IGNORED

Internet-best landline?

dirtyoldman

Which Internet provider is the best choice in central Pattaya nowdays? I need a ultra stable connection, speed is not important. I guess the option are TOT, Cat and 3BB. Concerning the last one, does one need the premium package to get stable internet?

I have already tried AIS aircard and True Aircard, and I am not happy with those two options. True disconnects automatically every 3 hours, and there is a 3 og 5 Gigabyte download limit. After that they cut the speed. Also it is not that stable.

Thanks.

I've had True before , nothing but trouble .

Connected trough 3BB now , 6MB , 599 Baht a month , very stable no problems .

I thought these cheap packages (indy packages) from 3BB work best for surfing thai sites, and unstable or painfully slow for anything else? This is not the case anymore, if not I will sign up for a packages tomorrow!

I'm using a 3BB land line for 7 months now and never had a problem .

Use it mostly for European sites and it's quick and stable . Download movies ect with 600/700kb/sec .

Very good value for money .

I'm using a 3BB land line for 7 months now and never had a problem .

Use it mostly for European sites and it's quick and stable . Download movies ect with 600/700kb/sec .

Very good value for money .

Which of the packages do you have, in other words how much do you pay for the line?

599 Bht a month , unlimited usuage .

• 3 weeks later...

Which Internet provider is the best choice in central Pattaya nowdays? I need a ultra stable connection, speed is not important. I guess the option are TOT, Cat and 3BB. Concerning the last one, does one need the premium package to get stable internet?

I have already tried AIS aircard and True Aircard, and I am not happy with those two options. True disconnects automatically every 3 hours, and there is a 3 og 5 Gigabyte download limit. After that they cut the speed. Also it is not that stable.

Thanks.

Not stable is good, tried this sort of AIS aircard for the first time last night, and its out of question. Extremely slow, connection down almost every minute. My TOT DSL line didn't work for some time yesterday, that's why I tried the aircard. No idea how, but I screwed my modem or the DSL connection up in the process, and had the repairman here in the morning. He fixed it, measured the signal strenght, and told me that the "noise" at 32db is a very, very good value. No clue what he was talking about, but TOT seems to be ok.

other threads on this subject i have read up but this stuff changes regularly.

be good if someone had up to date prices.

Sophon cable does have a good rep with board members from what i was reading.

So do you have to pay extra for the phone line then ADSL or is it all just included in the instillation price?

I too am looking in to this subject for when i arrive soon so will be watching this thread with interest!!!

Do let us know the price differences if you find up to date pricing on things.

Cheers Nak

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

found these for prices of internet. not guaranteed they are correct tho.

http://www.catteleco...166&subcat=1168

http://www.3bb.co.th...adsl/select.php

and sophon prices here http://www.sophonbb.net/net/pad2.php

and true http://www.trueonline.com/th/product/customer.php

appears as though 3bb has pretty good prices from this initial research but then on the ground research will probably turn up all sorts of deals and offers and free instillation etc etc

so which are 12 month subscriptions and which are pay as you go?? month by month type packages?

Edited by Nak Muay

Thanks.

We have 3BB (formerly Maxnet), 599 baht + VAT = 631 baht per month and it does the job well. After 3 years we had to buy a new router (at TukCom) at 1,700 baht.

We have 3BB (formerly Maxnet), 599 baht + VAT = 631 baht per month and it does the job well. After 3 years we had to buy a new router (at TukCom) at 1,700 baht.

is 3bb a 12 month contract only?

3bb is the way to go for 590 baht a month. I've had it for 2 years and had no problems at all. Stable connection and quite fast (for the money).

• 1 month later...

I have had 3bb 9MB for 7 months. Very few problems. Torrents, usenet, and general downloads are fast and stable. Make sure that they test the line before they leave. Free modem for a 1 year contract. 963B per month.

Used 3BB before - found it terrible (by comparison, see below) but others seem to say its OK for them.

Use TOT at home - lousy at peak times but rarely seems to "cut" just goes very slow. They also seem to "strangle" when people use torrents etc. They deny it, of course, but it does seem to be the case.

Use CAT (Business package) at work. MUCH more expensive but faster than the others (despite being only 4MB compared to TOT at 7MB) with very little downtime. It DOES cut sometimes but its rare - perhaps once every 3 months they seem to have problems, always the usual; BS about maintenance.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 2 months later...

I am using 3BB and find it ok, but stability is still an issue, last week went by without a worry, but then this week both monday and tuesday I've had outages for more than an hour, very dangerous if you are relying on internet for trading like me, but if you were just using to watch streaming vids, downloading and normal websites its great