g1k1w1

Hi all

Im gonna book today 1 week in may

What tower or wing should I ask for?. Is there any differance

Cheers and thanks

Nice 'n' sleazy

Nice 'n' sleazy does it

Does it every time.

Has Areca Lodge got a fitness center? If yes how about their equipments? Pretty basic ones like treadmill, cardio etc. or the equipments that I am looking for like bench, weights, excercise machines.. Thank you.

Actually I booked this hotel for 10 days via booking.com but even it says there is a fitness center I couldn't see any photo about the equipments. Has anyone got their gyming center photos?

My other question is, some say this hotel is girl friendly and some say not. As you guess GF hotel is my preference. My online reservation is for 2 people deluxe room in booking.com but I will get there alone. Can I bring girl(s) without any problem to my room? Are there any restrictions in Areca Lodge?

Has Areca Lodge got a fitness center? If yes how about their equipments? Pretty basic ones like treadmill, cardio etc. or the equipments that I am looking for like bench, weights, excercise machines.. Thank you.

Gday I stayed there recently a few months back. There are two fitness rooms at Areca, one belonging to the Areca Lodge and the other Evergreen. Incidentally, Evergreen is not a wing as such but is supposed to be a separate hotel (but same owners and the facilities are shared) and therefore being newer is more expensive. However all the rooms have been renovated based on my last two stays, and are a significant improvement over what Areca Lodge used to be a few years back. This also explains why there are TWO pools, TWO fitness rooms etc, TWO restaurants etc.

I own a gym In New Zealand so I can say with experience that the two Gyms are very basic, under equipped, and poorly maintained. However, they DO at least have one treadmill, and thankfully some reasonably large dumb bells (and one bench from memory). This is an area they really should invest some baht into as the facilities are embarrassing. Incidentally the best hotel gym I have every seen is Dynasty Grande in Bangkok, almost fully equipped! Shame they charge 500 baht for casuals.

There are NO alternatives for Gyms in the area of Areca except Tonys on Third Road or of course, walking distance cutting through Evergreen to Avenue and California Wow, but its also ridiculously expensive for casuals and not really an option for short term.

Edited by Christie

I found Areca to be overpriced for below par rooms. We paid 1400 when we stayed, but better rooms are available for 1000 elsewhere.

I found Areca to be overpriced for below par rooms. We paid 1400 when we stayed, but better rooms are available for 1000 elsewhere.

I have booked 9 days DeluxeRoom for 15750 Baht. I usually consider the guest reviews in travel agency web sites and majority of them says Areca is quite safe for electronics, not far to the Walking Street and also this hotel is GF. I hope so :)

Actually I booked this hotel for 10 days via booking.com but even it says there is a fitness center I couldn't see any photo about the equipments. Has anyone got their gyming center photos?

My other question is, some say this hotel is girl friendly and some say not. As you guess GF hotel is my preference. My online reservation is for 2 people deluxe room in booking.com but I will get there alone. Can I bring girl(s) without any problem to my room? Are there any restrictions in Areca Lodge?

Areca charge a joiner fee for a 2nd girl. Also, they will not allow you to bring back any girl aged under 20. So, not very girl friendly. There are much better and friendlier choices in the area.

3 threads on this page alone, try search function above right.

I would go for girl friendly, everytime. Thats what I'm in Patts for basically.

I've a heard a couple of stories about Areca - people trying to smuggle girls in and such,and as brewster says above there's the under 20 rule.

This is the law in thailand apparently, as a pal of mine had a girl back in his room at the Chang Tong Place on 3rd road and security banged on the door telling him she's got to go. She was under 20 and as such is only allowed in the room for 2 hours maximum in law.

I find the whole joiner fee thing a liberty too, especially with the prices they charge anyway.

I would go for girl friendly, everytime. Thats what I'm in Patts for basically.

I've a heard a couple of stories about Areca - people trying to smuggle girls in and such,and as brewster says above there's the under 20 rule.

This is the law in thailand apparently, as a pal of mine had a girl back in his room at the Chang Tong Place on 3rd road and security banged on the door telling him she's got to go. She was under 20 and as such is only allowed in the room for 2 hours maximum in law.

I find the whole joiner fee thing a liberty too, especially with the prices they charge anyway.

No it isn't.

No it isn't.

Could you enlighten us on your 3 word retort?

Please note my usage of the word 'apparently'. I'm only going on my pal telling me (a 25+ year Pattaya and Bangkok monger) that security banged his door and his girl had to leave as only 18.

just returned from areca. great place, clean, smiling staff, good breakfast, girl friendly-over20, all L.K. hotels have the same policy. i am looking at rebooking areca, as i had a great time there. very nice pools as well. and great security.

Could you enlighten us on your 3 word retort?

Please note my usage of the word 'apparently'. I'm only going on my pal telling me (a 25+ year Pattaya and Bangkok monger) that security banged his door and his girl had to leave as only 18.

Brewster is correct the law states that the girl must be 18+.

Some hotels reserve the right to allow girls 20+

I have stopped at Areca a god few times and found it to be a good hotel, the 20+ rule is no problem for me as i prefer them a bit older

They have a gym there but i cannot comment as i took my exercise upstairs

Brewster is correct the law states that the girl must be 18+.

Some hotels reserve the right to allow girls 20+

I have stopped at Areca a god few times and found it to be a good hotel, the 20+ rule is no problem for me as i prefer them a bit older

They have a gym there but i cannot comment as i took my exercise upstairs

I know they have to be 18 plus. Read my post.

Why the hell say "no it isn't" without any explanation? Whats the point?

I was just correcting you on a point of fact. That's the point.

I was just correcting you on a point of fact. That's the point.

No you didn't

If your Pattaya dream is a threesome with a couple of 19 year olds then the Areca Lodge definitely isn't the hotel for you. :GoldenSmile1:

When I stayed there I thought you got a decent room, a great location at a good price.

The one thing that stood out for me at the Areca Lodge was the pool area. So if having a nice pool to lounge around in the afternoon is important for you, then the Areca is a good choice for you

Having reread your post my above post still stands, except for the joiner fee imo they are quite within their rights to charge

for a third person as the room is generally for two persons.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/94510-room-at-areca-lodge-or-room-at-tfhe-evergreen/page__hl__evergreen__fromsearch__1

no one seems prepared to actually answer a civil question, sorry bout that,.

never stayed there, but try the search function above right that has 255 linked thread results to Areca Lodge.

gl and hope you get answers you asked for, rather than the peurile drivel this thread descended too.

or here tutorial if required

http://www.pattaya-a...ose-your-hotel/

Edited by portfolio