IGNORED

What is the most difficult golf course to play around Pattaya

globalexperiences

Bangpra yes you need to be below the hole, if pins are at the front it's even better to be short of the green. Above the hole you are dead.

I think it's hole 6 - straight uphill par 4. If you get above the hole there....forget it. This is the fastest green I have experienced anywhere in LoS.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's hole 6 - straight uphill par 4. If you get above the hole there....forget it. This is the fastest green I have experienced anywhere in LoS.

Yes, i usually remember when I'm on the green when its too late. Actually I've played Bangpra loads now so generally i make sure i leave the ball short now. 18th has caught me out a few times.

Yes, i usually remember when I'm on the green when its too late. Actually I've played Bangpra loads now so generally i make sure i leave the ball short now. 18th has caught me out a few times.

Anybody played Pattavia....same same, the 18th green is wicked if you go past the pin.

Anybody played Pattavia....same same, the 18th green is wicked if you go past the pin.

The 18th green at Pattavia is the weakest point of the whole course.  There are very few spots the pin can be placed as the green has too much slope , pure & simple.

The pin is ALWAYS towards the front/middle & a putt from above the hole can still be run off the front of the green if care is not taken.

There are several greens with plenty of slope & undulations on the course , but the 18th is a waste of mowing & maintenance , because the pin spots are so limited.

The 18th green at Pattavia is the weakest point of the whole course.  There are very few spots the pin can be placed as the green has too much slope , pure & simple.

The pin is ALWAYS towards the front/middle & a putt from above the hole can still be run off the front of the green if care is not taken.

There are several greens with plenty of slope & undulations on the course , but the 18th is a waste of mowing & maintenance , because the pin spots are so limited.

Good observation mate.

I am a fairly good chipper and putter.  Playing off a 5 right now.  And I found several of Patavias greens to be difficult to read for speed and break.  I hit several chips or putts I thought would be dead in or near the pin for a tap in only to have 10 feet or more of a come back.  Baffled me I admit.  And yeah, 18 is silly.

The rest of the course is OK.  Perhaps a few holes could have trees removed that might have once been OK but have overgrown and removed legitimate shot lines.  I doubt I'll play there again soon.  The greens weren't really quick and I don't see how anyone could play them if they were fast.

Pattavia is one of my favourites. 18th isn't long so getting on in 2 or close makes up for the tricky approach shot and subsequent putts.

Pattavia is one of my favourites. 18th isn't long so getting on in 2 or close makes up for the tricky approach shot and subsequent putts.

Pattavia, right at the end of the track....a hidden gem!

Yes.  But I think bossofzip's point that the green only offers a narrow area to put the pin was right.  I mean putting it at the back I don't see how one would get the ball up there and keep it there if the greens were running fast.

If I ever do go back there I'm going to search for good advice on an experienced caddy there.  Usually I'm OK with any caddy that smiles and fixes divots.  But that course really needs some course knowledge.

Yes.  But I think bossofzip's point that the green only offers a narrow area to put the pin was right.  I mean putting it at the back I don't see how one would get the ball up there and keep it there if the greens were running fast.

If I ever do go back there I'm going to search for good advice on an experienced caddy there.  Usually I'm OK with any caddy that smiles and fixes divots.  But that course really needs some course knowledge.

I have only recently discovered Pattavia. I am told that it's an old course which Chang bought a couple of years back and that the new owners have made substantial improvements.

I have only recently discovered Pattavia. I am told that it's an old course which Chang bought a couple of years back and that the new owners have made substantial improvements.

True, built a new clubhouse, and large Changs were cheap. I think the course has been good since I've been playing it for at least last three years. Caddies are always hit and miss everywhere until you know some and book them.

True, built a new clubhouse, and large Changs were cheap. I think the course has been good since I've been playing it for at least last three years. Caddies are always hit and miss everywhere until you know some and book them.

First time I played was about a year ago (?) looked like they were still painting the clubhouse. One thing is for sure, it's a bumpy old ride down past the pineapple plantations, on the Thaigerline bus to get to Pattavia.

Yeah the clubhouse used to suck.  Now it's fine and the food in the clubhouse is fine too.  I had a decent caddy.  17 years old.  Cute.  wanted to be a good caddy.  Just not experienced on reading the greens well and I found them harder to read than normal.  Most courses I read my own and only ask the caddy as a crosscheck.  As I said, if I go back I'll be asking for any suggestions on a caddy with that skill.

Glad to hear the positives, was recommended by another also, and is one of the 8 courses booked for us to play in the next few weeks.

