IGNORED

This is a house we are building in Surin...

AlantheBuilder

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlantheBuilder

• Edge

• LRanger

• Dave the Dude

Having got the T-shirt (and lost my shirt) it's not something I'd do again, but it looks very nice and I still find these builds fascinating.

Thanks for showing us, now I'll show you mine.

Apologies for the intrusion, but here's the house that Edge built .........

DSC02137.JPG

could it be the same house for sale month's ago in company form, with land besides also for sale , advert as Thai Bali house ???

nice one , if so you could afford yourself a HARLEY DAVIDSON instead the green one :GoldenSmile1:

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

could it be the same house for sale month's ago in company form, with land besides also for sale , advert as Thai Bali house ???

nice one , if so you could afford yourself a HARLEY DAVIDSON instead the green one :GoldenSmile1:

Sounds right, but I'm not a Midnight Cowboy, so the green one is fine thanks. :GoldenSmile1:

Alan

l am thinking about building a house in Surin at the moment with my thai gf we have land size 35m x 20m on a corner block, it is already prone to flooding on the corner so first off we will have to level the land half of it is probably 700 lower ( frontside of block ) and fence it, we are thinking about a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house main bedroom with ensuite, tiled thru-out possible 2 split systems. all bedroom to have built in robes... we also were thinking of making like a carport the length of the house and to have a outside kitchen but still undercover...

what are your thoughts on that??? or have you seen it before???

what sort of price do you think you would spend on doing that and how long do yyou think it would take to complete???

what is your business called???

where are you based in surin??

http://www.alanthebuilder.com/

Hi there first of all we would need a plan or sketch to start with if you have a rough sketch please drop me a line on [email protected]

Always happy for local work ,we are based in Surin yes mate .

Guess to build 4 months ,this is a guess as we dont have a plan yet .

P1020644.JPG

P1020650.JPG

P1020646.JPG

P1020659.JPG

P1020657.JPG

P1020629.JPG

P1020645.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Why does Thailand apparently not need damp proof courses....I mean generally?

I know it's mostly sand, but in UK even on pure sand you'd expect problems with no DPC?

In the Uk we build with bricks from under the ground so the damp is easy to rise up as bricks are very absorbent,

Here in Thai we build on Independence footing pads and then a 50cm concrete ring beam ,then 100mm concrete floor ,the water cannot rise up through all of this .Some old houses that are not up form the ground but built low on the ground can have damp patches .

Hi Allan, the house looks amazing.

Is the house on deep sewer or is it septic.

Does Thailand have a sewerage system other than septic?

I enjoy watching your builds evolve .

• 4 weeks later...

That is a GREAT looking house!!! What was the budget? What is the building on the left? Also what was the size of the land?

Looks really good and that is not expensive for that sort of quality. The finish looks excellent and I like the shower wetroom and separate bathroom.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

• 2 weeks later...

I might give you a shout in the next 2 years , busy saving for my retirement in Thailand :-)

This one brought back a few memories.

bath.jpg

I paid 17k for a bath and at first I wouldn't let them have it on site as I didn't trust them not to damage it and anyway I couldn't see why they couldn't work from the detailed drawing which came with it.

They 'lost' the drawing a couple of times and eventually I had to give in. They took 7 chips out of the bath constantly trying it in and out, which they filled with something white which dissolved the first time it was used.

I was concerned as to how I would access the P trap underneath if it ever blocked. The builder grinned and humoured me by putting an access panel from the other side of the wall - then rendered over it.

It didn't matter in the end because the P trap was 'vanished' as soon as I brought the fittings on site and the bath was fitted with a direct 'exhaust' as in your pic - I guess there's only one way to do it here.

Without P traps anywhere in the system, I had them put a 'master' one in the tank everything went into, in the hope of keeping creepy crawlies from entering the house, though I later found that those tree snakes are quite happy passing through the S bends of toilets.

One lasting memory is the way all packaging, off cuts and over ordered cable, tiles or fittings of any sort were instantly 'vanished'.

If subsequently it turned out to have been required after all, there was no chance of getting it back and more had to be ordered.

There were over 100 square metres of wooden flooring, but once it was finished there was not one piece of wood left on site.

Happy days. :SoWhat1: