Pattaya Live Streams >> Pattaya Girls Livestreaming

IGNORED

Retirment Visa.

jpduggan1

Minimum 50 years old, monthly 65000 ThB income or 800.000 ThB on a Thai bank account or the combination of the 2 in order to reach 800.000 ThB.

Google can also help you.

Sounds like you'll have no problems at all. As you're retiring from Irish civil service you'll certainly qualify for age and I presume you'll have a decent gov pension.

It'll help if you can obtain a Non-Imm O visa from your nearest Thai embassy/consulate. Then immigration here will convert that into retirement.

There are also agents here who will do all the paperwork/legwork for you and get fast results, naturally for a fee. A year ago I had an agent do my retirement visa, it was all completed in 1 day. I was given 15 months in all, plus multipule re-entry visa (so I can leave and return as many times as I like for the duration of the visa)

If you're bringing some savings with you to deposit into a Thai bank account then that's the easiest way to satisfy the financial requirements as you need 800,000 THB in a bank and show that to immigration. However, if you are showing them income/pension then that means a trip to your embassy to have a statement verified and stamped.

I'm retiring from Irish civil service and heading to Pattaya to live. How do I get a retirment Visa?

Congratulations. I envy you. My advice would be not to deposit 800,000 baht into a Thai bank if you can meet the monthly income requirement. Since your pension should be at least 65,000 baht per month, you will only need to provide evidence for it to the Thai authorities.

Any reason not to deposit money in a Thai bank???

Any reason not to deposit money in a Thai bank???

I'm not saying that you should not have money in a Thai bank. However, if you go the 800,000 baht route, you must have that balance every time you renew your visa. I would not want to tie up that much money - not to mention the fact that LOS is still politically unstable.

I'm retiring from Irish civil service and heading to Pattaya to live. How do I get a retirment Visa?

Lucky man Duggan.... 800,000 bt in the bank or 65,000 baht (You are well over that :rolleyes: ) income from abroad, a letter from the employers stating what pension income you are getting will be useful... Best of luck..

Congratulations. I envy you. My advice would be not to deposit 800,000 baht into a Thai bank if you can meet the monthly income requirement. Since your pension should be at least 65,000 baht per month, you will only need to provide evidence for it to the Thai authorities.

You don't provide the evidence of your income to Thai Immigration, you provide Verification of it by your Embassy, which may cost another 2500 Baht.

To recap :-

1. Don't consider getting a Retirement Visa in your own country - it's too much hassle.

2. Do as Pubstud said and come in on a One Year Multi-entry Non 'O' which gives you lots of time but does involve border runs or exits every 90 days.

You can also come in on a Tourist Visa and convert from that, but you have to do it well within the 60 day period.

What you're looking for is called Extension of Stay (Retiement) which gives you one year and only requires 90 day address reporting - or not even that if you've exited.

3. At any time during the life of your O Visa you apply for the Extension at Jomtien, cost 1900 Baht + 3800 baht for a Multi Re-Entry Permit to go with it.

4. The money in Thai bank is by far the simplest and you then avoid paying ATM charges for the next year.

It is supposed to be seeded for 2 months(exceptions are made) the first time you apply and 3 months thereafter.

4. There's lots more info' in here if you use the Search (Advanced Silver Button is best) but do spell 'Retirement' with the second 'e' or it won't find much. I did a thread myself on the application process, which you need to repeat each year you stay, so if all else fails, go back through my Topics.

come in on a One Year Multi-entry Non 'O' : They're hard to get these days Edge, I was on them for donkey's years but was knocked back last year unless I'm legally married to a Thai, which I'm not and never intend doing again. OP may be lucky to get a single entry Non-Imm O but those multiple entries seem damn hard to get hold of these days.

come in on a One Year Multi-entry Non 'O' : They're hard to get these days Edge, I was on them for donkey's years but was knocked back last year unless I'm legally married to a Thai, which I'm not and never intend doing again. OP may be lucky to get a single entry Non-Imm O but those multiple entries seem damn hard to get hold of these days.

Sorry, yes, that seems to be true.

