Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Visa for Thai Wife

dirtyden

Dear All

Just a quick question for guys in the know

I would like to take my wife of 4 and a half years to the Uk this summer for the 1st time

We have a house and car together, so we need the orginals and copies to give to immigration

She does not work, so no paperwork there

No kids involved

I will pay for all the holiday, so i will show my banking details and work details etc.

We have some pictures and emails , dated from years ago, we dont have many as we phoned all the time, will that be a problem??

Also do i have to book the flights before we start the Visa Process, as you are not certain you will get the visa??

I work in the middle east and its a pain to try and sort out roations for the furture, as we would like to travel in july/au 2012

Is there any think else i have missed please???

Kind Regards

den

Lots of good info in this pinned thread that will answer many of your questions.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/71618-what-i-used-to-get-a-visa-for-the-tgf-to-come-to-the-uk/page__view__findpost__p__1128928

How long will she stay in the uk? If less than 6 months a tourist visa will be sufficent.

Don't book the flights until she has the visa approved, there are no guarantees that she will get it.

If it helps the visa rules allow you to post date a tourist visa by up to three months so that might help with sorting out your rotation etc.

Gather as much info as you can and be honest... Showing that she will return to Thailand before the visa expires can be a sticking point for some but as you both live together in Thailand that will not be difficult to mitigate.

Good luck.

essentially the whole thing needs to be as detailed as possible, print out the form and it's always better to go overboard with information... even if you have to write it on a seperate sheet of paper than give insufficient info/evidence. eg they want 3 months info give them 6 months etc

you will need to provide them with an address and photo's of where you will stay, room etc, who lives there, etc etc...if you stay with relatives then a covering letter saying they invite you to stay and your wife will be supported so will not have to work etc

in addition to completeing the form you can provide a covering letter, you can state how it's a genuine relationship with child together...further explain all the evidence if you feel needed. ie wife's lack of funds, you can say how you are the provider and your wife is a homemaker with full access to "both" your funds, if you feel the need explain the background of relationship that you've been together 2 years then married for 4.5 years etc etc how happy you are and how your relatives are looking forward to meeeting your new wife/their daugter-in-law and grandchild

you want to provide enough evidence so that anybody reading it will feel like they know you, by providing contact numbers for all evidence the embassy can then contact anyone they wish to check on..they may phone the people you say you will be staying with, once everything is satisfied then you should get your visa without problem..

make sure the whole pack of info is well collated and detailed, label each page of supporting evidence as a1/a2 or something similar and write up a contents page detailing what is what e.g

a/1 -bank statement aug-sep etc

d4- confirmation of accomodation/invititation/confirmation of stay

once you have your visa then book your flights

good luck and all the best

Hi Guys

Thanks very much for your reply's, more info the better ,

Tourist visa it is than and don't book any flights until you have the Visa

Kind regards to both, have a very nice day

den

Hi Guys

Thanks very much for your reply's, more info the better ,

Tourist visa it is than and don't book any flights until you have the Visa

Kind regards to both, have a very nice day

den

No worries... Keep us posted on how you get on.

Any more questions just ask.

Thanks buddy

Will do, fingers crossed and all that

Have a nice weekend

Kind Regards

den