Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Online Check In

hudsonhicks

Ok up until now, i've only checked into my flight the traditional way, turn up show passport and get boarding pass.

I'm toying with the idea of checking in online for my up coming flight. Primarily so i can choose my bulkhead seats and avoid queuing up. You can check in online 24 hours before the flight, i aim to be logged into emirates website 23 hours 59 minutes before departure :D

Just got a few questions about it.. and more specifically Emirates and Manchester Airport

When you print out your boarding pass, is that a4 piece of paper with a printed ticket acceptable at the airport? or do i need to change it for a more 'solid' cardboard style pass at the airport?

Can i choose my seating for the second leg of the flight? (DBX - BKK)

you should be able to choose your seats already. Go to the website and use the 'Manage my Booking' link. Enter your 6 character booking reference, and your surname and have a look.

Online check-in is different altogether. Most airlines open that up 24 hours before, but some do 48 hours.

Usually though for bulkhead or emergency exit seats there is an additional cost if you secure them early. If you manage to fluke available AFTER Online Check-in Opens, then there's seldom a cost.

As far as the boarding card, the piece of paper you print off the printer is perfectly acceptable...

hi whan i flew emirates last year did the online thing printed off ticket got to cheack in desk and all they did was look at passport ! all info was on there computer :)

If they require you to have the normal boarding pass they will give you a new one when you drop off your luggage. Although it would be stupid of them to allow you to print a boarding pass on a A4 piece of paper if it wasn't acceptable.

Airasia allows you to check in up to a week before the flight.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Classic paper is fine. You just need to make sure the bar code is readable (good quality) and it's gonna be fine.

1st TR : A Time of Smiles

2nd TR : Good to be Back

3rd TR : The Spinners Tour

Memories of the past is what makes you live to see the future.

"It's my life, It's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just wanna live while I'm alive!" -Bon Jovi

And remember : Nothing is True, Everything is Possible!

Thanks everyone. especially Bell Ringer

I logged into my booking, seems the fuckers have already nabbed the bulkhead seats lol

Thanks everyone. especially Bell Ringer

I logged into my booking, seems the fuckers have already nabbed the bulkhead seats lol

Most of the time these Seats will show taken as Staff need to see person to make sure they are fit and able to use Emergancy Doirs so may be worth asking when at airport to change seats.

On-Line is fine but if you have Bags to check-in you still have to Q sometimes to drop them at bag drop stations

You can also check-in and opt to have stuff printed at desk I did this the other day but was Flying Biz so not sure if Cattle do the same although I see no reason they do not

You gotta watch those bulkhead seats anyway.... your more likely to get a (crying) baby next to you as they mount the bassinet cots on the bulkhead.

When I did on line check in they had a seperate queue at the airport for it with only a couple of people in it compare to the hundred plus in the traditional check in queue. Like been said they replace your A4 printoff with a more solid card thing. This was with Etihad from Manchester but I assume Emirates will be similar.