Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What is the most difficult golf course to play around Pattaya

globalexperiences

There are a few I've forgotten because they aren't on my play list any more. Just my view.

1) Treasure Hill

2) Bangpra

3) Khoa Kheow

4) Eastern Star

5) Emerald

6) Mountain Shadow

7) Pattavia

8) Greenwood

9) Pattana (white tees)

10) Green Valley

11) Pleasant Valley

12) Burapha

13) Phoenix

14) Silky Oak

15) Crystal Bay

16) Pattana (yellow tees)

I don't play Silky Oak or Burapha anymore as compulsory cart, i don't play Eastern Star and Emerald as i dislike them with a passion.

Burapha fun, good caddies. Emerald, cheap, cow grass. Eastern Star, like you, just hate it!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Treasure Hill is tough but I wouldn't say poorly designed. Only 3, 8 and at a push 10 have fairway trees in play off the tee, the par 5 7th has a very unfair tree in play for the second shot.

Regarding the first and second, I've seen people hit the first in two, but at around 550 yds that's few and far between. The second shot is one of the toughest in Thailand,for me a good 3 wood to a narrow fairway between two water hazards, leaving about 140 in for the third. The second has water hazards left and right but there's a big gap between, no need to carry. At 200+ yds there's a good reason it's SI 2. Because of these two holes, people find the course very intimidating. Would be a much better course if the start was on the 10th, then it's a great test of golf.

Treasure Hill is tough but I wouldn't say poorly designed. Only 3, 8 and at a push 10 have fairway trees in play off the tee, the par 5 7th has a very unfair tree in play for the second shot.

Regarding the first and second, I've seen people hit the first in two, but at around 550 yds that's few and far between. The second shot is one of the toughest in Thailand,for me a good 3 wood to a narrow fairway between two water hazards, leaving about 140 in for the third. The second has water hazards left and right but there's a big gap between, no need to carry. At 200+ yds there's a good reason it's SI 2. Because of these two holes, people find the course very intimidating. Would be a much better course if the start was on the 10th, then it's a great test of golf.

Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong course ? As I recall that "gap" between the 2 hazards couldn't have a car drive over it nevermind trying to land a ball on it.

And on the 1st hole I can't imagine anyone even seeing the green nevermind hitting it in 2. Would love to see that.

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Got Pattavia in this new Pattaya Match play coming up.

First time for me,will take a look.

Got Pattavia in this new Pattaya Match play coming up.

First time for me,will take a look.

For which bar ?

For which bar ?

The Golf Club.

Edit.Mountain Shadow on the 3rd I think,then Pattavia?

Can't remember now.

The Golf Club.

Edit.Mountain Shadow on the 3rd I think,then Pattavia?

Can't remember now.

Just so happens I saw this Match Play Tourney on the board at Traveller's Rest yesterday.

Maybe there are 2 different tournaments ?

The one I saw on the TR board starts Jan 20 and IIRC, TGC wasn't listed as one of the 6 participating bars.

Just so happens I saw this Match Play Tourney on the board at Traveller's Rest yesterday.

Maybe there are 2 different tournaments ?

The one I saw on the TR board starts Jan 20 and IIRC, TGC wasn't listed as one of the 6 participating bars.

This is what I got.

A friend of mine and I volunteered Pattana sorry,on the 3rd.

I am playing Khao Kheow on the 27th for the monthly medal for sure...I think.lolol.

The rest I can play in,will let them tell me which ones.

Seeing as I Havnt played for 6 months,I'm sure they will be more than happy for me to pass.lol.

IMG_7629.PNG

This is what I got.

A friend of mine and I volunteered Pattana sorry,on the 3rd.

I am playing Khao Kheow on the 27th for the monthly medal for sure...I think.lolol.

The rest I can play in,will let them tell me which ones.

Seeing as I Havnt played for 6 months,I'm sure they will be more than happy for me to pass.lol.

You haven't played in 6 months and you are my partner in alternate shot?   :ThumbUp6:

You haven't played in 6 months and you are my partner in alternate shot? :ThumbUp6:

I sure hope so.

Gonna fucking take you down with me.

I figure I'm good for a decent shot 50% of the time.

Where they will come is the problem.:)

I actually hit balls,yesterday.

Minus 2 degrees and I wore the shit out of the top right hand corner of the driver clubface.

Figure add 26 degrees and it should come nearer to the middle.

I sure hope so.

Gonna fucking take you down with me.

I figure I'm good for a decent shot 50% of the time.

Where they will come is the problem. :)

I actually hit balls,yesterday.

Minus 2 degrees and I wore the shit out of the top right hand corner of the driver clubface.

Figure add 26 degrees and it should come nearer to the middle.

I need some practice big time,  Most of the game is alright but off the tee is really sketchy.  I get away with it here cause I'm playing a really short course and I'm good at recovery shots.  We'll see.  If we lose drinking is an option.''

I need some practice big time,  Most of the game is alright but off the tee is really sketchy.  I get away with it here cause I'm playing a really short course and I'm good at recovery shots.  We'll see.  If we lose drinking is an option.''

If you're playing with me,drinking is not an option,but a requirement.

Oh,and pick what type of music you want to listen to as well,cause we party hard on the course.

If you're playing with me,drinking is not an option,but a requirement.

Oh,and pick what type of music you want to listen to as well,cause we party hard on the course.

If this includes an obscene amount of TG caddies per player sporting very little attire, and strictly no golf clobber, I would have to give serious thought to taking up golf again.

Archived