IGNORED

Anyone know a good taxi from BKK to Pattaya

lloydb

Hey fellas,

Me and a couple buddies are landing in BKK on April 19th at 9pm. I tried to book with Mr T (as I used him last time) but he replied and said that because its Songkran that he is not available. I'm sure this is because he has to dispatch his cab from Pattaya and it is almost impossible considering its the last day of this festival in Patts.

My question is if anyone knows of a reliable and reputable company that is available to take us to Patts? I know I can negotiate with a cab at the airport, but I'd rather have a name that I can trust.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mr t taxis or mr toon taxis.

havent got the details to hand but both are well recommended and i have used both and cant complain about either

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

Hi loydb

I also use mr t ,but another taxi i have hired before is from pattaya 4 pleasure 1200bt

just google them.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

mr t taxis or mr toon taxis.

havent got the details to hand but both are well recommended and i have used both and cant complain about either

Unfortunately Mr T said he can't get us as it is the end of songkran in Patts on the day we arrive. Thanks though.

Hi loydb

I also use mr t ,but another taxi i have hired before is from pattaya 4 pleasure 1200bt

just google them.

Will definitely try that. Appreciate the help.

Unfortunately Mr T said he can't get us as it is the end of songkran in Patts on the day we arrive. Thanks though.

Will definitely try that. Appreciate the help.

mr toon is a different guy not to be mistaken with mr t

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

Last trip, I contacted Mr. T for ride back to BKK from Pattaya, and he referred me out to a woman who has her own company -- her direct email is "[email protected]"

GREAT service -- she was early, had a clean comfortable car and stopped on the way so I could grab a soda to help drown my sorrows about leaving. I love to do business with hard-working, honest, friendly people, and that definitely describes her. I intend to contact her directly for a ride on my next trip.

I don't know if she'll be available, but it's definitely worth contacting her via email to see.

Thanks, Sonny! That's the website for the lady referenced in my post.

She told me that her son had set up a website and that she was getting some good business through it, but I didn't note the web address. I have now bookmarked it, so I won't lose it.

As I stated above, TOP NOTCH service!

have you considered the bell bus ?, just as quick as a taxi and only 200baht

landing 9pm he said missed the last bus.

it is a great service though,especially if solo. with 3 or more taxi far more convenient imo.

landing 9pm he said missed the last bus.

it is a great service though,especially if solo. with 3 or more taxi far more convenient imo.

:Agree1: :Agree1: :Agree1:

Dayo...

Thanks for all the replies guys. In answer to the Bell bus, I was thinking about it but as mentioned we arrive at 9pm. And there are three of us. I have actually booked with pattaya taxi (www.pattayataxi.info). Seems to be pretty reliable and has a good reputation and it is a 1000 baht fare, all in. So it is only about 400 baht each (if we include the 200 baht tip that we'll give) so for that price it's a good value.

I did check out the website that footypjman and sonny had mentioned, seems great as well. Perhaps I will try him on the return trip to BKK (I don't even wanna think about leaving Patts already though hahaha).

Thanks again boys, really appreciate all the help. If any of you are in town April 19 - May 6 send me a PM and we can get together for some beers, my treat. :Chokdee:

Cheers

Lloyd

Edited by lloydb

may be a little busy getting into pattaya that night, as you said it will be the last night of SONGKRAN.. be prepared for the traffic...

may be a little busy getting into pattaya that night, as you said it will be the last night of SONGKRAN.. be prepared for the traffic...

Yeah, I was actually worried about this. But was told by a couple different companies that it will not be an issue getting into Pattaya that late at night on the 19th. If it was the 18th then yeah, 7-8 hour drive for sure. Getting OUT of Pattaya on the 19th might be an issue, but getting in won't be as Songkran usually dies down after sunset. So hopefully won't have an issue in this regard.

Thanks for all the replies guys. In answer to the Bell bus, I was thinking about it but as mentioned we arrive at 9pm. And there are three of us. I have actually booked with pattaya taxi (www.pattayataxi.info). Seems to be pretty reliable and has a good reputation and it is a 1000 baht fare, all in. So it is only about 400 baht each (if we include the 200 baht tip that we'll give) so for that price it's a good value.

I always use this taxi service and haven't been disappointed.

If can, can.. If no can, no can..

I always use this taxi service and haven't been disappointed.

That's good to hear. You always see reviews on the net but I'm glad someone on this board has experience with them. Thanks for the intel.

Cheers

Lloyd

Where you staying this trip, Lloyd? Back to Holiday Inn or Marriott?

Holiday Inn increased required points for Pattaya by a staggering 66% (15,000/nt to 25,000/nt), but I was able to get it at old rate by going thru their rewards club customer service. As I recall, you got it at employee rate, so that shouldn't be an issue for you.

Where you staying this trip, Lloyd? Back to Holiday Inn or Marriott?

Holiday Inn increased required points for Pattaya by a staggering 66% (15,000/nt to 25,000/nt), but I was able to get it at old rate by going thru their rewards club customer service. As I recall, you got it at employee rate, so that shouldn't be an issue for you.

Hey footypjman,

Yeah I see that they did. It was only a matter of time before they increase the points requirments. The reason it was so low before was because it was a newly opened hotel so they wanted to attract guests. Once the hotel is established they increase it to the standard 25,000 per night. Even the option to pay + points went up. It WAS $60 + 5000 points per night, but went up to $60+15000 per night. Oh well, not much we can do.

This trip I booked the first 8 nights at the Holiday Inn with the employee rate (1200 bht per night), then we are moving to either the Baywalk Residence or LK Rennaisance. We're gonna decide when we are there.

As I recall you will be there around this time as well?

I was hoping to be there in April, but now it doesn't look like I'll be able to go. Likely stuck with my annual November trip.

1200 baht/nt is a GREAT rate!

I was hoping to be there in April, but now it doesn't look like I'll be able to go. Likely stuck with my annual November trip.

1200 baht/nt is a GREAT rate!

That sucks!! Would have been nice to meet up for a night out. Let me know if anything changes. And yeah, it's a great rate, but last time i paid 899 baht per night....but I guess i shouldn't be complaining haha.

Hi loydb

just google them.

I made a mistake with the name,

just realised,the name should be pattaya4leisure.

Thanks footypjman and sonny i will be keeping anns taxi service in mind myself if Mr T is ever unavailable.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

Hey fellas,

Me and a couple buddies are landing in BKK on April 19th at 9pm. I tried to book with Mr T (as I used him last time) but he replied and said that because its Songkran that he is not available. I'm sure this is because he has to dispatch his cab from Pattaya and it is almost impossible considering its the last day of this festival in Patts.

My question is if anyone knows of a reliable and reputable company that is available to take us to Patts? I know I can negotiate with a cab at the airport, but I'd rather have a name that I can trust.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you head for the Airport Taxi rank you will get a good deal ,ignore any-one telling you otherwise while your in the airport -straigt to the Proper Taxi rank ,the private guys will try to rip you off ! so will the so called limos !

how long is the trip from bkk to pattaya?

It depends what part of Bangkok & time of day. But, generally about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

From Suvarnabhumi Airport, its about 1 1/2 hours, give or take traffic conditions.