, no carbs. Did they have obesity problems back then? No.

After 5 days of no carbs, your body will go into ketosis, it is a complicated process - but the jist of it is, your body will use fat stores as energy, rather than eaten carbs.

Turkey breast, lean beef, chicken etc are youre friends, avoid legs, thighs etc, and also meats like lamb, they are too fatty for a clean diet.

Switch soda to water, or zero calorie diet versions, avoid sugar and use artificial sweeteners.

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

First- Double check those calories! Hopefully you are light saying only 1000 per day. You gotta have more than that! Especially if you are working out as much as you say... As long as you are eating healthy (it sounds like you are) you dont want to cut back your calories that much.

Also, you can loose wait & gain muscle... You just wont notice it, but your muscle will be increasing & toning under that fat you have... then as it falls off, there you go! The muscles will show.

And keep upi the drinking of water.

Good luck :)

If you feel OK with your 1000 calories leave it at that, if you are consuming more calories than you are burning you are not losing weight

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

note: running at 5am is a fukcing hard :)

+1 It is really hard !

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Keep doing what youre doing.

You cannot bulk up and lose weight at the same time.

It's good you know to avoid carbs, they are not needed. The caveman lived on protein and fats, no carbs. Did they have obesity problems back then? No.

After 5 days of no carbs, your body will go into ketosis, it is a complicated process - but the jist of it is, your body will use fat stores as energy, rather than eaten carbs.

Turkey breast, lean beef, chicken etc are youre friends, avoid legs, thighs etc, and also meats like lamb, they are too fatty for a clean diet.

Switch soda to water, or zero calorie diet versions, avoid sugar and use artificial sweeteners.

Good advice , only have to disagree on the last 3 words . Artificial sweeteners isn't the way to go as many tests have already proven .

Better to use real sugar (honey) and not the artificial sweeteners (poison) , refined sugar (the white/brown dry one) or the high fructose syrup

(being used in almost everything now a days) or just get used to drink your coffee , tea or other drinks without extra sugar .

It is damn near impossible to put on muscle and lose weight at the same time unless you are a complete newbie at which point you will gain a bit of muscle since you are working your muscles for the first time.

Focus on one, then on the other one.

I completely agree with this. Ive been trying to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time and although I got stronger and lighter in some area I still maintained the same weight. Look into your protein there is such a thing as drinking too much. Plus most protein drinks have 300+ calories depending on what you mix it with.

you say you want to loose fat, and build muscle ?? Its one or the other mate...IMO, your cardio is good, and weight lifting is adequate to retain muscle...but on 1000 cals per day, lots of fat & muscle will come off. Try getting the cals up to say 1600 per day, coming from meat , veg & salads.

Edited by kikielee

Buy this book "The Four Hour Body" by Timothy Ferris published by Crown Archetype in the USA. Can get it through Amazon or if you are British through the Book Depository.

Stick to the suggestions in this book and you will lose weight and gain shape.

grit

If you want to develop a proper strength and not just a beach body avoid stuff like bicep curls anything that tries to isolate a single muscle, yes the muscle will grow but you will only end up looking like a guido without any real strength. You need to work on your core strength and with that the arms and legs will develop. Put it this way if I was ever to be put into a position where I had to fight my way out of a situation, I woud take the tanned guido with the massive upper body over the well built guy with solid legs and solid arms, avoid him at all costs he will fuck you up of he does grab you.

Cross fit is the latest craze and it is here to stay, an awesome way to develop cardio and endurance. It is a regular training technique for all Mixed Martial Artists ( MMA ) and you can reach crazy levels of endurance at a much higher pace than you would otherwise.

As far as diet goes stick to tuna, chicken, turkey and a little red meat doesnt hurt. Avoid all soft drinks including all that zero sugar bullshit ( recently found to have a certain ingredient which directly leads to causing tumours ) fruit salads are not as good as you think aswell.