Yeah the clubhouse used to suck.  Now it's fine and the food in the clubhouse is fine too.  I had a decent caddy.  17 years old.  Cute.  wanted to be a good caddy.  Just not experienced on reading the greens well and I found them harder to read than normal.  Most courses I read my own and only ask the caddy as a crosscheck.  As I said, if I go back I'll be asking for any suggestions on a caddy with that skill.

Try Nin no 19 - not infallible but generally very good  :GoldenSmile1:

Pattavia caddies , as a general rule , if you want a good caddy , get a bloke .

Most of them play there , or have been there since when Jesus played fullback for Jerusalem .

Stop being the World's most hansum man for 4 hours & play golf , if you can .

Pattavia caddies , as a general rule , if you want a good caddy , get a bloke .

Most of them play there , or have been there since when Jesus played fullback for Jerusalem .

Stop being the World's most hansum man for 4 hours & play golf , if you can .

At Pattavia, and most courses, I just accept whatever caddy they provide me.  I figure old women and guy caddies need to warn a living too.  So I didn't request the 17 year old cute girl.  I didn't complain either.   :GoldenSmile1:

And I can't help it if i is ALWAYS a hansum man.  

Don't underestimate the fact that bad caddies can drag you down. Once you've had some bad ones you'll understand.

I always struggle at Emerald for some reason.

Treasure is always good,if you get off to a good start you can keep it going.

The only course where I haven't done well is Emerald.

Although we did win a scramble there back in 2002.:)

Don't underestimate the fact that bad caddies can drag you down. Once you've had some bad ones you'll understand.

I've had loads of bad caddies,never affected me.

I always struggle at Emerald for some reason.

Treasure is always good,if you get off to a good start you can keep it going.

The only course where I haven't done well is Emerald.

Although we did win a scramble there back in 2002. :)

I've had some good rounds at Emerald.  Rarely shoot my handicap at Treasure Hills.  Bangpra has my number.  

And yeah, caddies can help me but they don't drag me down.  I mean after 2-3 bad reads I'm not listening anymore anyway.  

I've had some good rounds at Emerald.  Rarely shoot my handicap at Treasure Hills.  Bangpra has my number.  

And yeah, caddies can help me but they don't drag me down.  I mean after 2-3 bad reads I'm not listening anymore anyway.

Emerald does my tits.

I love the course,just can't get it around there.Treasure Hills is ok for me.Always play well there.

Bangpra is fine too,although haven't been there in 3 seasons.

Natural Park Hills was always a really good test.What is it now?Mountain Shadow?

Emerald does my tits.

I love the course,just can't get it around there.Treasure Hills is ok for me.Always play well there.

Bangpra is fine too,although haven't been there in 3 seasons.

Natural Park Hills was always a really good test.What is it now?Mountain Shadow?

I get the two courses there mixed up.  Mountain Shadow and Crystal Bay.  I think Mountain Shadow is the old Hills course.  The tougher one.  Haven't ever played it enough to think much of it.  Greens can be a bit daunting if quick.

I guess we are all different, probably helps if someone gets loads of shots. If i haven't booked a caddy, I'm happy if they haven't got on my tits by the end of the round.

I get the two courses there mixed up. Mountain Shadow and Crystal Bay. I think Mountain Shadow is the old Hills course. The tougher one. Haven't ever played it enough to think much of it. Greens can be a bit daunting if quick.

Used to play them a lot.

Like 5/6 times each trip.

The greens on the Hills (MS) were killed with diesel by a disgruntled employee and have never been the same IMHO.

Back in the early 2000's that fucker was a really good one.

Greens were perfect.

One of the best par 5's on the planet.The big one that goes around the lake,water on the left.

Resort (CB?) is really fun.Waaay easier.Imlove them both.

I guess we are all different, probably helps if someone gets loads of shots. If i haven't booked a caddy, I'm happy if they haven't got on my tits by the end of the round.

Wish I got shots.

I'm usually giving them......tons of them.Especially over there with all the dodger handicaps that are around.

If you play golf,you should know pretty much everything to do with your game anyways.

Got a range finder?Dont need yardages.Read putts?Dont need a read.

What else do you need?

You can unscrew the top of your water bottle right?

The most important thing mine needs to know is how much Vodka,to mix with orange and soda.

Haven't had a shitty drink yet.

I'm hoping that one day caddies become optional, but it is really a dream. I have a laser and read greens well, i don't need one. In fact last year at Greenwood, nearly all the caddies were away for a tournament somewhere. So no caddies, it was bliss, round took 3.5 hours. The caddies i book are great, great at their job and are up for much more if i want.

Archived