IGNORED

Non-incision vasectomy in Pattaya

mattzilla

Hello Gents,

I'm looking at getting a vasectomy within the next 6 months or so. Obviously, there are lots of clinics in BKK that offer the non-incision method (getting my sack cut open terrifies me) but I would prefer having the procedure done in Pattaya if that is possible. Does anyone have suggestions, or perhaps any past experience with this? Also, I've been told the procedure runs in the area of around 6-7k Baht--any ideas on this as well? Much appreciated.

I had mine done about a month before I left, It was free thru a grant at Planned Parenthood. You might want to check on that for yourself. If I was going to have to pay I would have done it here as it would have been cheaper.

It was less painful than many dental proceedures I've had, and the surgery it self was less than a half hour.

The biggest risk of problems comes from not following the aftercare intructions, you need to realy lay low with an icepack on your junk for a few days and wear that jockstrap to keep everything well supported for at least a week if not longer.

I still bag up for safety, but now I know there is no way I can accidentally become a daddy.

I had mine done about a month before I left, It was free thru a grant at Planned Parenthood. You might want to check on that for yourself. If I was going to have to pay I would have done it here as it would have been cheaper.

It was less painful than many dental proceedures I've had, and the surgery it self was less than a half hour.

The biggest risk of problems comes from not following the aftercare intructions, you need to realy lay low with an icepack on your junk for a few days and wear that jockstrap to keep everything well supported for at least a week if not longer.

I still bag up for safety, but now I know there is no way I can accidentally become a daddy.

I spoke to my doc about it years ago and he said you have to blow at least 12 times before its safe to boom boom with safety.

I spoke to my doc about it years ago and he said you have to blow at least 12 times before its safe to boom boom with safety.

Yeah it takes somewhere between 15-20 loads blown before all the swimmers are discharged according to my Doc.

ive been quoted 10,000-baht for it in pattaya-but i got a bad vibe about the place of operation-anyone had it done in pattaya?

I did vote but fuck that I am scared shitless my Tackle would stop working get infected or whatever

Too much of a Girl to have it done but on a brighter note I would not worry about any other Surgery in Thailand far better IMO than the Grubby NHS

Hello Gents,

I'm looking at getting a vasectomy within the next 6 months or so. Obviously, there are lots of clinics in BKK that offer the non-incision method (getting my sack cut open terrifies me) but I would prefer having the procedure done in Pattaya if that is possible. Does anyone have suggestions, or perhaps any past experience with this? Also, I've been told the procedure runs in the area of around 6-7k Baht--any ideas on this as well? Much appreciated.

You should do a search here on PA through the advanced search engine. this has been discussed before, I think.

I would be happy to do the search for you as I am very interested in this, but I'm too lazy today. Sorry...

perhaps any past experience with this?

Ok, ok, :SoWhat1: I did the search.

Here are the threads with "vasectomy" in the title.

Edited by jojomecanic

Ok, ok, :SoWhat1: I did the search.

Here are the threads with "vasectomy" in the title.

555 Not that lazy then mate

If I had it done at one of the good hospitals here in town I'd have no more concerns about hygene or safety than I did having it done at the clinic back home.

Right now I look back and wonoder why I did not go ahead and do it sooner. I'm a good bit past my 20 load safety margin and it's a good feeling to know the ominous words "I hab baby you, need money take care" wont be putting a crazy spin on my life.

I think the worst part about doing it here would be going a week, week and a half with no sex...

• 3 weeks later...

I had a vasectomy done in Pattaya last year and was / am delighted with it (I wish I had done it decades earlier). I got mine done at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya and the urologist doing the honors was Dr. Jimmy Kongcharoen:

http://www.medeguide.com/jimmy-kongcharoen

It took maybe one hour or so (I didn't have my watch) and the total cost was just over 15k baht. In terms of pain, you do feel the needle delivering the anesthetic (one on each side to the tube they'll be cutting) but it's essentially painless after that. You can at times feel a bit of pressure but that's not painful, it's just a tad uncomfortable.

I was certain that it would hurt like hell once the anesthetic wore off (given the location of the surgery) but it didn't ... I've had no pain at all since then.

I don't know anything about incision-less vasectomies so I can't compare and contrast the two concepts. But I can say that I'm a real wuss in terms of anything that might be potentially uncomfortable to my family jewels (that being why it had taken me so many decades to originally get one done). But in hindsight, it was far less unpleasant that I had feared and I should have done it long ago.

I had a vasectomy done in Pattaya last year and was / am delighted with it

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience, Tamada.

After your vasectomy, did you had to stop having sex, and for how long ?

