IGNORED

Golden Beach Hotel, better not to go

footopic

I have stayed Golden Beach Hotel last year in April. I do not recommend you to go because they want very high rate of joiner fee which was 600 Baht.

They are racist also, they throw out me from Indian Breakfast area because I am not Indian. This is unacceptable, don't you think that it is racism?

I have stayed there 1 week and no room service, even cleaning in one day!...

They lost my room key and wanted extra money from me because of this.

Please don't go there, it is located in 2nd road.

At least they let you in the go gos, Not much good calling the racist card in Thailand. But thanks for the warning.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Sounds like a real bad hotel, I just came back and stayed at Four Seasons Place on 3rd rd 5 min walk to LK Metro great place No Joiner fee's staff collect ID's Room always clean room service works and on final check out all that was charged to the room was detailed and right on the money!!! going back there next year for a month

• 3 weeks later...

realy bed experience with this hotel in term of security.

someone can enter your room and grab your valuables.

must be done by internal staff but hotel got no clue to cover it.

definately not recommended.

Thanks for the tips... Hated the hotel with Joiner's fee, 600 baht is a lot for those who stayed for 3 weeks stay, Imagine if you took the L/T in there everynight for 3 weeks, the total cost of the Joiner's fee would be be 12,000 bt excluding BF and L/T is unthinkable...

It's good to know the hotels which charge the joiner fees, so thanks for this post and I can cross this hotel off my "possibly" list.

I got stung in Phuket once at the Andaman Beach Suites hotel. Was already paying 1000 baht per night, the place was awful and on top of that the JF was another 1000 baht! I was livid with the place.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked it recently. Now with your post I just caneled.

Thanks

I booked it recently. Now with your post I just caneled.

Thanks

I have stayed Golden Beach Hotel last year in April. I do not recommend you to go because they want very high rate of joiner fee which was 600 Baht.

They are racist also, they throw out me from Indian Breakfast area because I am not Indian. This is unacceptable, don't you think that it is racism?

I have stayed there 1 week and no room service, even cleaning in one day!...

They lost my room key and wanted extra money from me because of this.

Please don't go there, it is located in 2nd road.

I agree that sounds racist. But many thais are racists. What is so special about Indian breakfast. Is it some religious thing or why would they not allow you as a paying guest in there?

I wonder why you stayed as a long as a week as it sounds rather bad.

Thanks for the warning anyway.

I wish I had seen this a couple of weeks ago!

Recently booked in for 10 nights there but left after 3. All 3 nights had a LT so that set me back 1800 bht just to fill the hotels pockets with more of my money. I found the staff really rude as well, only interested in the tour groups that stay there. They asked why I was leaving, i told them I was cutting my stay short in Pattaya, then went to a joiner friendly hotel for rest of my stay.

I am successfully earning money online. I've joined a company that doesn't make promises it can't deliver. A fun and free programme, no bullshit about millions in a day, this is a long-term steady income stream. Join my team today -----http://www.joinmySFIteam.com/15440766.5075

Excuse my ignorance but what is a "joiner fee",I have stayed in hotels in Thailand,on and off for the last 26 years and have never come across this!

Please enlighten!

Crunchie

Excuse my ignorance but what is a "joiner fee",I have stayed in hotels in Thailand,on and off for the last 26 years and have never come across this!

Please enlighten!

A joiner fee is what you pay the hotel to take a guest to your room for the night.

You have done well to have not come across it for 26 years :WinkGrin1:

Edited by Gnet

Seems crazy that any hotel in Pattaya would charge a joiner fee.

Seems crazy that any hotel in Pattaya would charge a joiner fee.

Not only golden beach hotel, there are few more actually. Those hotels claims they are `FAMILY FRIENDLY'.

Better to check before booking wheather the hotel is Girl friendly or not.

Not only golden beach hotel, there are few more actually. Those hotels claims they are `FAMILY FRIENDLY'.

Better to check before booking wheather the hotel is Girl friendly or not.

worst hotel , even what they say Indian breakfast is not any quality food. very rough at service though being in service industry. just Indians who are newbie get it booked, no repeaters for sure