Worth trying for one, depending where he's applying, but if not, he can convert from a TV - just don't hang about applying once he's here.

Thanks for all the help fellas, much appreciated.

It is crazy to keep all your money in Thai banks. There are stories for guys robbed from Thai wives, so keep the the risk away.

Thailand... I will return again and again

Hope you have thought about it carefully?

Many BM's here can tell you it aint all its cracked up to be.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

PA

pedros

Thai banks no different if the account is in your name only Thai wife/GF can not get your money

Sexyfarangman

You say LOS politically unstable, IMO Thai banks are a better option over the last few years than the USA or European banks have been, shifted mine from the UK near 5yrs ago saved quite a lot

It is crazy to keep all your money in Thai banks. There are stories for guys robbed from Thai wives, so keep the the risk away.

If 800k Baht is "all your money" then I don't think you should even be contemplaring retirement in Thailand.

As for Thai banks - what M.C.H. said.

or 1year multiple visa (15 month"s really ) 50 year old ,monthly pension 1250 € (Belgium/ Netherlands,) 900 £ for UK, or combination with savings....; better first try this way (must take in your country) and if life here good can make the extended retirement visa out of it with the requirements mentioned by poster TINTIN

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

pedros

Thai banks no different if the account is in your name only Thai wife/GF can not get your money

Sexyfarangman

You say LOS politically unstable, IMO Thai banks are a better option over the last few years than the USA or European banks have been, shifted mine from the UK near 5yrs ago saved quite a lot

is the requirement not: must have mutual / joined account ???

is the requirement not: must have mutual / joined account ???

No at all. I have my money in my own name in Thai bank account. have 2 actually, In total I have over the required 800K and therefore have no problems satisfying the retirement visa requirements. I also have a pension and income from property rental back home but these don't come into it. No need for me to go to Embassy and pay extra charges to get proof of income documents verified. To my mind it's better to just keep the money in a Thai bank.

No at all. I have my money in my own name in Thai bank account. have 2 actually, In total I have over the required 800K and therefore have no problems satisfying the retirement visa requirements. I also have a pension and income from property rental back home but these don't come into it. No need for me to go to Embassy and pay extra charges to get proof of income documents verified. To my mind it's better to just keep the money in a Thai bank.

but in case married to thai , you only need 400 000 BHT in bank to prouve , or 40 000 BHT income

but in case married to thai , you only need 400 000 BHT in bank to prouve , or 40 000 BHT income

Correct. But even if I was married to a Thai I'd still do my retirement visa myself and keep her out of it. I've had married visa before and have to bring missis in for interviews and they ask all manner of insulting questions like - how much does he pay you every month, as if a Thai woman must be getting paid to be with a farang, there's no way on earth she could really love a farang when she could have a great Thai man, so it must be money. And then your visa depends on your Thai missis, if you split the visa is cancelled.

If over 50yo have 800K in Thai bank, easiest fastest simplist way to go.

Correct. But even if I was married to a Thai I'd still do my retirement visa myself and keep her out of it. I've had married visa before and have to bring missis in for interviews and they ask all manner of insulting questions like - how much does he pay you every month, as if a Thai woman must be getting paid to be with a farang, there's no way on earth she could really love a farang when she could have a great Thai man, so it must be money. And then your visa depends on your Thai missis, if you split the visa is cancelled.

If over 50yo have 800K in Thai bank, easiest fastest simplist way to go.

That is why i refereed to the need of a joint account in case retirement by married to a Thai , i agreed with the "dangers " to be depended on Thai woman :Think1: , but not agreed on the fact as 1 year multiple should be difficult to get .... not so but must be over 50 year and prove income like i mentioned before , UK 900£ , Belgium / Netherlands 1250€ or combined with savings .... so not SO impossible , but not as easy from HULL like before ( visit friends or show rent contract .

