IGNORED

JetStar sold to Vietnam-Aussie airline

badboybilly

I see news today.......Aussie Airline...owned by Qantas......JETSTAR , has sold its majority share to Vietnam.

Some of you fly Jetstar because its a budget airline.

Qantas says Vietnam Airlines is buying the majority stake in its Jetstar Pacific brand from Vietnam State Capital Investment Corporation.

The new partnership will inject $25 million into the brand, which will be used to increase the low-cost carrier's fleet of aircraft.

Under the arrangement, Qantas' stake in Jetstar Pacific also will increase, from 27 per cent to 30 per cent.

Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce said the deal was the latest stage of the company's "dual brand" strategy.

"We are confident this partnership between a low-cost carrier and a full-service airline in Vietnam can replicate the success of our Qantas and Jetstar strategy in Australia, and follows our recent partnership with Japan Airlines to form Jetstar Japan," Mr Joyce said.

Some of the comments people made.....

.who is buying who??? Insolvent Viet Air is buying bankrupting Jet Star... I am going stupid - I dont get this.

.and now he can use viet airstaff at viet wages to fly jetstar in and around Australia!!!! Smart mr.joyce.

.Viet-Nam Airlines coming in as part owner of Jetstar??? NOT a good idea. Asians have no concept of safety as we know it and this will spell disaster in Australian air safety. Why is Alan Joyce so intent on destroying Australia's national carrier (QANTAS) and it's low cost arm (Jetstar).

Edited by badboybilly