Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Christmas flights man-bkk

na-rak86

hi i'm looking at flying 21st dec to 20th jan this christmas and just looked at the prices they're £918 i've payed £470 for april and usually pay around £500/550 for november. what are the going rates for these dates? should i wait till after the budget? are the airlines predicting a higher increase in air passenger duty than is likely? when flying at this time of year is it better to book a week before?

i know someone here will be able to offer some advice. Thank to you all in advance.

Just had a quick search and yes Manchester around £950 whereas LHR around £717. Your problem is your departure date as it is peak time and flights are genuinely more expensive between 10th December and 15th January. My advice at those Manchester prices is to wait as it is just over the top. :GoldenSmile1:

I was looking at flights over this Christmas and they was coming out at around £1200 from Manchester, so £950 not too bad for the dates you want

I was looking at flights over this Christmas and they was coming out at around £1200 from Manchester, so £950 not too bad for the dates you want

Last Christmas i paid for a flight leaving on the 2nd December 2011 and reurning on the 2nd January 2012 I Paid £650 Direct with Thai Airways (booked June 2011), my mate went out on the 12th December and returned 5th January 2012 and paid £730 (booked June 2011) Direct with Eva Air so i would say £950 is EXPENSIVE and it is not even DIRECT. :Think1:

so 650-750 is a ball mark i take it then?

if your getting figures like 1200 try travelsupermarket.com or kayak.co.uk

Yes i use both of those but also try sky scanner. Cheap flights | Free flight comparison from Skyscanner.net

I too am are currently looking for Christmas as well and the best price i have found from LHR on 7th December and return on 2nd January 2013 is £695 Direct with Eva Air and found through sky scanner today. So based on todays figures and previous trips no more than £800 IMO. :GoldenSmile1:

Ideally I want to travel 21st dec to 20th jan too but know there is a premium for travelling the Friday before Christmas. I have travelled on the 25th twice in the last 3 years and the costs drops anywhere between £100 & £200. I am waiting for prices to hopefully drop a little when Emirates give prices on their website, but Etihad have been the best price for the last 3 Christmases.

£647 for those dates from LHR on Royal Jordanian. Leave 16:00, arrive 14:00 UK on the return £20 on the train back to MAN is doable for the saving in air fare.

I got arsed raped in Dec 09 because I waited to the last min to book my flights - £1050 (cattle class) with Quantas was the best I could get.....

• 1 month later...

just payed for my xmas flights,£790 with qatar airways.manchester~doha~bkk.fly out on 24th dec,arrive, 25th. 11am. fly home on 10th jan,its the 1st time ive gone with qatar,are they any good?

last year i went with royal jordanian from heathrow and had 6 hours stopover at amman on the way back,didnt want to do that again.

Edited by ljc

I have been Xmas 10 and Xmas 11 - paid £970 and £1066... Etihad & Emirates, wouldn't go with anyone else.

I would book now because as you get closer to your dates you will start getting offered stupid layover times like 10+ hrs etc on return leg, believe me, returning home, waiting 10+ hrs for your next flight somewhere in the Middle East (Abu Dhabi/Dubai) is not nice.

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

just payed for my xmas flights,£790 with qatar airways.manchester~doha~bkk.fly out on 24th dec,arrive, 25th. 11am. fly home on 10th jan,its the 1st time ive gone with qatar,are they any good?

last year i went with royal jordanian from heathrow and had 6 hours stopover at amman on the way back,didnt want to do that again.

i have flown qatar many times and can say they are an excellant airline to fly with , they are currently the no 1 airline and i think have been for the last couple of years , in my opinion you can not go wrong with the 3 major arab carriers , Emirates, Etihad or Qatar , i would say the only downside is when you land at doah you are then bussed to the terminal which sometimes seems to take ages

£647 for those dates from LHR on Royal Jordanian. Leave 16:00, arrive 14:00 UK on the return £20 on the train back to MAN is doable for the saving in air fare.

i have flown qatar many times and can say they are an excellant airline to fly with , they are currently the no 1 airline and i think have been for the last couple of years , in my opinion you can not go wrong with the 3 major arab carriers , Emirates, Etihad or Qatar , i would say the only downside is when you land at doah you are then bussed to the terminal which sometimes seems to take ages

I believe the new terminal in Doha is now open or very soon to be which will remove the Bussing option they have to use at the moment.

I believe the new terminal in Doha is now open or very soon to be which will remove the Bussing option they have to use at the moment.

Understand the new Doha Airport opens on 12th December 2012

Understand the new Doha Airport opens on 12th December 2012

Ah my apologies........

Think I assumed it had been December last.

what about everyone getting a list of people and charter a plane could work out alot cheaper

• 1 month later...

Qatar are first class never had any problems with them

what is your stop over time ? if it is under 90 minutes it can be a bit of a rush

when you clear customs take left at the flight info screens up the stairs

and the gate for BKK should be on the left

if you have a few hours to kill book a pass for the Qatar lounge [ Oryx lounge ] before you leave

can be booked http://loungepass.com

it is up the same stairs on the right hand side and you will not be far from the BKK gate

And on the sixth day God Created Bobby Moore

I just booked up at the weekend for my xmas trip, cheapest i got from glasgow with decent flights was £1088, flying with emirates leaving on the 20dec and coming back 5jan.

There are no chicks with dicks, only guys with tits  :D

Have ended up paying £765 for Dec 23rd to Jan 19 with FinnAir (MAN - HEL- BKK). Travelled last 3 Xmases with Etihad, but just that little too dear this year.

Have ended up paying £765 for Dec 23rd to Jan 19 with FinnAir (MAN - HEL- BKK). Travelled last 3 Xmases with Etihad, but just that little too dear this year.

Thats a decent price that, i would have been as well trying to book something from manchester and just get the train down from here, would have saved myself a couple of hundred quid. Im gonna look into doing that my next trip.

There are no chicks with dicks, only guys with tits  :D

• 4 weeks later...

. 599 man to bkk 21dec back 19 jan Lufthansa book in fab the wise miser come on

I just booked up at the weekend for my xmas trip, cheapest i got from glasgow with decent flights was £1088, flying with emirates leaving on the 20dec and coming back 5jan.. Is it a380 top flight

I got arsed raped in Dec 09 because I waited to the last min to book my flights - £1050 (cattle class) with Quantas was the best I could get.....

Book in feb 4 dec