The questions asked by immgr. is to find out the "arranged "marriages to stay in country , same as in Europe suspicious behavior is targeted

PS ; last week even a Thai lady speak to me as i like stay Thailand i must marry a Thai, ......., i just reply that she does not know her own country rules . :Finger5: ....... just show money to stay over 50 , looks like they target younger farang who are not 50 to marry and take their money or take the so wanted build house (!!)..... :Think1::GoldenSmile1: T.I.T. just show money and the red carpet roles

That is why i refereed to the need of a joint account in case retirement by married to a Thai , i agreed with the "dangers " to be depended on Thai woman :Think1: , but not agreed on the fact as 1 year multiple should be difficult to get .... not so but must be over 50 year and prove income like i mentioned before , UK 900£ , Belgium / Netherlands 1250€ or combined with savings .... so not SO impossible , but not as easy from HULL like before ( visit friends or show rent contract .

The questions asked by immgr. is to find out the "arranged "marriages to stay in country , same as in Europe suspicious behavior is targeted

PS ; last week even a Thai lady speak to me as i like stay Thailand i must marry a Thai, ......., i just reply that she does not know her own country rules . :Finger5: ....... just show money to stay over 50 , looks like they target younger farang who are not 50 to marry and take their money or take the so wanted build house (!!)..... :Think1::GoldenSmile1: T.I.T. just show money and the red carpet roles

I guess with those multi-entry non-imm O visas it depends on where you're applying - which country and how flexible the issueing consul/officer is. As I said to Edge I was on them for years from the Perth Thai consulate, for many years I just asked and got them, then a few years ago the asked me for proof of a relationship, so I got my Thai gf to fax copies of her ID card and passport directly to them, then for a while I just showed them photocopies of GF's ID card when I made the applications. Then the Thai consulate was closed and I had to go through Thai Embassy in Canberra. I asked for multi-entry non-Imm O and they asked it I'm married to a Thai. I said no but I live with a Thai woman, they said that's not good enough, have to be legally married. No more multi-entry non Imms, they gave me a tourist visa - and I haven't been on a tourist visa since the 1970s...lol ...Anyway, all sorted out now, I'm on retirement visa. But i did prefer those multi-entry non-imm visas, got 15 months out of them and going to Lao or Cambo or VN or Penang for a short holiday ever 3 months was no problem with me. I like to get out of Thailand for a while every now and then.

Anyway, if you can get hold of a multi-entry non-imm O visa then good luck to you, they're good to have...

Sexyfarangman

No, I said there was political instability. You just never know when you may have to pack up and leave. In such a situation, you would be leaving your money behind.

No, I said there was political instability. You just never know when you may have to pack up and leave. In such a situation, you would be leaving your money behind.

Two options for leaving ;

CON2734.jpgpost-2887-089239300%201281630497.jpg

:GoldenSmile1:

Correct. But even if I was married to a Thai I'd still do my retirement visa myself and keep her out of it. ......................easier 50yo have 800K in Thai bank, easiest fastest simplist way to go.

That is why i refereed to the need of a joint account in case retirement by married to a Thai ,...........................................

I guess with those multi-entry non-imm O visas it depends on where you're applying - which country and how flexible the issueing consul/officer is. As I said to Edge I was on them for years ............................................................

Anyway, if you can get hold of a multi-entry non-imm O visa then good luck to you, they're good to have...

The waters seem to have got unnecessarily 'muddied' since I last looked, to the extent that I doubt the red herrings can see where they're swimming any more. :unsure:

As pubstud says, the Extension of Stay (Marriage) can be a tortuous route and the OP clearly isn't married to a Thai anyway.

The only reason I could see for that option would be if you can't prove income and can't stretch to the 800k, in which case you're probably living on the edge anyway.

As said before, first choice is to get a One Year Multi' if possible and if not come in on a Tourist Visa and convert that.

Easy peasy.

I'm not sure if you're playing the drama Queen or the prophet of doom......or both.

We may call Thailand a third world country, but it certainly doesn't have the banking system of one.

Due to selling a house here and taking the chance that the Exchange Rate won't significantly improve, I have considerably more than 800k in Kasikorn Deposit & Savings Accounts and I'm not in the least concerned.

The ATM card is Visa and I've used it in Vietnam, Cambodia and The Philippines (and I think UK?) with no problems whatsoever - unlike my UK cards from time to time.