IGNORED

This is a house we are building in Surin...

AlantheBuilder

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlantheBuilder

• Edge

• LRanger

• Dave the Dude

nice . when will it be finished by alan . have you had any hiccups along the way

Take me down to the paradise city. Were the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Any chance of more info ??

How much was the land ? Did you buy or lease ?

How much was the build ? What's it gonna be worth on the open market when it finished

How longs it take ? What's your builder like ?

Any chance of more info ??

How much was the land ? Did you buy or lease ?

How much was the build ? What's it gonna be worth on the open market when it finished

How longs it take ? What's your builder like ?

excellent topic here :GoldenSmile1:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/16488-building-a-house-in-the-village-updated-august-2011/

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Any chance of more info ?? Yes

How much was the land ? No idea ,we only build the house .

Did you buy or lease ? the clients land .

How much was the build ? 3 mill .

What's it gonna be worth on the open market when it finished.? not for sale

How longs it take ? 3 and a half months with the wall .

What's your builder like ? the builder is http://www.alanthebuilder.com/planning.html

Thanks guys and no hiccups so far mate :GoldenSmile1:

Is Surin on the baht bus route? I don't mind paying 20 baht though if needed.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

a friend of mine has a guttering supply factory based in pattaya. if you need any rain water products, its a off shoot of a aussie firm. pm me if you want any details. cheers

Is Surin on the baht bus route? I don't mind paying 20 baht though if needed.? not sure about this question ! its not in Pattaya .

Hey mate if your mates company has a web site please post it on here maybe other members can have a look .

Thanks again guys ...

Any chance of more info ?? Yes

How much was the build ? 3 mill .

3 Mn sounds quite high for Surin?

Area of house sq.m and plot TW? Is it double skinned walls, 3-4 BR/Bathrooms, Euro kitchen, including A/C and security steel etc etc i.e. turnkey?

Can't see the point of building a Palace up country. I would much prefer a neat small house up-country and a beachside residence south of Pattaya to Rayong

Area of house sq.m ----- 225 sqm

and plot TW?----- no idea not my land ,we are only a house building contractors !

Is it double skinned walls, -----single skin Q-Con blocks with insulating stucco (Render)

3-4 BR/Bathrooms-----,Three bathroom three bathrooms .

Euro kitchen, including A/C and security steel etc etc i.e. turnkey? ----Not . including

Thanks again guys for you input and questions I will add more pics soon ...

Can't see the point of building a palace up country. I would much prefer a neat small house up-country and a beachside residence south of Pattaya to Rayong

Not really a Palace just a modest retirement home for an X-Pat ,

Here a few pictures ,the bottom of the house walls have not been coated yet as we will put a band around with sand stone cladding on that section , i will post more pictures in a few days of progress .

Thanks for your interest guys

As long as she doesn't go pear shape :GoldenSmile1:

Maaate. When she gets to 42-44 I guarantee she will be pear shape. I have seen it happen with my wife before my very eyes - the amount they eat expands exponentially as you make them happier.

My wife eats so much she bloats up like a dead cow (shes not overly big) and then she craps it out overnight or next morning like a trooper.

Hint, make sure there is a squat toilet out the back!

All good fun.

p.s Roof leaks are the thing to be doubly careful to keep out... as with any house but jeeezus it rains hard up in Issan

Area of house sq.m ----- 225 sqm

and plot TW?----- no idea not my land ,we are only a house building contractors !

Is it double skinned walls, -----single skin Q-Con blocks with insulating stucco (Render)

3-4 BR/Bathrooms-----,Three bathroom three bathrooms .

Euro kitchen, including A/C and security steel etc etc i.e. turnkey? ----Not . including

Thanks again guys for you input and questions I will add more pics soon ...

How much baht did you pay for the house?

How much baht did you pay for the house? == I never paid anything for the house I am the building contractor ,building the house for a client !

I hope you understand Sexyfarang a song for you -

..thanks again gents

Having got the T-shirt (and lost my shirt) it's not something I'd do again, but it looks very nice and I still find these builds fascinating.

Thanks for showing us, now I'll show you mine.

Apologies for the intrusion, but here's the house that Edge built .........

DSC02137.JPG

Nice Looking house mate ,looks very Thai style ,the only things I would had done would of been the two areas under the house to the left and the right of the truck ,I would have made them a bit higher so they could of served a purpose ,maybe a meter higher ,such a waist of space .Also the wooden stairs and balconies must get flooded out when heavy rain ,could get a tad wet coming home on a rainy day .The design could of been more practical for the monsoon season! (guttering might help).

But a nice looking house Edge !

Nice Looking house mate ,looks very Thai style ,the only things I would had done would of been the two areas under the house to the left and the right of the truck ,I would have made them a bit higher so they could of served a purpose ,maybe a meter higher ,such a waist of space .Also the wooden stairs and balconies must get flooded out when heavy rain ,could get a tad wet coming home on a rainy day .The design could of been more practical for the monsoon season! (guttering might help).

But a nice looking house Edge !

You're right, but then it's your trade so you should know what you're talking about.

At the two lower sides the original design only raised enough for air movement underneath and the centre area wasn't usable either.

Even the centre area was only about a metre, so I jacked that up to 3 metres, but I wanted to keep the look, so the sides only went to about 1200-1500 (forget) - still high enough to travel under in a crouch and one side was intended as a dog run and the other a large shaded Koi pond which fed into an outer pond.

I had a thing about outside shaded area .....and there was a lot.

I didn't want to go higher than that and nor did I want to lose the split level look, but yes I would probably do it differently if there was a next time. It was classed as single storey for planning purposes.

Space wasn't an issue on the 1.5 Rai plot as the house could easily be extended on 2 elevations.

The tiled balconies and stairs were designed so that rainwater flowed to the bottom stairs and into the outer pond - overflowing from there into the garden. It never flooded, but gutters were planned. The base was raised above ground level, so the monsoon rains ran around the house and away down the garden.

The bottom line (for me) was that when the exchange rate crashed I stopped building (no wall or A/C or landscaping) so as far as I got I built at average 68 Baht/£.........also I split with the Ex, but that's another story.

The contracted build cost was 2.7 Mn, but as bathroom fittings and all flooring were upgraded from original spec', the roof went from cement to ceramic and the house was expanded by one metre in 3 directions, it finished up at 3.5 Mn.

I say finished, but I sold it and the buyer has spent about the same again on finishing it properly - money no apparent object.

The centre area is now a closed in office/party room with smoked glass overlooking a large swimming pool with 2 guest bungalows and waterfalls. There is a 2 storey maid's house at the rear and a 2 storey garage to the side.

With a mostly 3 metre high wall and every electronic gadget, it's impressive to say the least......and there's guttering now. :P