IGNORED

Sunbeam hotel Pattaya

sabaiman

Never stayed there but I believe it has joiner fees ,

seem to be set up for package tour .

Joe

"Hello John got a new motor ?"

Hi,

Anyone visited Sunbeam hotel in Pattaya, soi 7 or 8 ..

How they like if you take a guide to your room.

hi sabaiman, i stayed at the sunbeam for two weeks october 2006, if you have not booked this hotel, please dont, there are many better and cheaper hotels,

they have a joiner fee of 300 baht per night, this is a rip off.

the rooms are full of cockroaches, i asked to change rooms, they showed me four more rooms and they were just as bad.

the pool area is quite nice, and the breakfast is ok, but the rest is a shithole, the rooms are dirty, the wallpaper has stains everywhere.

do yourself a favor, book anywhere but the sunbeam and save some money also. :Good_One:

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys - I emailed Sunbeam last night about joiner fee and they confirmed the 300 Baht rip-off.

Cancelled my room and gonna book at Sunshine on Soi 8. How do I ensure I get in the new wing though?

Cheers,

Keith

The Sunshine is ok, on the internet booking form there should be a place for special requests so you could ask for the new wing there. You could always try the Flipper also.

Cancelled my room and gonna book at Sunshine on Soi 8. How do I ensure I get in the new wing though?

Book the Sunshine "Residence." The Sunshine "Hotel" is the old wing. The Sunshine "Residence" is the new wing. Specifically tell them you want the new wing.

Keep a close watch on your wallet, passport, money, cameras, computers, etc., etc., etc. The don't have in room safes so you might consider using one of the lock boxes at reception. That no guarantee, but leaving anything of value in your room, even in a locked suitcase is not a good idea. Here are two photos of what the maintenance staff did to my suitcase when they were suppose to be fixing the air conditioning.

post-52-1173401244_thumbjpg

post-52-1173401275_thumbjpg

Edited by Khun Scalawag

The Sunshine is ok, on the internet booking form there should be a place for special requests so you could ask for the new wing there. You could always try the Flipper also.

Do you recommend Flipper House or Flipper Lodge?

Keith

• 1 year later...

what's a joiner fee?

<div align="center"><embed src="http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/1/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/&clickLABEL=Countdown Clock by Zoodu.com&flashLABEL=Zoodu.com&pic=http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/1/themes/1.swf&text=I%27m%20getting%20BJ%27s%20all%20day%20in%20BKK%21&bgColor=13421772&untilColor=65280&textColor=13421772&year=2009&month=9&day=8&hour=19&min=0&sec=0" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="175" name="show" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/">Countdown Clock by Zoodu.com</a></small></div>

Hi,

Sunbeam Hotel

Hello mate!

I stayed with a friend in sunbeam hotel last Jun I think, they didn't charge us for the girls we brought because we booked for double bed room. the rooms are very clean and they have safety box that you can lock it with code from your choice. the staff were friendly and never charged us. not sure about the exact price but I think around 1900-2200 per night for the double bed room. I liked that hotel and everything was good there. I don't know if there was changed this month. lots of cheap and good hotels around if you r going to look for but Sunbeam was perfect so far in pattaya.

• 1 month later...

Stayed there recently courtesy of the TAT, pissed off that they wanted B900 a day to use the wifi in the room, noisy with construction next door. Room was ok, clean.

Sunshine: Booked Sunshine for three nights from Dec 23 07. Showed clerk at counter email of my rez. After several visits to the back office he told me that my room was not ready (thats what I get for booking months in advance), and was given a cheap 1200bt room for the first night. The room was shitty and had bugs. I went over to Eastiny Soi 7 (all Eastiny(s) had repeatedly told me they were full when contacted by email), and got a seaview for the next two nights. Only stayed at shitty Sunshine room for the first night (I can take bugs, just not more often than necessary).

Sunbeam: Stayed there 1-2 Jan 08. 2400bt / night, booked large bed for two people, so no extra guest charge. Good pool but goes into shade early on due to surrounding buildings. Very basic exercise room. My room was good. Bath tub. Excellent bed area rouge makeout lighting for boom-boom. Breakfast included and of high quality.

Have booked first night of next trip at Sunbeam as I want a bath (not just a shower), after flying 18 hours. Subsequent days will be at one of the Eastiny(s) or an equivalent, or room over bar. Sunbeam not worth long stays unless you are a Wall Street derivatives broker who skipped USA before the collapse.

• 5 months later...
Hi,

Sunbeam Hotel

in Sunbeam hotel you have to pay 300 Baht.

try the Flipper hotel no joiner fee at all

or Eastiny hotels in Soi7 or Soi8 no joiner fee for ONE GIRL but 300 Baht if you bring 2girls