IGNORED

Best Value Under 2k Baht per night

petertaylor

Hi Guys,

I am over for a week from 20th march.

I've stayed at LK Renaissance, Areca Lodge and Residence Garden in the past - prices varied between 1500 baht (RG) and 2800 (Renaissance on my 1st trip). Want quiet, good a/c and wirelss, not interested in breakfast as rarely up.

I like RG but it is a pain in the ass getting the lady home at 2.00 in the morning because of the baht bus drivers trying to screw you.

Thinking of the Pattaya Bay (support PA) or Nova Platinum - they have a deal upgrading to de luxe for under 2k per night. Which would you choose and why?

Many thanks.

Peter

you spend 2k a night on a hotel room but worry about 150-200baht on a baht bus to get you home?

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

you spend 2k a night on a hotel room but worry about 150-200baht on a baht bus to get you home?

+1 :Agree1: .... For you to avoid Bahtbus, Royal Palace hotel opposite Royal Garden 2nd Road..

I don't "worry" about it, just don't see why I should pay it.

Thanks for answeing the question asked - real value added.

Peter

+1 :Agree1: .... For you to avoid Bahtbus, Royal Palace Hotel opposite Royal Garden 2nd Road..

Have you stayed there lately jocky? I did at the end of last year and have to say it turned out to be a major disappointment. Needs a lot of maintenance work and nobody seemed to care. It might be a good place to stay to avoid baht buses but, until they get their act together, I will avoid it.

Sandy Spring gets my vote on Soi 13. It is a great location and quiet during the day. No breakfast but like you said who is up for that!!!!

Deluxe Seaview room is 1900 Baht and if you get membership card at check in then it drops to 1600 per night. Great views of harbour. Ask for floor 5 and up. Wifi worked fine....

I would walk to Walking Street (15min) on beach road which is always entertaining. If you cant be arsed to walk back get the baht bus which drops you off on 2nd road.

Enjoy

Have you stayed there lately jocky? I did at the end of last year and have to say it turned out to be a major disappointment. Needs a lot of maintenance work and nobody seemed to care. It might be a good place to stay to avoid baht buses but, until they get their act together, I will avoid it.

Yeah ,i was in 2006, did not know it went downhill... thanks for the head up...

If you haven't already then maybe consider the Pattaya Bay Resort as Brewster says - reasonable value, no hassles, fun staff and perfect location (unless your a die hard walking st fanatic).

You can get a pretty nice condo for 2k (or even a lot less). Since I tried a couple from Dancewatchers a few years ago I've only used hotels for occasional ST rooms.

Worth your time to do some searches on the board and check out some owners' websites. I'll also say that View Talay 6 (next to Central Festival Mall on Beach Rd) is my favorite location in town - and for a lot less than 2k/night.

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

Jocky when we make posts it might be better if we added more details. 2006 is six years ago. A lot can change in six years. You could have said you stayed there six years ago and it was ok but you are not sure about today. Then we might have people responding with more current data. Just making a posting with out of date data is worthless. Maybe you can think about this with your future posts.

Thanks.

I always liked the Whitehouse Condotel on Soi 13. Let me know if you are interested in a condo.

Edited by altec123

You can get a pretty nice condo for 2k (or even a lot less). Since I tried a couple from Dancewatchers a few years ago I've only used hotels for occasional ST rooms.

Worth your time to do some searches on the board and check out some owners' websites. I'll also say that View Talay 6 (next to Central Festival Mall on Beach Rd) is my favorite location in town - and for a lot less than 2k/night.

i agree condo route is far better value for me too, might be too short notice tho as often booked way ahead.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/69840-diana-oasis-apartments/

just checked Agoda link on this page for your dates too, Page 10 hotel, tims boutique hotel and at mind residences, and some lk properties all fit your criteria/budget.all of which have been previously reviewed/recommended by BM's.

happy hunting

Thanks Guys for the info.

Has anyone stayed in a mini suite at the Pattaya Bay Resort? The hotel has some great reviews, but none of the de luxe rooms are left.

Any thoughts? Best at the back or front?

Peter

Thanks Guys for the info.

Has anyone stayed in a mini suite at the Pattaya Bay Resort? The Hotel has some great reviews, but none of the de luxe rooms are left.

Any thoughts? Best at the back or front?

Peter

Makes no difference at the back or the front as you will still here your neighbors making out at all times of the day and night.

Another hotel you might consider is Pandora's on soi 4 and 2nd road. I found it on acoda the other day and I am staying there at present. Price is 1100 baht a night, nice quiet rooms, friendly staff great bang for the buck. Its under new ownership so I don't know if any other addicts have reviewed it yet. I like it. its a 2 minute walk from Soi 6 so plenty of action close. Easy to get to and from. tel 0-3841-3841. ask for a corner room as they are bigger.

Thanks Brewster for the link. I'd tried search but got nothing useful - I'm obviously technically incompetent.

I've decided to go back to Residence Garden for a couple of nights and see how that works out.

If the baht bus drivers get to me I will find somewhere central.

Thanks for the help.

Peter

Thanks Brewster for the link. I'd tried search but got nothing useful - I'm obviously technically incompetent.

I've decided to go back to Residence Garden for a couple of nights and see how that works out.

Thanks for the help.

Peter

I will be staying at the RG too...from 18th to 22nd march !!!! Would love to meet you if you are there during that period sir!!!!!

Deluxe room in April Suites would get my nod. Wifi quick and on every floor. Newish hotel. Bed very nice, AC very good.

Very narrow entrance into the Soi but had no hassles getting to and from. Short baht bus trip to Soi 8,7 & 6. Small walk getting onto Beach road for Baht bus for WS.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

Thanks for the help.

Peter

While your there if you get time check out August Suites if not for this trip maybe next time you wont regret it! Just my 2 Bobs worth. All the best. Edited by Archie

• 2 weeks later...

Deluxe room in April Suites would get my nod. Wifi quick and on every floor. Newish hotel. Bed very nice, AC very good.

Very narrow entrance into the Soi but had no hassles getting to and from. Short baht bus trip to Soi 8,7 & 6. Small walk getting onto Beach road for Baht bus for WS.

:ThumbUp6: