Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What is the most difficult golf course to play around Pattaya

globalexperiences

Eastern Star gets a big thumbs up from me too  :ThumbUp6:

Yep, it's on our list every trip now.

we've stopped going to Crystal Bay until the greens are fixed...last time I reckon they had 4 different grasses in them.

Might take your recommendation and try Pattavia next trip

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lek Bpairt.

Hey,are you playing Ryder next year?

I'll play if I'm there.  But I need to fatten the handicap first.  Down to a 5 which is ridiculous for a weak old man who only hits it 230 yards.

Eastern Star gets a big thumbs up from me too  :ThumbUp6:

I played it last year in October and I thought it was horrible.

Of all the courses I have played in Pattaya over 13 years of trips, I still find Treasure Hill and Bangpra the toughest. Treasure Hill is sneaky tough. Very under rated. Funny how people on here mention Emerald. I have always found it one of the easier courses. Just shows everyone is different.

Of all the courses I have played in Pattaya over 13 years of trips, I still find Treasure Hill and Bangpra the toughest. Treasure Hill is sneaky tough. Very under rated. Funny how people on here mention Emerald. I have always found it one of the easier courses. Just shows everyone is different.

Yes Treasure Hill is the toughest. Also some poorly designed holes, not to mention the rampant crab grass. Another one I've crossed off my playlist. Cheap at 1000 baht at the moment but I'd rather do pretty much anything than play there.

I'll play if I'm there.  But I need to fatten the handicap first.  Down to a 5 which is ridiculous for a weak old man who only hits it 230 yards.

You ain't getting shit from me.

In fact,I might even take a couple,just because I can.

I just had back surgery.Cmon.

You ain't getting shit from me.

In fact,I might even take a couple,just because I can.

I just had back surgery.Cmon.

Oh, so like back surgery hurts.  (Fecking with ya skalli.  Hope you heal fast).

Oh, so like back surgery hurts.  (Fecking with ya skalli.  Hope you heal fast).

You set the bet,we will play anyone anytime of scratch,alternate shot for any amount of money.

50% of my shots right now are tour quality.

I just need you to make 12 putts and hit 14 fairways.:)

Bangpra is a very steady honest golf course , regularly the yardages play a little bit longer , as it is often to a slight incline or raised green ,

I consider the best 2 tests of golf to be Treasure Hill & Khao Kheow , disregarding the Siams , as they are stupid prices & don't represent any value for money as a non member , who prefers to walk courses. 

1 poster refers to Treasure Hill as having poorly designed holes , I have played there numerous times & while some holes present their own challenges , I can't agree with the poorly designed tag.  Some fairways could have crab grass on them , but more & more this is being contained to the rough .  At 1000 Baht Green fee , Caddy & Cart , it represents excellent value for a true test of golf , depending on which tee you select.

Khao Kheow is just a great course , with some superb holes , which given the designer , resemble holes you will see when watching the PGA Tour .  The best example of risk & reward in this area , without a doubt.

I have had memorable scores at both , and at each end of the scoring spectrum.  Take your game to either , or you will come home with your tail between your legs.

As I read somewhere there are no bad golf courses , just bad golfers.

Bangpra is a very steady honest golf course , regularly the yardages play a little bit longer , as it is often to a slight incline or raised green ,

I consider the best 2 tests of golf to be Treasure Hill & Khao Kheow , disregarding the Siams , as they are stupid prices & don't represent any value for money as a non member , who prefers to walk courses. 

1 poster refers to Treasure Hill as having poorly designed holes , I have played there numerous times & while some holes present their own challenges , I can't agree with the poorly designed tag.  Some fairways could have crab grass on them , but more & more this is being contained to the rough .  At 1000 Baht Green fee , Caddy & Cart , it represents excellent value for a true test of golf , depending on which tee you select.

Khao Kheow is just a great course , with some superb holes , which given the designer , resemble holes you will see when watching the PGA Tour .  The best example of risk & reward in this area , without a doubt.

I have had memorable scores at both , and at each end of the scoring spectrum.  Take your game to either , or you will come home with your tail between your legs.

Khao Kheow is my favourite course, not particularly long, but as you stated, a great design. I have walked away from KK a couple of times smiling, but just as many with my tail between my legs!! 

I agree with your idea of Bangpra, it does always play longer than it seems, and it's a while since I played Treasure Hill, I remember how tough it was, but not the condition.

I always look for value with my golf, so seem to avoid the Siam courses. Typical tight ass that I am!!

Everybody has the courses that they like and dislike, I have always thought Rayong Green Valley was rubbish, but on my last trip in May this year it was in the best condition of all the courses I played. I played it 3 times and loved it.

I find Greenwood similar to Khao Kheow, great design, not over long, always great value.

It's a view i guess. I was chatting to a golf pro a couple of days ago who agreed with my thoughts on Treasure Hill. As I've said before if you have loads of shots and scuff it around the course, having a bit of crab grass, poor bunkers, strange tree locations and ify hole designs it won't make much difference.

