IGNORED

Treatment for Muscle Tension in Upper Back

limirl

I have had this ongoing tension in my upper back especially at night time over the past 2 months. Went to my doctor and he said it is likely deep muscle issues, nothing skeletal and he suggested either a chiropractor or physical therapy.

Anyone know of any professionals that might be able to help in Pattaya, the massages in Soi Honey probably won't quite get the job done guys.

Thx.

The best Chiropractor I found in Pattaya was Dr.David Pack (American). He's located in North Pattaya. His prices are reasonable too. First Visit 1100B and every other visit after that 700B.

http://pattayachirocenter.com/

Good Luck nothing worse than a fckd back !

The best Chiropractor I found in Pattaya was Dr.David Pack (American). He's located in North Pattaya. His prices are reasonable too. First Visit 1100B and every other visit after that 700B.

http://pattayachirocenter.com/

Good Luck nothing worse than a fckd back !

Thanks I'll check him out. How many visits did you need before you got better ?

Edited by limirl

Most people I know who have been get about 3

Most people I know who have been get about 3

I already had 5 and still long way to go, though my problem is pinched nerve

I already had 5 and still long way to go, though my problem is pinched nerve

Yeah everyones body responds differently.

• 4 weeks later...

How did you get on with David Pack ? Interested to know how he diagnosed you and the treatment he gave.

I have the exact same problem and for more than 1 year now.

This is my experience.

I had tried various people back in UK - chiropractors, stretching exercises, had deep tissue massages, accupunture, and changed mattress but still nothing fixed it.

I first tried Nigel Kelsey (Pattaya Tai soi 16) and after using a combined accupunture / electro TENS machine he did get the muscles to relax so he could re-align some vertabraes which were apparently out. After 3 loud cracks, I must admit I did feel a bit better in the following days. 500 THB charge.

Then after a visit to Isaan and sleeping on possibly the worst mattress in the world I had it all again.

I couldn't get to see Nigel for 1 week (he is nearly always fully booked), so I went to see David Pack. He sent me to the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for xrays (which showed nothing) and said I have strained the muscles in my back. He treated it with a small electro TENS machine for 20 minutes and just said come back the next day. (1100 THB). The next day I went back and same treatment again for about 20 minutes during which without saying a word, he just left me in the room and went to see another patient without returning. (700 THB)

I couldn't make the next day for an appointment as requested by the receptionist as I was busy, and told her so.

"Tomorrow !!!" came the reply from Mr Pack who was obviously listening to the conversation from another room.

I paid, left and I never went back.

I already had my own TENS machine so I couldn't see the point in paying him 700 baht to do something I could do myself. It relieves the pain a bit but it isn't a cure.

I have now had an MRI scan at Phythai Hospital Si Racha, which again came back all clear. (12800 THB)

So I am now taking Norgesic muscle relaxents (pharmacy prescribed) and will try to get back to see Nigel Kelsey again next week if possible, unless anyone else can make a reccomendation.

How did you get on with David Pack ? Interested to know how he diagnosed you and the treatment he gave.

I have the exact same problem and for more than 1 year now.

This is my experience.

I had tried various people back in UK - chiropractors, stretching exercises, had deep tissue massages, accupunture, and changed mattress but still nothing fixed it.

I first tried Nigel Kelsey (Pattaya Tai soi 16) and after using a combined accupunture / electro TENS machine he did get the muscles to relax so he could re-align some vertabraes which were apparently out. After 3 loud cracks, I must admit I did feel a bit better in the following days. 500 THB charge.

Then after a visit to Isaan and sleeping on possibly the worst mattress in the world I had it all again.

I couldn't get to see Nigel for 1 week (he is nearly always fully booked), so I went to see David Pack. He sent me to the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for xrays (which showed nothing) and said I have strained the muscles in my back. He treated it with a small electro TENS machine for 20 minutes and just said come back the next day. (1100 THB). The next day I went back and same treatment again for about 20 minutes during which without saying a word, he just left me in the room and went to see another patient without returning. (700 THB)

I couldn't make the next day for an appointment as requested by the receptionist as I was busy, and told her so.

"Tomorrow !!!" came the reply from Mr Pack who was obviously listening to the conversation from another room.

I paid, left and I never went back.

I already had my own TENS machine so I couldn't see the point in paying him 700 baht to do something I could do myself. It relieves the pain a bit but it isn't a cure.

I have now had an MRI scan at Phythai Hospital Si Racha, which again came back all clear. (12800 THB)

So I am now taking Norgesic muscle relaxents (pharmacy prescribed) and will try to get back to see Nigel Kelsey again next week if possible, unless anyone else can make a reccomendation.

Cut a long story short I have had problems for many years until I went to see a osteopath back home , within the 1st visit he said my hips were out, he litterally whacked them back into position and ever since then I have been gr8, this was many years ago, I was in bkk in 2009/10? saw a lady at Raintree massage ( 1600 -1 hr) and I have been even better since my osteopath visit all those years ago. I was in patts 2 weeks ago, in 16 days i had 4 maybe 5 massages ( no happy ending ) and feel great, as my back tends to tighten slightly after a few months of no massage etc. Buy yourself a good supportive bed to start with.

Cheers

PA

whatever your age try yoga it will help go and do it now and tell the teacher your problem ,i know i am awaiting cervical fusion without the option of disc replacement ,im at a very low point in my life now and wish i had your problem,but yoga helps and will probably cure your condition due to the stretching of these tight muscles that is causing you this problem.

good luck

I have had this ongoing tension in my upper back especially at night time over the past 2 months. Went to my doctor and he said it is likely deep muscle issues, nothing skeletal and he suggested either a chiropractor or physical therapy.

Anyone know of any professionals that might be able to help in Pattaya, the massages in Soi Honey probably won't quite get the job done guys.

Thx.

i suffer with a bad back i really feel for you nothing worse than pain in the back,i think if its just muscle have a hot bath daily and keep the weight of it and some anti-inflam pills if it does not go after a week or so you dont have muscle pain its going to be more than that,

• 3 months later...

I think ..you have to take regular massage. Back pain is a common disease so no need to be worried just consult with any physiotherapist.

Get well soon!