IGNORED

just when you thought you heard it all

vbbitter

just was reading a pattaya m... paper and was reading what they were going to do to pattaya beach and how the mayor has announced they are going to put in gardens etc and guess what A THIRD LANE OF TRAFFIC, are they kidding what about getting rid of halve of those currupted baht buses and coming up with sky train or something that is better than beautifying beach road with another lane,can you imagine looking at another lane ,what about noise lets just build afloating pontoon along the beach with chairs and 5 lanes of traffic.

ps

it is awaiting approval from ministry of ha ha environment.

just was reading a pattaya m... paper and was reading what they were going to do to pattaya beach and how the mayor has announced they are going to put in gardens etc and guess what A THIRD LANE OF TRAFFIC, are they kidding what about getting rid of halve of those currupted baht buses and coming up with sky train or something that is better than beautifying beach road with another lane,can you imagine looking at another lane ,what about noise lets just build afloating pontoon along the beach with chairs and 5 lanes of traffic.

ps

it is awaiting approval from ministry of ha ha environment.

You gotta remember that some of these genius's thought that the best way to solve Bangkok flooding was to move the capital up north....and it's not even April 1st. yet.

Could well be part of the plan to deprostitute Beach Rd and create a more family friendly environment.

Cant see the 3rd lane thing working though. Haven't they read any of the studies on traffic congestion/noise we in the west have authored?

Building new roads doesn't ease congestion, it just creates more congestion due to more cars using the new bit...

agree,it will just bottle neck at the end of beach road and congest things up and push the street hookers to be street hookers

Pattaya does'nt need a SkyTrain! I think the Baht Buses work just fine. The one way, Beach Road - 2nd Road thing is fcukin awsome. and 10 Baht a pop is hardly gonna break the bank. If you get caught in congestion...............Get off and have A beer!

:Beer: :Beer: :Beer: or 3 !

You gotta remember that some of these genius's thought that the best way to solve Bangkok flooding was to move the capital up north....and it's not even April 1st. yet.

That's probably the only way to solve Bangkok's flooding. I read somewhere once the city is sinking at a certain rate each year (can't recall the stats) the city is built on marshy/swampy land and should never be there. The original Bangkok was all klongs and wooden houses. Then they filled in klongs and poured a zillion tons of concrete. Starting a new capital up north on solid ground is actually a very good idea.

That's probably the only way to solve Bangkok's flooding. I read somewhere once the city is sinking at a certain rate each year (can't recall the stats) the city is built on marshy/swampy land and should never be there. The original Bangkok was all klongs and wooden houses. Then they filled in klongs and poured a zillion tons of concrete. Starting a new capital up north on solid ground is actually a very good idea.

Probably a better idea to knock a fraction of the City down and replace with some good waterways to drain flood waters. You can't move an entire City..... the size of Bangkok!! :huh: Imagine moving London! Never gonna happen.

For anyone who knows the history of Las Vegas. In the early days it was run by the mob, it was dirty, corrupt and dangerous. Then they decided to make it a family destination as well as adult.

It is still fun, but lost some of it's luster.

I like dirty girls, dirty streets and sitting on an open death trap. Makes me feel alive.

I am a fat kid in a sweet shop, I just cannot choose and want it all.

Probably a better idea to knock a fraction of the City down and replace with some good waterways to drain flood waters. You can't move an entire City..... the size of Bangkok!! :huh: Imagine moving London! Never gonna happen.

I actually had a final glimpse of the "old" Bangkok when I first got there in the late 1970s. They were just starting then to fill in klongs and knock down those fantastic old Thai-style wooden houses and build condos and things. I remember saying to people at the time - this is fucking madness, Bangkok is unique, the Venice of the Orient, why not leave it as it is and build a new commercial capital some distance away on more solid ground? Too late now. Yes, you can't move an entire city but I think it makes sense to do as you suggest, set up some good waterways and put a halt on development and begin to establish a new commercial center elsewhere.