Courses get improved all the time over the world, so people see weaknesses in them which can be improved.

I played Treasure Hill for the first time last month

I thought it was a tough test of golf.

There were no easy holes

You had to hit the thing awfully straight all day long.

Even on the fairway you had trees effecting your shot.

I battled around and came in with 32 points and was quite impressed

with it

I never ever rate courses based on my score.

I played one Greg Norman designed course the first time and had a cunt of a time. Went back a few months later and came in with 36

Difference was i played well one day the other time i didnt

As for Bangpara I didnt have the greatest score my fault but I didnt have too many issues with it being hard.

I walked off dissapointed in that I left a few points out there

Some of the greens when putting downhill were a battle though

One I did though enjoy was Pleasent Valley. Played it on a wet day though so keen to have another crack at it in the dry

Pleasant Valley is an enjoyable course, probably in my Pattaya region top 10. Some people don't like it. It does suffer from over watering though, I'm not too worried about the internal OOB which some people complain about. I think 32 points at TH was good shooting.

Pleasant Valley is an enjoyable course, probably in my Pattaya region top 10. Some people don't like it. It does suffer from over watering though, I'm not too worried about the internal OOB which some people complain about. I think 32 points at TH was good shooting.

I like the layout at PV and used to play it regularly but I have nearly always been disappointed with the greens, usually very slow and or very variable, and have not played it for over 3 months now. Tee boxes were always uneven as well.

Anybody know why they filled in some of the lake by the 18th tee?

Well even for a golfer with my ability Khao Kheow is a though track - the most difficult one around Pattaya for me !

Well even for a golfer with my ability Khao Kheow is a though track - the most difficult one around Pattaya for me !

You must be a plus 6 on that track?

You must be a plus 6 on that track?

On paper maybe, but times have changed, my chipping not as sharp as it was, so I would be happy to get around in 84, that is my Tiger from Germany Handicap 555

On paper maybe, but times have changed, my chipping not as sharp as it was, so I would be happy to get around in 84, that is my Tiger from Germany Handicap 555

I saw you play at Pebble Beach US Open in 2010 and I thought you would shoot 62-64 around Khao Kheow.:)

I saw you play at Pebble Beach US Open in 2010 and I thought you would shoot 62-64 around Khao Kheow. :)

Steady on Skalli...Tiger has been plagued by back injuries since then - so maybe he will be joining the rest of us rabbits shooting 84 around khao kheow  :LOL2:

Steady on Skalli...Tiger has been plagued by back injuries since then - so maybe he will be joining the rest of us rabbits shooting 84 around khao kheow  :LOL2:

But he's Tiger Woods.

He could hit a shovel around KK and break par.

Pattaya is ideal for you, you can play loads of good golf and shag loads of women?

It's a view i guess. I was chatting to a golf pro a couple of days ago who agreed with my thoughts on Treasure Hill. As I've said before if you have loads of shots and scuff it around the course, having a bit of crab grass, poor bunkers, strange tree locations and ify hole designs it won't make much difference.

Courses get improved all the time over the world, so people see weaknesses in them which can be improved.

How many do you think would constitute "loads of shots" ?

I would recommend keeping it on the fairway , to avoid the majority of the "crabgrass , don't hit it in those "poor bunkers" , play to the spots where the trees don't impact on your next shot.  The tree in front of the White/Yellow tee on 18 has been removed , so it is now a pretty much straight forward tee shot.

The trees from the Black tees are part of the course design , where shots are required , whether it be a fade or draw to optimise the positioning from the tee.

Everything is there in front of you , no hidden tricks or hazards , play what shot is needed , or make allowances in your course management for not having that shot , & hope your short game saves you.

From your post it indicates you have not played there for a while , it is worth a visit & perhaps a reassessment .  

As for your pro pal , most pros expect to play on tournament standard & condition courses every time they tee it up , not too many courses around here fit that bill.

Treasure Hill / Pleasant Valley ,  mmmm , sort of says it all with regard to the Topic title.

I like the layout at PV and used to play it regularly but I have nearly always been disappointed with the greens, usually very slow and or very variable, and have not played it for over 3 months now. Tee boxes were always uneven as well.

Anybody know why they filled in some of the lake by the 18th tee?

Played it once, renamed it unpleasant valley and vowed never to go again

How many do you think would constitute "loads of shots" ?

I would recommend keeping it on the fairway , to avoid the majority of the "crabgrass , don't hit it in those "poor bunkers" , play to the spots where the trees don't impact on your next shot.  The tree in front of the White/Yellow tee on 18 has been removed , so it is now a pretty much straight forward tee shot.

Thank goodness.  I mean unless you hit a really high tee shot it was directly in line and too wide.  Such a small margin of error I'd have preferred to play that off the back.  Glad to hear they finally saw sense.

If some of you guys haven't been to Kabinburi,it's well worth the trip.

Good golf course (dodger bunkers) but a fantastic hotel and good food.

Great price IMHO.

Golf Club is going up.

IMG_6936.JPG

Archived