Best advice I can give you is go get yourself a vitamix blender or similar and every morning first thing you get some cuccumber, khale, celerey, pear or apple blend it all up and smash down one glass before you do anything. Should be nice and green with plenty of roughage and a perfect way to fire up your body in the morning.

If you really want to drink something super healthy coconut water it super healthy with many great benefits for us. Obviously fresh in Thailand is easy to get and they do have the best coconuts as far as taste goes.

If you are in TL then if you get C2O coconut water that is direct from Thai Coconuts really awesome stuff. I have mixed this stuff in with my green mix in the morning and helps it go down easier.

Lots of good advice, but if your cal intake is 1000 per day your body is going to be chomping away at your muscles. Your body will think it is in starvation mode and start dumping muscle as it looked at as a liabilty by your body. I would hit three good full body workouts per week focusing on compound excercises (squats, dead lift, bench press, pull ups,etc.) along with 3-4 solid cardio workouts per week. Mix up your cardio some long slow runs and some interval sprints on other days and switch between heavy weight low reps and lighter weights high reps every few weeks. Diet you should start at 12 calls per lb per day for two weeks then adjust according to results. If you are losing more than a pound or two per week up the cals if you are not progressing then drop cals a bit. Always take in a gram of protein per pound of body weight and avoid taking in more than 50g of protein at one meal.

Hey all

I ,like others on this forum at the moment, am embarking on a weight loss journey. My goal is to get to around the 11 1/2, 12 stone mark

At the moment I am a touch over 13 stone. I want to fit in to jeans with a 30inch waist.

So far I have been going to the gym and doing the following things every session, about 4-5 times a week. I also buy a whey protine shake most times after working out.

1. 45- 1 hour on the tread mill ......speed at 6 with an incline of 6 also (can really feel the burn!)

2. 15-20 min jog/run without an incline with a speed of 8.5

3. rowing machine for about 5 mins

4 shoulder press weight machine , at least 3 reps of 10 @ around 25kg

5. Chest press weight machine , again, at least 3 reps of 10 at about 28kg

6. Various other weight machines ....ab crunches, legs etc.

On top of this I am eating very healthy (drinking more water), cereal for breakfast, fruit, veg....... lots of protein, and as little carbs as possible (no bread, no sweets, buiscuts, butter)

At the moment I'm eating about 1000 cal per day.

So some questions if I may?

1. If I follow what I am doing I WILL loose weight quite easily won't I?

2. Is the amount of weight training enough to start to put muscle on? (I lift for about 30-45 mins)

I also attend a body combat fitness class at the gym once a week and plan to do it twice, as well as attending a kettle ball toning class very soon.

Thanks for reading

I've been able to lose weight even though I lift weights and do cardio exercises. If you work out and eat right, you will lose weight at a slower pace than someone who doesn't lift weights. However, your weight will be distributed more equally, so your gut weight will go into your chest and arms. This is a very good trade off. I guarantee that if you stick to your present regimen, you will start to see a big difference.

You don't have much to lose really so it will be pretty easy if you increase your exercise and decrease your food intake. 1000 a day is low if your working out at the level you are posting. If you feel weak or come down with a virus because you are overdoing it increase your food a little. I am doing a similar journey to you but am starting off a fair bit heavier. That's ok as the proverb says. A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

You have to do stuff you can keep doing.

I see all these diets and training programs that are to hard to do!

eg Getting up at 5am to run, just how long would most continue to do that?

Many people do programs for a few weeks or months then STOP

and put back on any weight they have lost and loose fitness. YO-YOing

I say find the path of least resistance, meaning find stuff you can do all the time for long periods of time where ever you are.

If its to hard, its to easy to find excuses not to do it.

I cycle and swim most days after work, its easy for me as I just jump on the bike and do 15-20ks, I have a pool

right next to where i'm living so i finish the cycle and swim 16-32 laps.

Very little preparation time and minimize my time spent exercising but its easy to do and effective.

