IGNORED

Thai now flying A340's

stealf1

thai have been useing A340s for LHR to BKK since the start of jan,

they come with 34" seat pitch and IFE screens on back of the seats,

does this mean the end of the 20 year old jumbos,

or are they coming back.....

anybody flown on a thai a340, if so, how do they compare to eva,s 777s....

imo, if thai can get there prices down a bit closer to eva,s and they have IFE screens,

fitted in there planes with good seat pitch,then there would be no contest,

it would be thai everytime for me....

There are 5 Airbus A340-600s in the Thai fleet of 87 aircraft. These planes have a total seating capacity of 267 passengers in a three-class layout.

I have flow LAX to BKK on the Thai A340. Nice plane. I can't compare to the EVA 777 as I have never flown Eva. I like the entertainment center. I'm not a big fan of of reclining seats as I don't like to recline the seat and I hate when people in front of me do it.

I can say the entertainment center is cool but it comes at a price. The price is leg room as the equipment for those boxes are under the seats. There are certain seats where you are stuck and you will have no leg room because of the box.

I flew on a Thai Air A-340 a couple of yrs ago returning back to UK.

Excellent aeroplane, although they did put me in business class for some reason. :GoldenSmile1: Maybe they had overbooked cattle class, I don't know.

For me, Thai air are very good, but i think EVA are slightly better.

I usually book by price, so next month I'm back with Thai air just because they were about £40 cheaper. Flight times are similar.

thai have been useing A340s for LHR to BKK since the start of jan,

they come with 34" seat pitch and IFE screens on back of the seats,

does this mean the end of the 20 year old jumbos,

or are they coming back.....

anybody flown on a thai a340, if so, how do they compare to eva,s 777s....

imo, if thai can get there prices down a bit closer to eva,s and they have IFE screens,

fitted in there planes with good seat pitch,then there would be no contest,

it would be thai everytime for me....

good news. i stopped flying Thai because of the lack of IFE. i can never sleep on planes, 11hours with no IFE was a nightmare so i changed to Etihad.

I have flow LAX to BKK on the Thai A340. Nice plane. I can't compare to the EVA 777 as I have never flown Eva. I like the entertainment center. I'm not a big fan of of reclining seats as I don't like to recline the seat and I hate when people in front of me do it.

I can say the entertainment center is cool but it comes at a price. The price is leg room as the equipment for those boxes are under the seats. There are certain seats where you are stuck and you will have no leg room because of the box.

Same as Eva's 777s whereby there is no leg room on 3 of the 4 aisle seats because of the equipment boxes......

Don't worry the B747 will be back on the London-Bangkok route in March.

I'm fly out of heathrow on 29 Feb, back on the 23rd March.

just checked my e-ticket A340s both ways

Dayo...

Don't worry the B747 will be back on the London-Bangkok route in March.

I am flying 5th may and back on the 26th may both on the A340.

Be well Dave

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]  

Yes it would appear that Thai Airways have changed the original operation plan to use

the A340 between 16th Jan - 24th March. Looks like the B747-400 will continue to

operate the Sydney-Bangkok route.

Being Thai Airways however aircraft changes at short notice are not unusual so

perhaps the B747-400 will return to the London-Bangkok route in the busy summer months,

TG Operations: Senior Management gets up in morning, goes to office, and spins TG's giant "Wheel of Aircraft" to fill in daily route assignment slots. Where the Wheel stops for your flight, that's what you're traveling on for the day.

i've since read that thai done this before when there bookings were down and they was'nt filling seats,

so it looks like the old dogs will be back after march sometime.....

THAI April 2012 London Operational Aircraft Changes

Update at 0930GMT 17FEB12

As per 17FEB12 GDS timetable and inventory display, THAI from 27MAR12 to 22APR12 is to operate Boeing 747-400 aircraft on twice daily Bangkok – London Heathrow operation, replacing Airbus A340-600 aircraft.

Operational schedule as follows:

TG910 BKK0025 – 0715LHR 744 D

TG916 BKK1140 – 1830LHR 744 D

TG911 LHR1230 – 0605+1BKK 744 D

TG917 LHR2130 – 1505+1BKK 744 D

• 1 month later...

I've since heard the old dogs are coming back ,but they now have been fitted with ife screens,,

Thai are also taking delivery of a380s in Sept ....but its more likely they will fly them from Europe not London,

Also have heard from good sorce,,that Thai will only fly once a day from London rather than two

As it is now....and the prices for direct flights will rocket between eva and Thai....