Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

challenge- name your best value accommodation in pattaya

portfolio

a lot of posters ask for current advice on this topic, so please just state where you stay, why and of course, the cost.

my fave is diana oasis appts full service condos in central patts with pools,wifi and brekky for under 1000 baht per night,

half that if monthly/longer stay.

In the off season in stay at Pattaya Bay Resort, Rooms are nice, pool on the roof, and breakfast each morning free. Its about 1000 Baht/night. During High season i stay at 3 som bar/guesthouse or Metro Apartments on LK Metro. Good rooms and about 700B/night

I am going to stay at Areca Lodge in Aug 12. Girl friendly, good pools, good reputation, easy location. Relatively cheap price for standard room when compared to other hotels (but not the guesthouses).

There's already hundreds of threads with good accomodation advice,

A lot of people keep it quiet too, they wouldn't want their favorite spot to be fully booked for their holiday dates would they now? :GoldenSmile1:

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

A lot of people keep it quiet too, they wouldn't want their favorite spot to be fully booked for their holiday dates would they now? :GoldenSmile1:

interesting points, thanks for sticking your oar in but not pulling a stroke!!

the point of discussion forums isnt to be selfish ,thankfully.

feel free to CONTRIBUTE with these "hundreds of threads"".

sheeeeeeessh.

interesting points, thanks for sticking your oar in but not pulling a stroke!!

the point of discussion forums isnt to be selfish ,thankfully.

feel free to CONTRIBUTE with these "hundreds of threads"".

sheeeeeeessh.

I weren't being funny mate, I was just suggesting you use the search feature, and perhaps when you're in Patts, try find your own diamond in the rough, that's all. :GoldenSmile1:

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

your clearly taking the piss.

and obviously dont do irony either.

thanks to the others who plainly understood the point of this post topic.

keep em coming.

The Sheraton & the Hilton. I don't know of anywhere else that you can get real 5 star luxury with associated services for these prices. If you book in advance or use the promotions, you can get for around the 4,500 mark. Its not cheap, but for value it is excellent, particularly if you compare to Phuket or other resort areas.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

China Garden gets my vote as number 1. Good luck on getting in there though as it's nearly always booked solid.

I agree. Ask for your fav restaurant or gogo/beer bar and you get loads of suggestions. But ask for the best value accomm with the best location and it's like tumble weed (and the guy on the piano suddenly stops playing!).

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I agree. Ask for your fav restaurant or gogo/beer bar and you get loads of suggestions. But ask for the best value accomm with the best location and it's like tumble weed (and the guy on the piano suddenly stops playing!).

so you both suggesting i stfu and never bother trying a positive post?

or

carry on regardlesss hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

you reap what you sow, i find.

next suggestion please...................................

• 1 year later...

so you both suggesting i stfu and never bother trying a positive post?

or

carry on regardlesss hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

you reap what you sow, i find.

next suggestion please...................................

I don't read it as you should STFU at all, but my suggestion to you would be to stop being so sensitive & face facts that there are indeed MANY members (myself included) that act selfishly  regarding this subject!

It's called Human Nature!

I don't read it as you should STFU at all, but my suggestion to you would be to stop being so sensitive & face facts that there are indeed MANY members (myself included) that act selfishly  regarding this subject! It's called HUMAN NATURE!

I use to book accommodation at VT 6 stayed there 7 times but as of earlier this year I decided to take the plunge and get my own room works out better in the long run and you do not have to worry if its booked out. It is in Soi Buffalo costs me 7500 all up a month. While I am back home my TGF lives in it. Really happy I took the plunge. But VT 6 is the best place if your looking for accommodation imho.

Stayed previously long time ago at Areca and Pattaya Bay Resort.

Cheers

PA. 

To the OP: In terms of value for money here are my faves in 5 different price brackets ranging from 850 - 2,500THBpn (low season bargain prices quoted). I have stayed in 20+ hotels in Patts and those listed are "best in class" IMHO.

1) Amari Nova Suites - 4/5* Apart-hotel, with simply stunning modernist style, really classy and huge rooms, friendly, great breakfast and the best rooftop pool area in Patts IMHO; the location won't suit everybody, but free transport is laid on, besides if you can afford the Amari then you can afford a 50THB taxibike home from (say) LK (2,500THB, low season bargain rate)

2) LK Empress or LK Ren - first rate classy 4* hotels with really nice rooms. The Ren is best if you like LKMetro area, but for me the Empress shades it with its OTT Liberarche type furnishings, great pool area, superb breakfasts and BR location (good value low season around 2000THB)

3) Nova Gold - very classy upmarket rooms, free transport, great staff; (location for me is good, but WS regulars may not like it), the best value 4* hotel in Patts IMHO (1,300THB bargain price)

4) Pattaya Bay Resort - not quite the hotel it used to be, but still great value 3*, friendliest staff in Patts (remember your name months later), nice rooftop pool, great location, free transport, however building work going on in surrounding areas (good value 3*, low season bargains 1,000THB)

5) China garden - 4* type classy rooms with really modern bathrooms, great location for LK Metro area - however, there is no lift and guesthouses have different reception facilities from hotels (great value at 850THB)

Previously I too would have recommended Pattaya Bay Resort but at about 1500thb + weekend surcharges .. I no longer recommend it

even the monthly prices have gone up significantly to about 25,000 thb + tax + utilities

It's location is definitely it's number one seller along with the high level of security (they take girl's ID + call your room when she is leaving to make sure it is ok to let her go - I Cannot emphasise the power of this enough!! it makes me feel SUPER secure)

April Suites - 1300 baht in high seson,great 3* hotel

La Cerise guesthouse - 1400 baht in superior balcony room with good breakfast

Im usually staying at places up to 1500 baht/night so cant comment the more expensive places.

It largely depends on what you personally value - that's why there are so many favourites amongst members.

Daytimes, I like Jomtien but night I prefer Pattaya.  A location that suits is my first priority, then a room at a price less than say 2000 a night.  So mine are:

• Roof Garden Inn - 800B for a pretty decent room with an excellent bathroom.
  • Residence Garden - 1400B for a large 1 bedroom apartment with balcony. 2 pools.

Both of these are on the baht bus route between Pattaya and Jomtien.  Perfect and excellent value for me.

If its a family holiday - Nirvana Boutique Suites in Jomtien is a hidden gem.....

Captains Bar, soi Honey is a great value budget place to stay.  6 - 800 baht a night, monthly rates negotiable. Staff are really nice people too. http://www.thecaptainsbar.com

Coco Resort is the best value 3 star but it's a bit out the way. The pool is nice and gets the sun all day. TV only has news channels in English. I got a room for 750 a night over 3 weeks.

http://www.agoda.com/en-gb/cocco-resort/reviews/pattaya-th.html?type=1&site_id=1511223&url=http://www.agoda.com/cocco-resort/reviews/pattaya-th.html&adid=37874661823&network=g&adpos=1t1&expid=&rand=1691421170581724102&device=c&tag=36f7ecbc-6c5e-4a77-b5a9-80656845196c&cklg=1

Archived