Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

KLM/Airfrance to BKK

mai

Has anyone flown the AMS-BKK-AMS recently in economy ? Was it a full flight / 75% / 50% or less ?

I find the middle-eastern airlines are only ever 50% full, so curious about other airlines.

Thanks, from someone who can't handle 12 hrs straight, next to some fat sweaty falang ;)

Most of the time it's FULL .

Last time i was placed between 2 fat farang not the most comfortable flight as you can imagine .

I liked flying with KLM.

The service was good and I had a window seat.

But the plain was fully booked ... I haven't seen a free seat.

Can not really comment as the last time i flew with KLM was almost 2 years ago and it was on the first day all flights where leaving again after the volcano in Iceland, so everything was packed. But i hated it.

I personally rather go with for example Emirates and have a 2 times 6 hour flight. Only make sure you don't have a connection longer then 3-4 hours. Dubaii is a nice airport to stretch your legs, have a decent drink, read some email and if wanted have a smoke (in a bar).

i went in late september and it was pretty full only a few spare seats! iv booked my next trip with them from ABZ to AMS to BKK in may because i thought the service was pretty good and it didnt seem to take that long even tho it was a ten hour flight

My experiences on KLM have been much better than my experiences on AirFrance. The AirFrance fleet seems to be older with some planes having no in-seat entertainment system. As other suggested, my preference is to fly Emirates, stop in Dubai, then proceed to Bkk.

I also believe KLM have moved their departure times from 23.30 t0 12.30 noon time so I am loosing half a day in Pattaya and instead of getting a long lay in after the last night, I have to be up at 08.00 at the latest to get up to Suvarnabhumi for around 10.30. Not sure if this is a permenant move as I have been flying KLM and AF for years and have always left just before midnight.

Yes flight times are changing for both airlines in the near future, also AF are no longer flying every day from Paris, about 3 times per week I think.

With regard to the airlines themself, considering they are now supposed to be the same company, there is a big difference in quality.

KLM economy is good, their Business class is excellent.

After flying with AF three times a number of years ago I made a simple decision, never again. Crap airline and even worse airport.

• 2 weeks later...

See 'Kayak' or 'skyscanner' websites for sub £500 flights from Manchester May/June with KLM/AF

Saw price of £465 on 'Opodo' with short layovers in Amsterdam/Paris.

• 1 month later...

I regularly use KLM to fly to BKK because they fly from Birmingham UK.. I also use Emirates.

Emirates is better .. they have a superb business lounge at Birmingham. KLm's is really crap.

And Emorates send a car to pick you up from home.

The emirates flights are 6 hoursa to Dubai and then 7 hours to BKK.. so a nice break half way, and god showers in lounger.

KLM 747 is crap in business class.

BUT.. if you are flying economy.. I stringly recommend the econmoy plus seat 9a.. try and get it

Its on the front row.. no seats infront of you and you can use the door as a foot rest.

KLM BHX-BKK mid May for 2 weeks is only £1600 at the moment.. good deal

I regularly use KLM to fly to BKK because they fly from Birmingham UK.. I also use Emirates.

Emirates is better .. they have a superb business lounge at Birmingham. KLm's is really crap.

And Emorates send a car to pick you up from home.

The emirates flights are 6 hoursa to Dubai and then 7 hours to BKK.. so a nice break half way, and god showers in lounger.

KLM 747 is crap in business class.

BUT.. if you are flying economy.. I stringly recommend the econmoy plus seat 9a.. try and get it

Its on the front row.. no seats infront of you and you can use the door as a foot rest.

KLM BHX-BKK mid May for 2 weeks is only £1600 at the moment.. good deal

So would you recommend KLM in Economy (Y) ??????

So would you recommend KLM in Economy (Y) ??????

I have no experience of cattle class so I can't recommend any

But I do know seat 9a in econmy plus on a KLM 747 is the best seat.

I would think that Emirates is the best economy.. solely becuase its a 6 hour and 7 hour flight.. so you get a break half way through the torture !

Do you know about the KLM Obese ticket ??

If you tell KLM you are obese and cannot fit in one economy seat, they will sell you 2 seats together with a removable centre armrest.

For the second seat you pay no airport taxes or fuel surcharges, just the airlines basic fee AND 20% off that basic price

AND HERES THE BEST BIT..

If there is another seat free somewhere else in economy, you get your money back fr the second seat.. you only get charged for 2 seats if the flight is full.

You don't have to be obese to ask for this deal.. they are not allowed to discriminate

And you will have space to stretch out a bit

I saw a Billboard today

Turkish Airlines now flying Birmngham to Bankhkok

Do you know about the KLM Obese ticket ??

If you tell KLM you are obese and cannot fit in one economy seat, they will sell you 2 seats together with a removable centre armrest.

For the second seat you pay no airport taxes or fuel surcharges, just the airlines basic fee AND 20% off that basic price

AND HERES THE BEST BIT..

If there is another seat free somewhere else in economy, you get your money back fr the second seat.. you only get charged for 2 seats if the flight is full.

You don't have to be obese to ask for this deal.. they are not allowed to discriminate

And you will have space to stretch out a bit

If you get two seats do you qualify for two meals as well? Probably just exacerbate the problem anyway.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I used to fly with KLM from Amsterdam to BKK last two years. The only reason I fly KLM was because their schedule was super for me. I can work all day, go to the airport and depart at 21.00. Coming back same story, landing at 06.00 I was able straight go to work and this way wouldn't loose 2 days of salery.

Since they changed their schedule I won't fly them anymore because they are overcharging and the service is okay, but sure not what it was in the good times.

Always on the road to somewhere, but not able to arrive anywhere.....

Well for me the af flight was a good option

Arrive in bangkok at 6 am

Return in paris 6pm

Only 600 euro for direct paris bangkok

But in august will take thai direct for 700 and a bit

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

I'm seeing very high prices everywhere for early August & late July, I'm suprised because I understood this to be right in the middle of the low season. Maybe airlines pushing prices then because they know more of us from EU / US are taking holidays at that time of year?

It's around double the cost to fly August as it is to fly in June when I'm also thinking of going over!

Lee

• 2 years later...

Hi, has anyone got any recent experience of flying KLM Amsterdam to Bangkok , we arebtravelling in Economy.

Cheers.

Hi, has anyone got any recent experience of flying KLM Amsterdam to Bangkok , we arebtravelling in Economy.

Cheers.

Love klm

Good seats great entertainment and short stop overs.

I use them all the time.

Travelled with KLM in november. AMS-BKK-AMS.

Economy. Full flight.

Not happy with the service.

Food was very ordinary.

Next time i travel with Aeroflot. In 3 weeks time.

But i will also try Emirates some time.

Maybe this summer.

So i will try other airlines before i go with KLM again.

Aeroflot was not worse than KLM.

Archived