IGNORED

when is the worse time to go to pattaya

chard81864

I heard a rumor that all the girls and the bars shut down for a couple of weeks in either april or may. Can anyone tell me if this is true?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard a rumor that all the girls and the bars shut down for a couple of weeks in either april or may. Can anyone tell me if this is true?

Not true.... Very busy in April and ok in May... For me, i dislike Songkran week, i,m too old for that, but very popular...

Not true.... Very busy in April and ok in May... For me, i dislike Songkran week, i,m too old for that, but very popular...

I hate the Bloody Water Festival time as well and now avoid it as too many Berks about !!!

Anytime is a good time and I favour the off peak times as more Girls less Punters a winning Formula in anybody's book

If you have never been before just go when it suits you as you will not notice the difference and you will have a Fantastic time Matey

I hate the Bloody Water Festival time as well and now avoid it as too many Berks about !!!

Anytime is a good time and I favour the off peak times as more Girls less Punters a winning Formula in anybody's book

If you have never been before just go when it suits you as you will not notice the difference and you will have a Fantastic time Matey

Have to agree with Ghosty. :GoldenSmile1:

anytime is a good time to go,songkran water festival for me is the worst time to go,,lasts for 10 days,,at first is a bit of fun but by the end bloody sick of it!!

Any time but christmas and new year after reading some of the reports on here

+1

hate Songkran for the obvious reasons. If you think you have seen the worst and most ugly behaviour, be rest assured next year it will be worse.

So better stay away.

Tried to escape to Burma 2 years ago at that time only to learn that they had their traditional waterfestival called Dinyen or sth like that. But at least they did not have the stupid knucklehead farangs that pervert it.

The difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.

The only worse time to go to pattaya is when you dont have enough cash. Although have to agree i also avoid songkran

same same - 1 songkran was enough for me, now I avoid it. I've tried every month and had a ball every time, just because its different doesnt make it bad. having a good time is up to you - even with water filling the streets and bars in wet season (august,september) you can manage to find some fun - just do it!

I can have this at home............................or this in LOS, thats why I go

post-25755-0-87905900-1355607024.jpg                   post-25755-0-06858900-1359758265.jpg

Any time but christmas and new year after reading some of the reports on here

xmas / new year is the worst for me. WAY to busy for my liking..

this sept rainy season was pretty bad.waded home several times and carried my suitcase on my head on 1 occasion heading for the airport.

still had a great time though.

Songran can be bad as quite a few girls go home (back to village) for a few days.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Personally it is songkran for me too. I have been once and it is too much. I have an opportunity to go to patts this year during that time but I will be purposely skipping the trip

The month of May can be very humid and hot!!!

We're not here for a long time

Just a good time !

Ive never been during Songkran but with so many people avoiding it, is there any difference to tourist numbers that time of year? Wouldnt think so or the authorities wouldve banned it lol.

I'm going right after Songkran. Will be in Pattaya on April 19. Hopefully it will be lots of girls still there. This is my first time so I won't know the difference though. Either way party on

The water fest (New Year) is around that time - middle April. It is not good due to the fact that many girls go back to their villages to spend some time with family.

Thailand... I will return again and again

I dislike Xmas and New Years due to the crouds and increased number of idiots that are in town. I like low season because of the rains and I can cross Second Road without risking my life. You will have fun no matter what time you visit.

Not true for sure. All the bars stay open also during the Songkran Festival. However, many ladies go home during that Songkran week (13.4.-19.4.) to spend time with their families. When their money is finished they come back.

The worst time to go to Pattaya is definitely the Songkran festival as other forum members already pointed out. Songkran is the one horror week of the year to stay in Pattaya! Most places in Thailand have Songkran only for 3 days (13.-15.4.) but in Pattaya it is a never ending one week (13.-19.4.) of water war around the entire city. Nobody will respect you during that time but throw water and ice at you whereever you go (even in the small supermarkets around the corner the cashier will shoot at you with her water pistol). Just search "Songkran Pattaya" on Youtube and you will get an impression what you have to expect. Maybe if you experience that for the first time it may be funny but a huge number of long time residents to Pattaya (both foreigners and Thai people) are leaving the city for that week to escape the yearly horror. Last year, even the guys from the local radio station relocated their studio for the entire week to a secret place somewhere up in the hills and produced their daily show from there to hide away from the water horror. The ones not leaving the city are stocking up enough food and water and lock themselves up in their homes to stay away and leave their rooms only late at night when everybody out in the street is already drunk and tired. Traffic is very dangerous during that time because of the water war going on and because many drivers drive around drunk.

Archived