Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Have you eaten any bug, frog etc. from street

footopic

oh yeah a word of advice

DO NOT eat the fermented fish that they like in the sticks

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• footopic

• pubstud

• jumpman233345

• jgaskin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I nlike the bull ants and the grasshoppers...most of the time I am so drunk I forgot that I ate them...next morning after a dump you will see the ant wings floating on the surface of the pan even after a flush...a nasty reminder but I still go back for more..!

• 4 weeks later...

I tried most. My fav is the fried grasshopper. It would be really healty if it wasent for the type of cooking oil they use. Would be awesome to get some of these fresh. Olive oil would probably give them a fantastic taste. Bon apetite.

I am a big fan of the frogs. Love them and taste salty with a good texture. Really ace with a good cold beer. I want to try the ants and the grasshoppers next time and i love doing that kind of stuff. Food is food it is just nourishment for the body. Makes me laugh when people say a grasshopper is disgusting but tuck i to a piece of black pudding with their english breakfast. Now that really is disgusting.

It is all about perception and if it taste good and is healthy why not?

never tried anything of that sort ... i am not a big fan as well , so shall not try ...

I tried some beetles the other day and they were actually pretty good, they just tasted like a deep fried snack. Then one of the girls told me that they were full of eggs... She ripped one open and showed me, and I just about barfed all over the bar.

I have never been to thailand but I very much doubt that I would eat any insects or bugs. Im afraid that would just make me to sick and spoil the time there

On my balcony on soi Chaiyapoon I saw a bug cart coming so I raced down to the street and ordered some frogs, got a taste for them on my first trip.

There were 15 massage girls watching me so I ate one just to prove they were for me. the girls did ask if I was buying for someone else, when I said they were for me I felt like they began to see me as a real person as they began to talk to me every day about everything but a massage!!

Another time on soi Buakhow across from the market my lt GF bought everything except snake from the cart and she made me try everything...she tells me I think too much and when I think about the bugs they go down hard, when I not think too much they actually are pretty good....so she sneakily taught me how to relax and not think so much.....

My last night we finally found a scorpion, kind of tasteless and rock hard...but at least I tried it 555

enjoy the picture

frog.jpg

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves!!

Shared a bag of mixed bugs on Sukhumvit Rd near Nana with Gogo girl from Spankys, tasted ok until i went on the pot next morning and inspected the contents. The things you do pissed.!

I HAVE SPENT MOST OF MY MONEY ON PATTAYA WOMEN, BEER AND FLYING BACK AND FORWARDS TO LOS

THE REST I'VE SQUANDERED!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Mixed bugs very nice with a beer. I understood only after the third time try as and Durian.

Great thread! Yeah, I fancy myself an adventurer when it comes to anything culinary, and I REFUSE to eat falang food while in country, as I more or less live off street food. A short list of crazy things I've tried:

snails -- not as good as traditional escargot, but doable

grasshoppers -- taste exactly like sunflower seeds in the shell

scorpions -- taste like grasshoppers, but with crunchier shells

frogs -- taste like chicken (really!), but VERY salty

grubs -- the only food item I truly disliked. Tasted mealy, and "popped" in my mouth... nasty!

ants w/chile, onions, etc -- my hands-down favorite. I would eat these in the States if they were available

waterbugs -- nondescript, and very salty, like eating a saladito except that it wasn't sour

crickets -- had once, forgot what they taste like. All I remember is that they weren't bad. Sometimes the vendors sell them mixed in with the ants

chicken hearts, livers, guts, etc. -- hearts are definitely the best IMO, followed by intestines. Livers were doable, but not my favorite. I don't care for the Thai version of chicken feet, as I feel the Chinese version is much better

whole, fried gobies over rice -- found at a Thai food court in BKK, near the MBK Mall. Tasted like deep-fried fish, except very spicy

sum tam (sp?) -- self-explanatory for the initiated. The stuff burned a fucking hole through me, and gave me the shits for half a day

shark-fin soup -- had in Chinatown, BKK. Didn't see what the big deal was, and only tried it because it's now illegal in the US

steamed crab eggs -- very fishy. I didn't particularly care for them

candied quail egg yolks -- absolutely loved these! Was served alongside some type of custard dish

And of course, I enjoy the noodles, curries, fried bananas, and other less exotic things. Thailand is at once food and poon paradise, and it always seems like there's something new just around the corner.

No and I just can't see me doing it either. :SoWhat1:

Find someone who you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. You have to try, because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived. - Meet Joe Black

Until Then......

www.dancewatchers.com

http://www.devilsdenthailand.com

http://www.lolitapattaya.com/

• 1 month later...

Yes i tried frogs,grasshoppers and worms...i like only frog legs, worms an Ghoppers are not for me ...

I tasted the crickets and grasshoppers. They were not bad. But the ants were too spicy.

bug1.jpgbug2.jpg

I thought i would try some insects whilst in Pattaya, but we head ruled.. Why eat some bug when i can eat some lovely Thai beef curry :)

I have eaten crickets and grasshoppers. Grasshoppers were disgusting, just too many sharp bits to get stuck in your mouth and didn't taste of anything really.

Had crickets in cambodia, and they put some seasoning on them that honestly tasted EXACTLY like walkers cheese and onion crisps. Was with a BG who I'd gone with a previous night, she had a bag of them and basically forced one in my mouth and it was really nice. Ate loads of em. Still a few weird hard bits at the end, but they washed down with a beer.

Have read though that you have to be careful if you plan on eating a lot of them. They kill the things by spraying some sort of Poison into a box that they then breathe in and die. Apparently there is still some of the Poison in them so if you eat a lot it can make you ill.

Also an interesting fact apparently Thailand is the biggest consumer of bugs in the world and cambodia is the biggest producer, so a lot of the bugs you eat are cambodian.

And there ends my bug facts.

"If you can't be a good example... be a horrible warning."

Bugs are no problem have them every time i go to a market try eating a fish in Iraq never again

delicous, but for the bigger ones you need some girl to open them for you

beats chips and nuts in my opinion

• 2 weeks later...

they all kinda taste the same to me... fun to try but i'm not a big fan of deep fried stuff

this was taken around last Halloween, apparently from what I was told by the girl I was with is that the guy looks familiar to a famous Thai singer or something like that... I'm not a fan of eating bugs but you'd be surprised what a beautiful girl can get you to do and if I remember correctly it tasted kind of like a somewhat stale BBQ flavored potato chip w/ wings and legs of course if that makes any sense.

DSC01250m.jpg

"Picky girls, don't get picked... simple as that."“It's a funny feeling being taken under the wing of a dragon, it's warmer than you'd thinkâ€