They told me "no sex for seven days". And I more-or-less complied with the advice ... I had sex on the seventh day (sort of the way that the stamp on arrival in Thailand is for 30 days, but they count both the day of arrival and the day of departure as one full day each, no matter how short your stay is on either day). Had my vasectomy early afternoon on a Monday (around 2:00 p.m.) and had my first post-V sex the following Sunday morning (around 8:00 a.m.) ... plus every day thereafter for the next few weeks.

No adverse effects whatsoever in my case from being a wee bit aggressive in how I counted to seven.

• 2 months later...

I had mine done at home 3 months prior to my trip. It was over in 20 mins with $100 to pay. Its painless except for the freezing. You don't feel the needle but there is a slight burning sensation that is over in seconds. There is an instrument used to poke a hole through which both tubes to each ball are cut, stitched and cauterized. You feel none of that. The hole heals over on its own. The doctor told me to go home and relax on the couch and watch TV. Once the freezing was out, there was some swelling and bruising that subsided over several days. However you are not sperm free until after 20 spank the monkeys. The reason why is even though the factory has stopped its supply, the warehouse needs its stock depleted.He also said its 99% permanent with that 1% chance of things realigning. To reverse it, the surgery is a lot more involved and will only work 50% of the time so be totally sure if you want it done or not. I hate kids so my mind was made up.

Since the topic popped up I'll comment again, I'm almost six months down the road since I had it done and now that I am a one woman guy with a regular GF here it is absolutely awesome to just go for it when I feel 'up' for it and not have any worries about babies. I have to make an effort to find the point of entry for the surgery, no scar at all now. Again, I wish I had done it long ago, but absolutely pleased to have it done now.

I believe contraception is an issue for people who can get pregnant.

I believe contraception is an issue for people who can get pregnant.

I believe that is a terribly irresponsible and misogynistic point of view.

be sure to write on your belly ; no trans-op please !! :GoldenSmile1: you never knows....!! .

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

I had a vasectomy done in Pattaya last year and was / am delighted with it (I wish I had done it decades earlier). I got mine done at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya and the urologist doing the honors was Dr. Jimmy Kongcharoen:

Same here, had it done by Dr Jimmy at Bangkok Hospital 2 months ago. Here are my experiences..

I think if you do it here have it done at a hospital such as the one above or Pattaya International. I paid around 14k baht for everything. Operation took 30 minuted under a local anesthetic, no pain when the needle went in the right side, little pain in the left. He did a great job. The DR told me that you need at least 15 ejaculations for everything to be clear. He normally does the follow up schedule in 4 weeks, by that time I had done 25 already! So I was very clear... you bring the "cup" home with you after the operation and fill it up at home before your follow up appointment. Within 1 hour you will get the "all clear" or "still have some swimmers" result.

Regarding post op recovery - someone said it quite well above. Its really all up to you. If you can sit on the couch wearing the tightest Russian speedo underwear you can find for 2 weeks you will probably be 100% by then. For me I rode my motorbike (its all I have) 4 days later. With the roads in Pattaya, trust me, it probably the worst thing I could have done!! I wore my Russian speedo underwear for a month or so, the idea is that your boys just don't move whatsoever... if you have a car, more power to you.... And just to let you know, I never ONCE had to take any pain medication, any aspirin at all.. I was waiting for some kind of throbbing pain after the local wore off but nothing!

I did not have sex for a month, maybe it was a mental thing but trust me, you have a sex drive now.... as soon as you go into the hospital and someone cuts into your balls, the libido can dissapear quite quickly because sex shoots down to the bottom of the list of things on your mind... I am sure you can understand.

Just be patient... Its the most important thing I can say, remember you only have to do this once in your life.. .recovery times are different for everyone of course, remember you will never have to do this again!

I highly recommend Dr. Jimmy. He has done hundreds and hundreds of these and is very proffessional.

You won't need to pay for one, tell your wife, girlfriend or partner your going to Pattaya, and you'll have it done for free. Two bricks.

Lol

I believe that is a terribly irresponsible and misogynistic point of view.

Guilty as charged. You stated earlier that you also bag up despite the vascetomy, double safety. You can triple it by paying for the quartely hormonal shots for your TGF, 100 Baht each. Does away with menstruation so women quite like it, and protects her from more fertile sperm of other men, always a looming risk here. Safety quadrupled.

• 2 weeks later...

Guilty as charged. You stated earlier that you also bag up despite the vascetomy, double safety. You can triple it by paying for the quartely hormonal shots for your TGF, 100 Baht each. Does away with menstruation so women quite like it, and protects her from more fertile sperm of other men, always a looming risk here. Safety quadrupled.

Why not get a vasectomy, wear 2 condoms, have your gf get the hormonal shot and also use the pull out method.... just in case both condoms break, her hormonal shot doesn't work and your vas defrens somehow magically join together again and your not shooting blanks anymore... just thought I would progress the conversation to the next level.. utter absurdity..