IGNORED

Have you eaten any bug, frog etc. from street

footopic

I have seen many weird food on the streets but I did not have enough courage to taste any of it. Have you ever eaten those bugs,scorpion,frog and any other insects?

Do you think it makes you ill?

bugs.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• footopic

• pubstud

• Steven B'stard

• thinkingallowed

i was in bar on soi Diana this girl brought a bag of bugs for the both of us to share.

tasted nice little on the chewy side, i thing they was deep fried in oil.

Dayo...

Yeah, had a bag of mixed bugs many a time, nice with a beer and goes down well with the girls when you get a nice selection for the bar.

IMG_1921 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1922.JPG

had a pizza in Phuket with frogs among the toppings, not very nice though, tried a few bugs, not to my liking

Stevie

Ya they are pretty tasty like most things deep fried in oil, ate all kinds of frogs and bugs from the carts and never got sick. Don't eat them much these days though the GF and I got tired of them I guess.

They all taste fine although the cockroaches/large beetles were a little to meaty for my liking. The Grasshoppers are great with a beer , but my favourites are ants which are fried up with lemongrass and chilli...never been ill from eating them

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Ive tried the grasshoppers, tasted like hay... Quite boring really. Tried the larva thingies, not too bad actually but I'd rather buy peanuts. Tried a black, boiled waterbeetle thingy, not too good. Very strange taste from that one and nothing I would try again.

One individuals freedom ends where another individuals freedom begins.

I had one of those big Waterbug looking things. Not much taste other than salty. The texture was a little strange though. lol

We go frog gigging where I live so thats no big deal. Taste like chicken It's fun to peel their pants off and throw them in some hot salted oil then watch them jump around. :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by wetwillie

Yes I have. Did not taste anything special.

yep tried them and in fact don't mind them (apart from the little grub things) with a nice bottle of singha :GoldenSmile1: ......Scorpions on the other hand are fuckin rank!!! got to try it, but never again , eeeeewwwwwww!!

Posted Image

The best of them all are the grasshoppers, they are really good with a cold beer.

Better than chips or peanuts I reckon.

Tried the rest but just don't like them, some are really bad, really.

iv never tried the bugs but was in a bar on soi 8 and my bar fine dissapered and came back with chicken feet, i had a taste of one it was just like the skin off a chicken breast. never heard of anyone else mentioning them tho, has anyone else tried them?

iv never tried the bugs but was in a bar on soi 8 and my bar fine dissapered and came back with chicken feet, i had a taste of one it was just like the skin off a chicken breast. never heard of anyone else mentioning them tho, has anyone else tried them?

yep not in thailand tho ... I have had them in a chinese restaurant here in england (liverpool) with an old X chinese GF

(chicken feet in black bean sauce it was)

quite nice when you forget what your eating , not possible for some 5555

Posted Image

I've tried em but they so damn greasy and I suspect they fried in the shittiest old used-up oil sold out the back doors of Tesco or Big C.

I don't mind the mangdaer flavour when it's used in a chilly dip (nam prik mangdaer)

Down South (HatYai) you get the snake shops - snake blood, snake meat, snake organs, Chinks from S'Pore & KL eat the snake's penis, gives em big sex urges.

Duno about off the Street Mate 5555 but from food carts yes

I think in over 30 yrs eaten and tried all Thailand has to offer some good some plain feckin horrid

It is normally a girl that offer or buys it and in my drunken state I taste or eat it

If you see somebody eating something ask to try it they won't refuse you

Another reason when back in your room to get them to wash that black nasty shit out of their teeth not a pretty site 5555

I always see them carts in soi Chaiyaphum, selling the fried bugs and bees and grasshoppers, but I keep going down the soi to the Subway and have a nice tuna and cheese roll.

On my 2nd trip to Patts, I woke up drunk in the middle of the night feeling sick so I ran to the toilet to throw up...

When I looked in the toilet, I noticed all kinds of bug legs and bodies floating in the water...

I freaked out because I was so pissed that I did not remember anything that happened that night......

I thought that I had some kind of stomach infestation!!

Eventually I figured it out :GoldenSmile1:

We're not here for a long time

Just a good time !

Have tried a few, ants were the best with a little nam pla

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

Had the bugs two trips back and got food poisioning, was laid up for 3 days. Not nice. I had them before with no problem and think that they may have not been cooked enough. Anyway, will not try again.

I tried a Grasshopper in The Lovely Bar at the bottom of Soi 7 one night, it's wings got stuck up around my top gums and was hard to swallow...never again, well not when sober at least.

Those one of the things i will never be able to do. It's a psychological matter for me, just thinking of putting this insect in my mouth can make me puke. I know that for some asian people those bugs are snacks like Pringles for us so i guess the culture differences are a big factor too. Bahhh those pictures reminds me Fear Factor...