IGNORED

Australian airline runs out of money

lostagain

Thousands of travelers have been left in the lurch around the world after the carrier Air Australia went into administration and grounded its fleet Friday.

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t3

Not really about LOS but i figure their are enough BM's from down under that this is relative. Hope none of ye got caught anywhere you did not want to stay.

A bunch of Aussies got stuck here in Hawaii...

Fortunately Hawaiian Airlines is flying them home for $300usd

We're not here for a long time

Just a good time !

There are also a few people I know stuck in Phuket.

How would you like to be all set and ready to go but with limited funds only and not able to re book in a hurry elsewhere when this shit hits you. It don't pay to use cash in this situation as it isn't refundable.

At least the ones overseas have got 50% of their moneys worth and look like getting a discounted fare back home. I guess we have to read the fine print when taking out travel insurance and make sure something like this is covered.

How would you like to be all set and ready to go but with limited funds only and not able to re book in a hurry elsewhere when this shit hits you. It don't pay to use cash in this situation as it isn't refundable.

At least the ones overseas have got 50% of their moneys worth and look like getting a discounted fare back home. I guess we have to read the fine print when taking out travel insurance and make sure something like this is covered.

Years ago when the old Compass went broke had tickets with them - had paid by CC and got every cent back

Those who paid cash lost the lot