BTW Losing weight gets exponentially harder as you age each decade.

good luck

Who is fit to govern others?

He who governs himself. ?

You might as well have said: nobody.

If you want to lose weight fast then High Intensity Interval Training combined with a variety of resistance exercises is the way to go. You'll lose weight much faster doing high intensity exercise rather than long slow cardio sessions. However it's hard on your body and you have to have a certain aerobic base to handle it.

1000 calories sounds very low to me, especially if you are factoring in alcoholic drinks into the equation, which are very high in calories.

You don't post your age or fitness levels, but 'Case' has given you a good lead. Most running magazines are full of information on HIIT and it's benefits for fat-burning and weight loss. I'll also join the consensus that your calorie count is very low. Working on a rough average of 2,500 per day for the 'average' man, you can easily up your limit and still lose weight while maintaining good health and decent energy levels.

Well fellas.. Thanks to each and every one of you for your replies of encouregment, advice and tips.

A quick update for you all

I am 30yo and before starting this was very unhealthy lol.. Just before Christmas I was 14 stone

Now I am proud to say the belly has shrank (almost gone) and I now weigh 12stone 3pounds!!!!

Iv been naughty a few times also and had a few take-a-ways... Pissed up nights etc

12 stone!!!!! Just need to loose a little more then start to try hard to tone up

Thanks again guys

Posted Image

Ill give you a plan that works and I keep using it as well and I swear by it, Im 43 by the way. Take it for what its worth but it has really worked for me and I have shed all my fat and feel great 25 pounds lighter. Forget counting calories and try this out if nothing is working for you currently. I dont care how over weight you are or what age.

Along with this eating plan, you will need to do cardio 45 -60 minutes, 5-6 days a week (believe it or not, walking at an incline works great) try 10 for incline and 2.5 for speed on a treadmill if you dont like running. Finally you should workout at least 30 minutes in the gym 4 to 5 days a week as well. Just find a routine that suits you, its that simple, dont need to be superman in the gym. If the exercise seems extreme reading it, just work up to it and you will eventually have no problem with it in no time, just have to be motivated and consistent.

Eating is actually 75 percent of your success for losing weight. I eat what most people eat, but have learned if you want to see a real difference in the mirror, you have to be bold enough to change your eating (at least until you get your results and then you can indulge again). If you dont exercise and have recently started, hoping to see a real difference, most likely you will be unhappy with your results if you dont add a strict eating plan. I exercised like crazy (but ate what I wanted in moderation) and never really saw the results I wanted. I started to think it was just not possible perhaps- 40 minutes in the gym and 1 hour runs, still not really getting anywhere dramatic. Only after I added the eating plan did I see that everything was possible. so I will get off my soap box now but I cant stress enough of the importance of a strict clean eating plan.

wake up: Protein powder (use water)

9am cup of oatmeal (water and non fat milk for creaminess) with cinnamon powder (sugarless of course)

skinless chicken breast (spice it up all you want), 1 cup of any green vegetable. Eat this about every 3 hours until you go to bed

A can of black beans throughout the day with your meals until empty

about a gallon of water a day and black coffee or plain tea is fine as well(but nothing else, no diet sodas either)

4 tblspns of peanut butter a day for munchies (dont go over this amount though)

Thats it, you can have fish instead of chicken as well. This eating plan really works. Once a week have a cheat meal (not a cheat day).

In three months you will be amazed. Just trying to add my experience on this subject. If you really want to play the carb game, go 3 days without the black beans and add them every fourth day..

Edited by Sanook4me

just but out carbs from your evening meals and stop eating white bread, white rice and normal potatoes.

and replace soft drinks with fruit juice and water.

alternatively you can go on some crazy diet but its simple if you are putting on weight you are eating too many calories and not doing enough exercise, if you are loosing weight you are not eating enough calories or doing too much exercise for your calorie intake.

try cutting the carbs from evening meals and cut out high sugar drinks see where you stand in 2 weeks.

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties