Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Two British tourists injured in altercation with Pattaya Motorbike Taxi driver

benny31

Two British tourists injured in altercation with Pattaya Motorbike Taxi driver

(PattayaOne Source)

Two British tourists were assaulted by a Pattaya motorbike taxi driver in the early hours of Monday over a dispute over the taxi fare. All those involved in the incident made their way to Pattaya Police Station, including the taxi driver, Khun Somkwuan aged 35 who claimed he had accepted a fare from the two British men, aged 23 and 53 at an agreed price of 200 Baht. When they arrived at their destination they handed over 100 Baht and refused to pay the extra 100 Baht. Khun Somkwaun was angry and used a plank of wood and struck both tourists who then summoned the assistance of Police. In what appears to be a breakdown in communication between the motorbike taxi driver and the two British men, a decision was made by them not to pursue the case any further, despite their substantial facial injuries, and the taxi driver was released without charge.

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

That was worth saving 100 baht for! I bet they are feeling a little silly now

The funny thing about first impressions is you don't get a second chance at them!

Yep, some one needs to tell these idiots that it is 100b EA, even if they ride on one or two

moto taxis

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

everyone gets ripped off somehow, but when i thailand its best ,to turn a blind eye and just pay, without the situation getting messy...

glad it ended up well, too bad about the facial injuries.............

he will probably be barfining a girl at the end of the night so he would of forgotten about the incident altogether... :GoldenSmile1:

A couple more drunken Chavs too stupid to work out a baht bus is safer and cheaper than a mototaxi.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Trying to cheat Thais out of money in their own is very stupid. I hope these wankers learned a lesson.

• 3 weeks later...

how big was this taxi driver to take on these 2 lads coz there not really small are they and that tooth pick dont look like it would hurt more than getting twated with a ruler.

I would have just given the driver the 100 baht. If I felt like he was ripping me off I would have informed of how I felt but I still would given him the money. A 100 dollars isnt worth being smacked in the head let alone a 100 baht

Motor bike taxi riders are scum of the earth!

But are like ants if you pick a fight with the little shits!!!

i`ve never had a problem but have seen it many time i only use Baht bus!

Trying to cheat Thais out of money in their own is very stupid. I hope these wankers learned a lesson.

Whats to say the Thai is not lying, all them tell the truth you know, quick to jump in and call poeple wankers , bet you the 100 baht you would,nt call them to that to there face

Motor bike taxi riders are scum of the earth!

But are like ants if you pick a fight with the little shits!!!

i`ve never had a problem but have seen it many time i only use Baht bus!

I've never had a problem in 5 trips...sure, some moonlight as petty criminals and pop up in the local rags crime sections..considering a lot of their customers are running around town trying to screw as many of 'their' women I think they're pretty well behaved

Bahtbus stopped outside Soi Six , we jumped on, Was puzzled because he drove very fast without stopping to pick up along the way, Rang the bell when we reached at Mike Shopping mall, I gave him 20 baht, He said 100 baht, I said fuck you , 20 bt, But he fucked off without taking my 20 bt..lol...

I have found Baht Bus & Taxi drivers in Pattaya have in recent times become serious Ass Holes in General.

I will add to this if required but I will leave it at that for now.

Whats to say the Thai is not lying, all them tell the truth you know, quick to jump in and call poeple wankers , bet you the 100 baht you would,nt call them to that to there face

Good point, but I'm assuming the facts as presented are true. If they are true, then it's really stupid to rip off locals.

100 baht each :wacko:

Edited by badboybilly

100 baht each.......................................he was ripping them off..................where were they going for a 100 baht each..............for fuck sake have the assertiveness to stand up for yourselfs.

:o if you believe that.... ...................................now i know why 'timeshare' companies do so well............there;s always one out there :rolleyes:

Edited by badboybilly

Was at the LT girls apartment because I forgot I had the key. Since I had no clue where I was I got a motorbike taxi to meet up with friends on WS. I said WS, 60 baht, he said ok. We arrive and I give him 60 baht, he say, 100 baht, 100 baht. I knew he was upset so I simply gave him another 40 baht and said to myself. Another US dollar gone, pussy awaits.

No sense in getting into disputes over this stuff when you have other things to do. Last thing I want is to be hit over the head with anything but big titties.

I am a fat kid in a sweet shop, I just cannot choose and want it all.

Yep, some one needs to tell these idiots that it is 100b EA, even if they ride on one or two

moto taxis

Umm I don't think so, my girl tells me to hop on motorbike taxi with her so i don't have to pay twice? so she tells me anyway I only pay one fare and taxi driver seemed ok?

@harry, most taxi drivers do charge per person. Probably this taxi driver said something like 100thb each.

Edited by TheLostShark

the taxi driver was released without charge

Why wasn't he charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent? Doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong. Thais have to be educated not to assult people. This Thai man should have been charged and should receive a 10 year prison sentence. Might make his countrymen think twice next time they feel like smashing a tourist in the head with a lump of wood. Why don't the British Embassy get involved and demand justice? Why don't all our embassies demand justice is these cases?

@harry, most taxi drivers do charge per person. Probably this taxi driver said something like 100thb each.

I have hired baht bus taxi's outside Walking Street to LK Metro area. 100-150 baht. Always for me and my barfine of the night.

When negotiating, we only discuss amounts, never whether it's the total price or per person. Have not had a problem so far.

I think the motorcycle driver from OP was trying to pull a fast one on the Brits (unless it was specifically mentioned that it was 100 b per person).

I have hired baht bus taxi's outside walking street to lk metro area. 100-150 baht. Always for me and my barfine of the night.

When negotiating, we only discuss amounts, never whether it's the total price or per person. Have not had a problem so far.

I think the motorcycle driver from OP was trying to pull a fast one on the Brits (unless it was specifically mentioned that it was 100 b per person).

Sorry, I ment motorbike taxis.

• 4 weeks later...

Rent or buy your own....PROBLEM SOLVED...