IGNORED

iphone 4 any use in Pattaya

socrates

Quick story

Ex wife had an iphone 4 turn up in her name she signed for it

She never ordered it

Someone has committed identity fraud and was hoping to intercept it before it got to her - or turn up and tell her they were there to collect the iphone sent to her by mistake - common scams

Contacted Orange told her to post it back

On my advice she told them if they want it they can collect it - and the person had to provide id and password - or send her a prepaid packet to post it back - she was not going to run around after them

They told her they would send her a prepay parcel/packet to return it

2 months later nothing has happened

Simple question - is this phone of any use in Pattaya?

I am sure it is barred in the UK

By the way its not a stolen phone I am being offered or anything like that

Thanks in advance

I believe if you get it unlocked you can use a thai sim card in it no problems. Just take it to a cell phone store and ask them if it is already unlocked, if it is then it will work with a thai sim card.

As lloydb said, you can use it in Thailand if you have it unlocked. I'm no longer up to date with iPhone firmware versions and jailbreaking/unlocking as I've been using an Android phone for a year now.

If you don't feel like doing all the homework to find out if your phone and iOS version is unlockable and jailbreak/unlock it yourself, bring it with you to Thailand, go to MBK or Tuckom and have it unlocked there. Once it's unlocked, you'll be able to use it with any SIM card.

Be Sods Law at some stage they will catch up with you / her as it is on record somewhere

Best plan to cough up for Phone at maybe some stage

As I in a good mood I shall give you a tip 5555

Send a small package via recorded mail. Put nothing in it and no sender address keep receipt so if ever asked you have proof 5555

Heard this works but Old Ghosty is much too Honest to of tried this 5554444

The iphone 4 uses one of those stupid little sim cards so you need to get a special one to use it.Take it to Toucom and i’m sure they will sort you out.

http://youtu.be/Wy88d7N2bV0

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire